TurboChaos's Lair:Chorus Kids V2 Release Soon? And Return Of Airman!

Started by Turb0k, January 30, 2013, 12:04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Lost some of Airman's texture files. Should I....

A) Get back to work on them right away.
B) Take a break and get back to them later
C) Who are you and why should I care.
Quote from: TurboChaos on September 19, 2014, 05:33:56 PM
More progress! All that's left is his hand, then the model will be complete.

Like the arm with the Air Shooter, keep the blue parts flat like a cylinders, and just texture in the ribbing.
As for the black part of the legs, again, pull them in so his thighs are just jutting out along with his legs like that, it looks awkward.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

You seem to have a solid base understanding of form, which is great. Unfortunately, your topology knowledge seems limited. I recommend looking up some tutorials on the subject, they will greatly help improve your modeling skills.

For example, his left arm does not need that many vertical edges. You can keep some where his arm will bend (otherwise he will look odd when animated, study some Brawl default models to see how the designers handled topology around the joints if you'd like some reference material) but other than that, you're wasting a ton of polygons. Same with the arm cannon, the rightmost vertical edgeloop is unnecessary. If you're using Max you can quickly delete these unneeded loops by selecting a single edge and clicking Loop under the edges sub-modifier of the Edit Poly/Mesh modifier. Use the Remove tool to delete them. (Note: the vertices will still be present, so you'll have to remove them as well.)

Regardless, nice work.

This might be the last preview for a while as I might be busy this week. Enjoy!

Something I'm importing as a side project while I finish up Airman's model. Anyone want to guess who it's over?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Re-did Airman's eyes and belt. Now I can proudly say that this model is done.

I plan to release Yellow Devil over the weekend, but I can't get to my Wii right now so if any one wants to take some in-game pics please PM me. Until them have some Galaxyman.

I recommend further editing Yellow Devil, his current shape doesn't match his official appearance. The problem is in his legs and arms.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen on October 24, 2014, 07:45:21 PM
I recommend further editing Yellow Devil, his current shape doesn't match his official appearance. The problem is in his legs and arms.
What do you think the problem is? Too small? Too large? Too Beefy?

Also I decided that Galaxyman will be rigged over ether Sonic (With UFO over sphere) or Ganon (With UFO over Beast Form)

gotta be ganon for the sheer hilarity

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524







These are my answer to your post sir.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

so basically, the feet need to be more acute on the toe area, and the hands each need 3 fingers and a thumb

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

I fixed the feet, made the eye bigger and took away a finger. I think it's finished.


Post Merge: October 29, 2014, 05:26:04 PM

Actually I decided to keep the 5 fingers, since I think the 4 fingers look ugly and I don't want to mess with the original rig since I'm using DK's hands.

Post Merge: October 29, 2014, 08:53:30 PM

So I decided I'll release two versions of Yellow Devil.

- My Version: has thinner arms and legs / smaller eye (aka. the one in my profile pic.)

- Classic Version: Has thicker arms and legs / larger eye (the one above)

What do you guys think?