Stage Workshop

Started by LegacyWolf, February 02, 2013, 09:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

yes you can mirror, set the X scale value to -1 in the animation.
it does need it's own bone though obviously.

February 01, 2014, 01:26:07 AM #391 Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 01:30:17 AM by Syvkal
Took me a while to figure out how to stop the texture from being inside out >.< Stupid material cull :P

Anywho, finally got a design I'm pretty happy with, here's the full stage:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Only thing I'm undecided on is that far back right blue stalk... but w/e :P

Here's a shot more 'in-game' instead of zoomed out:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Leaves on all the background plants will come soonish, then paratroopers and finally - if I can figure out how to texture it  - I'll import some gold mario coins to spin around while floating next to the Beanstalks ^-^

Oh and the clouds... and maybe some leaves that bend when you stand on them :P


Quote from: LlamaJuice on January 31, 2014, 09:26:23 AM
I spent a bunch of time tinkering with BrawlBox, got the full stage ingame, but was having a bunch of problems with transparency shaders and stuff.  So after spending a silly amount of time trying to research how to do it... I gave up.

Then I worked more on background assets.

[...]

Created the small town to the left of the tower
Created simple log bridges to go across the rivers
Added mountains/clouds to the skydome to make the sky more interesting.
Created textures for the doors on the main platform.
Looks nice! If the polygon count ends up getting too high, I'm sure you'll be able to shed a ton of polygons by rendering and flattening the mountains. Just look at how Shadow Moses Island does it, for example.
Click for my stuff:


Quote from: LlamaJuice on January 31, 2014, 09:26:23 AM
I spent a bunch of time tinkering with BrawlBox, got the full stage ingame, but was having a bunch of problems with transparency shaders and stuff.  So after spending a silly amount of time trying to research how to do it... I gave up.

Then I worked more on background assets.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Created the small town to the left of the tower
Created simple log bridges to go across the rivers
Added mountains/clouds to the skydome to make the sky more interesting.
Created textures for the doors on the main platform.
That looks really impressive i can't wait to see the final design :D
Anyway this is just a suggestion but if you wanted to make the sky look more interesting you could have used the skydome from battlefield as its already animated and would hopefully save some time in the long run assuming it wouldn't give any problems transferring it over

Quote from: Syvkal on February 01, 2014, 01:26:07 AM
Took me a while to figure out how to stop the texture from being inside out >.< Stupid material cull :P

Anywho, finally got a design I'm pretty happy with, here's the full stage:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Only thing I'm undecided on is that far back right blue stalk... but w/e :P

Here's a shot more 'in-game' instead of zoomed out:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Leaves on all the background plants will come soonish, then paratroopers and finally - if I can figure out how to texture it  - I'll import some gold mario coins to spin around while floating next to the Beanstalks ^-^

Oh and the clouds... and maybe some leaves that bend when you stand on them :P

I'm loving this one as well keep up the good work!
It makes me so happy that there's more than a handful of stage makers again

@Chuy Thanks :)

I looked at the Battlefield background as some form of inspiration when thinking of what I wanted to do for my background, but I was tired of seeing so many stages with reused backgrounds (how many stages use the waterfall or crevice background from SSE?)

This made me want to create something somewhat high quality that would be unique to my stage.

also, I'm glad that the stage scene seems to be picking up (I have an extremely short frame of reference).  There was a solid page or so of just me posting updates haha.  It's nice to have other people's work to look at too :)

Quote from: Chuy on February 01, 2014, 01:54:19 AMI'm loving this one as well keep up the good work!
It makes me so happy that there's more than a handful of stage makers again

Thanks =] However, I hardly count as a stage maker, all of my creations are pretty much just edits of existing stages or an arrangement of imported objects from other stages. But if someone likes them, then I guess it doesn't matter :P

Quote from: LlamaJuice on February 01, 2014, 02:39:10 AM
@Chuy Thanks :)

I looked at the Battlefield background as some form of inspiration when thinking of what I wanted to do for my background, but I was tired of seeing so many stages with reused backgrounds (how many stages use the waterfall or crevice background from SSE?)

This made me want to create something somewhat high quality that would be unique to my stage.

also, I'm glad that the stage scene seems to be picking up (I have an extremely short frame of reference).  There was a solid page or so of just me posting updates haha.  It's nice to have other people's work to look at too :)
You sir just gained more respect in my book for that statement for being original as i do agree there are alot of unoriginal bg swaps in the vault however i didn't think that battlefield`s background had become popular to swap which is why i recommended it to using it.
Granted though i haven't gotten to good a look at brawlvault in a long time.

Quote from: Syvkal on February 01, 2014, 03:16:57 AM
Thanks =] However, I hardly count as a stage maker, all of my creations are pretty much just edits of existing stages or an arrangement of imported objects from other stages. But if someone likes them, then I guess it doesn't matter :P
Take it as you will but the stage has great potential in it and i really do look forward to the final product



Made red "Babi Lighthouse", redid the side towers, recolored the floating circle platforms, Optimized everything, redid all of the mountains, Optimized everything some more.

I also added/moved some clouds.

I'm currently at 49,880 triangles.  Just for you Eternal Yoshi.

Quote from: LlamaJuice on February 01, 2014, 10:56:03 PM


Made red "Babi Lighthouse", redid the side towers, recolored the floating circle platforms, Optimized everything, redid all of the mountains, Optimized everything some more.

I also added/moved some clouds.

I'm currently at 49,880 triangles.  Just for you Eternal Yoshi.
this looks amazing, can't wait til it's finished

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

idk how it'll look in-game if you use some sort of fog, but the red house stands a bit too much out to me...

Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on February 02, 2014, 12:14:46 AM
idk how it'll look in-game if you use some sort of fog, but the red house stands a bit too much out to me...
nothing like a bit of fog cant fix :p
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

February 02, 2014, 10:42:16 AM #401 Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 10:58:58 AM by LlamaJuice
Played a lot with the engine today trying to figure stuff out.

I for the life of me can't figure out transparencies, animated textures, or an easy way to do lighting/fog that doesn't involve launching brawl each time to see my changes so that makes things a bit ugly at the moment. #Noob

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Also, I started playing with trying to figure out how I'm going to light the lighthouse and introduce this stage's gimmick.... haven't split the mesh apart yet, but I did this instead.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Preview video of my mockup of the animation in Maya.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Also, realized that I'm the only person who doesn't spoiler tag all of my images.  I'll stop being rude now.

@jjookkeekkiidd, I'm not too sure about the red yet either.  It's easy enough to fix though that I'm not too worried about it just yet.  I wanted to go for a color similar to what's in the game's overworld map.  I assumed the fog would fix it as well.  I'm just bad with fog/lighting in this engine though right now haha.

Here's the overworld from Golden Sun for comparison.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Hmm...

First off in order to do transparency, you need the texture to be transparent (as in a checkered background in photoshop/gimp, not a black background) and to save it as a .png.

When you get it in there, you need to make the format either CMPR or RGBA8(For semi transparency)

Also for materials that have textures you want transparent, you need to edit the highlighted part of the material that the clouds/whatever you want transparent use.


Also right click the Mdl0 block and make a new Shader for the transparent parts to use. Here's an example of a Shader ready for transparency usage.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bwv1862u8nn1do6/ShaderTrans

Don't worry about the name; just use the newest Brawlbox to replace the new shader you made with this.

Lastly, make sure that your transparent materials are using the Shader by checking this setting:



February 02, 2014, 06:06:17 PM #403 Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 06:09:34 PM by 悪魔スレイヤーX8
Quote from: LlamaJuice on February 02, 2014, 10:42:16 AM
Played a lot with the engine today trying to figure stuff out.

I for the life of me can't figure out transparencies, animated textures, or an easy way to do lighting/fog that doesn't involve launching brawl each time to see my changes so that makes things a bit ugly at the moment. #Noob

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Also, I started playing with trying to figure out how I'm going to light the lighthouse and introduce this stage's gimmick.... haven't split the mesh apart yet, but I did this instead.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Preview video of my mockup of the animation in Maya.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Also, realized that I'm the only person who doesn't spoiler tag all of my images.  I'll stop being rude now.

@jjookkeekkiidd, I'm not too sure about the red yet either.  It's easy enough to fix though that I'm not too worried about it just yet.  I wanted to go for a color similar to what's in the game's overworld map.  I assumed the fog would fix it as well.  I'm just bad with fog/lighting in this engine though right now haha.

Here's the overworld from Golden Sun for comparison.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

looks nice so far, but i did tell ya that i'd help ya on the stage :p

So if u beed help, then im here to do it for ya!
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

tristrip the hell out of it and you've got my download

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524