Stage Workshop

Started by LegacyWolf, February 02, 2013, 09:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ah yeah good point... forgot about that XD

what seggy said.. adding sfx to stages isnt possible for now
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

tis a shame, too. imagine a Great Mighty Poo stage with him singing on cue

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Quote from: King Harkinian (a.k.a. Gnorc) on February 05, 2014, 11:31:38 PM
tis a shame, too. imagine a Great Mighty Poo stage with him singing on cue

no... just no :srs:

but back on topic.. i do love what i see so far Llama! seems like u might not need my help after all :p
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Haha I always was intending on sending you the files.  I always assumed I'd hit a wall that I couldn't pass and I'd have to call in backup, but I've been able to churn along pretty well thanks to the mass of knowledge in the search box and the answers you fine folk have given me in this thread.

Plus, it's been really comforting to know that at any point I could just pass off the stage to someone who knows what they're doing and have it turn out well.

That being said... Shaders still confuse the hell out of me.  I've pretty much been just going into other stages and finding something that looks like what I want, then pulling their shader/material and applying it to my mesh.  I can't find any good descriptions of what the items in a shader do, or what to change to make something look a certain way.  How do I make a shader appear emissive?  Stuff like this I can't find any information on in the forums.  If someone has information about shader creation I'd be very interested in seeing it.

I was thinking that it would be handy to either have a big writeup saying how shaders work, or have a folder of premade shaders where you could have a metal(Shiny) shader and a cloud(Transparent) shader and a water(animated) shader all just setup ready to import into a stage.

Or, how do I get a texture (like a giant light beam) to be semi transparent, and look neat from any angle?

The other thing that's been confusing me is how do I get multiple CHR0 animations to play, or how do I queue up a string of them to play?  Right now I'm only seeing one able to play at a time it seems, so I end up just making a 6,000 frame animation that should loop

sadly u cant get multiple chr0's to play.. i also have a folder with alot of materials and shaders for stages.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

How do I do camera shake tied to an animation?
Here's my stage with the current animations going on that I've come up with so far.  I think it works pretty well for the stage.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I've been trying to make the shader for the green ball look good and I think I'm finally happy with it.

The one big shader issue that I'm running into is that the beam that comes out will look like garbage in front of water
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I can't figure that out.

hmmyes... i am enjoying this progress

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

February 08, 2014, 01:51:48 PM #443 Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 01:52:39 PM by Syvkal
Quote from: LlamaJuice on February 08, 2014, 07:20:21 AMThe one big shader issue that I'm running into is that the beam that comes out will look like garbage in front of water
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I can't figure that out.

This has happened to me before. I believe that's to do with the order in brawlbox...
Try putting them in a ModelData[ # ] with a higher index than the water model. Should fix the problem as far as I know.

Or it could simply be coincidence that this solution worked for me... xD

its not really a shader issue, its more of like a material issue


go to the beam material and u want to change EnableDepthUpdate to True instead of False (Located in Z Mode)

if it is set to true, then its the water material (which i have no clue wat its set as)
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Working on a new stage here:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


It's going to be over one of the Pokemon Stadiums, but I'm not sure what 3DS games to use as stage transformations. So far I've picked Dillon's Rolling Western and Pushmo but still need two other notable 3DS games to include. Any suggestions?

Quote from: Angelglory on February 08, 2014, 07:12:24 PM
Working on a new stage here:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


It's going to be over one of the Pokemon Stadiums, but I'm not sure what 3DS games to use as stage transformations. So far I've picked Dillon's Rolling Western and Pushmo but still need two other notable 3DS games to include. Any suggestions?
Maybe HarmoKnight and Mighty Switch Force?
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quote from: Angelglory on February 08, 2014, 07:12:24 PM
Working on a new stage here:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


It's going to be over one of the Pokemon Stadiums, but I'm not sure what 3DS games to use as stage transformations. So far I've picked Dillon's Rolling Western and Pushmo but still need two other notable 3DS games to include. Any suggestions?
please have one of them be megaman 2.

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

February 08, 2014, 08:09:40 PM #448 Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 08:30:06 PM by SonicBrawler
Quote from: Angelglory on February 08, 2014, 07:12:24 PM
Working on a new stage here:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


It's going to be over one of the Pokemon Stadiums, but I'm not sure what 3DS games to use as stage transformations. So far I've picked Dillon's Rolling Western and Pushmo but still need two other notable 3DS games to include. Any suggestions?

That looks pretty good

How about Megaman Legends 3 Mario vs Donkey Kong?

and here is my first stage. all thats left is to get a good camera system going cuz right now its odd

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I may add a few more spaceish pokemon or something
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: King Harkinian (a.k.a. Gnorc) on February 08, 2014, 08:07:02 PM
please have one of them be megaman 2.
NES game = / = 3DS game
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509