Stage Workshop

Started by LegacyWolf, February 02, 2013, 09:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Snivy on December 20, 2014, 07:29:21 PM
I think Green Green's Tree has the transparency you're looking for. The ModelData[2] in the file, under materials, mat34, be sure to copy the shader it uses as well.

It worked! Thanks!

Quote from: Scout on December 20, 2014, 09:22:45 PM
It worked! Thanks!
Oh, good. Maybe I'll do that too...
My 3DS Friend code : 3411-0459-5550
PM me your FC as well, K?
In my Friend Safari:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

My Blog: (http://snivymodding.blogspot.com/)
Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 17, 2012, 11:05:22 PM
I live life on the EDDDGGGGEEEEE

Quote from: Snivy on December 20, 2014, 10:42:01 PM
Oh, good. Maybe I'll do that too...
the shader is not necessary. I did a test, it does change how the whole model looks, it made mine darker.

The material was all that was nessesary.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Scout on December 21, 2014, 12:40:59 AM
the shader is not necessary. I did a test, it does change how the whole model looks, it made mine darker.

The material was all that was necessary.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Oh. That would explain my problem as well.
My 3DS Friend code : 3411-0459-5550
PM me your FC as well, K?
In my Friend Safari:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

My Blog: (http://snivymodding.blogspot.com/)
Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 17, 2012, 11:05:22 PM
I live life on the EDDDGGGGEEEEE

Quote from: Scout on December 20, 2014, 01:24:45 AM
Really? I did not know the game used .brres format as well.

I would like to learn how to port a .bress files from a game then, I already got the ripping tools and such but I never learned how to use them. I made it far enough to rip the files into separate folders, but thats it, I could not gain access to the data inside them. The game was super mario galaxy.

I also would like to know the advantages of doing this method rather than doing the .obj importing.
Super Mario Galaxy doesn't use .brres, it uses .bdl/.bmd. They're completely different formats and not directly compatible with each other.

Anyway, porting directly from .brres has two big advantages. One is that all of the shaders and lighting are already made for you, though sometimes you have to tweak the data to work with Brawl. The other advantage is that model formats don't support vertex shading or multiple UVs, which is what Sonic Colors uses for its light maps. These are all things that are not impossible to port, but require a lot of tedious extra effort.
Click for my stuff:


That explains why I could not gain access to it then. Thanks!

For now, I'll just finish the stages that I already started with your exports that used .bress before. I'll give ripping one more try afterwards.

Actually, perhaps I'll attempt it now just to get the correct shaders and light settings for the wisp stage.




Well, that was easy, I ripped the shaders, materials and scene data from the planet wisp stage and mimic them over to Brawls Data:

Progress:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


After 4 minutes the stage turns into this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I find it finished, but there is one thing I must do first for the icing on the cake.

shadows?
i hope you're talking about shadows, because that's what i see that's missing... xD

*is able to import SMG models into brawl along with proper materials and shaders*

did i say something? anyways... nice stage i guess... at least we get another sonic stage
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: DSX8 on December 30, 2014, 04:22:34 AM
*is able to import SMG models into brawl along with proper materials and shaders*

did i say something? anyways... nice stage i guess... at least we get another sonic stage

Would you like a medal? Is there a problem? There's no need to be rude...

I admit that it did sound rude...

Quote from: DSX8 on December 30, 2014, 04:22:34 AM
*is able to import SMG models into brawl along with proper materials and shaders*


Quote from: DSX8 on December 30, 2014, 04:22:34 AM
*is able to import SMG models into brawl along with proper materials and shaders*

did i say something? anyways... nice stage i guess... at least we get another sonic stage
Quote from: LJSTAR on December 30, 2014, 07:33:47 PM
I admit that it did sound rude...
i agree with you LJstar this sounds pretty much rude
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

December 30, 2014, 08:01:05 PM #837 Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 09:05:25 PM by Scout
Quote from: DSX8 on December 30, 2014, 04:22:34 AM
*is able to import SMG models into brawl along with proper materials and shaders*
did i say something?

Edit: Wait a sec... wait a sec... waiiiiiit a sec... what did you mean by that section? I think I am misunderstanding.

Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on December 30, 2014, 12:48:57 AM
shadows?
i hope you're talking about shadows, because that's what i see that's missing... xD

Im learning the ropes, Im trying my best to get things right.  Shadow making is something I've been secretly attempting for weeks now, but can't get it right.

am i the only one that assumed DSX8 was actually offering help? O_O

La off DSX8, he doesn't need to be called rude by everyone who thinks it, once or twice is enough!