Stage Workshop

Started by LegacyWolf, February 02, 2013, 09:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


thanks guys :) im trying to fix bug on it like lighting D:
i have a new site click here to check it out
http://mrhalloweencreations.wix.com/-unkownkokiri

January 14, 2016, 03:02:38 AM #872 Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 03:07:15 AM by Blarget2
I fixed up Unkown Kokiri's Shovel Knight map.



I have no Idea how to modify the models themselves (as they are not the right shape to show 1 to 1 pixel art properly) but I modified the textures to that the pixels are sharp and clean. It was bugging me that they were all stretched and blurry, so I tried my best to fix that. The background might be impossible to fix without modifying the actual model.

EDIT: I should clarify that I know how to model (I am going to school for it) but I have yet to learn the ins and outs of map creation.

oh nicely done :) imlearning the ins and out on my own so i get what your saying
i have a new site click here to check it out
http://mrhalloweencreations.wix.com/-unkownkokiri

It is pretty fun though. I wish there was a single comprehensible Tutorial on making a map from scratch.

HEY! m looking for some help to edit the Stage Builder, transforming it into 60 different stages, Anyone?


Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524




Posting this here too since the /r/customsmash thread doesn't appear to be getting any bites.

So I've been casually messing around working on a simple reskin of Green Hill Zone for a couple weeks now, which I am just getting to look like something far enough from what previous attempts did—that is, literal knives to the eyes—that it may be considered playable.

The plan is to have it take on the motif of Skaia, from Homestuck. What I have so far is this (link to .pac dl).

I've dulled the black and greyed the white a bit, deleted most of the objects and increased the size of the pattern, which have each helped keep the stage from overwhelming the eyes (I am serious about literal knives), but I'm pretty sure there are still simple things that can be changed to make it more optically agreeable. I've nothing more but weak extrapolations to aim at the finicky mistress that is the aesthetic, though, so I'm comfortable quitting while I'm ahead and conceding to asking for help.

I'm looking to make the skin comfortable to play with and hopefully without potential for issue. Any advice?


Update: I gave the checkers a marble overlay in GIMP, which influenced the colours that they both be brighter. It is difficult for me to be objective about which looks better, though, so I'll link it later coupled with the hope a kindly stranger might lend their brief scrutiny.
edit: here it is

(low res) video of second version

Funny that you'd post that. I was working with Xerom on a true Skaia's Battlefield, but I haven't had much time lately to work on it. Ironically, I'll be having extra free time on the next few days, so I'll get to workin' on it right away.

Regarding yours, it doesn't seem bad at all. I like how it looks right now on the video and can't wait to see how it's going to look when it's done.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Oh, you mean a from-scratch stage based on Skaia's battlefield? Or an edit of Battlefield that stays as true as possibly it can to its theme? Both sound as though things worth watching a space for. I'll keep my eye out.

Yeah, I think it looks good, I've just tweaked and looked at it so much I'm not sure my opinion on it is substantial anymore. Variations of black and white are only so distinguishable. I guess if it does look alright I'll start figuring out how to add flavour stuff; images of chess people in the background, rivers of red, etc.

It's going to be a new stage... I'll try to get it to be a good representation of Skaia
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


I look forward to seeing it bear fruit.

I'm working on Arceus's Spear Pillar. All Arceus needs is some character animations.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

These threads are dying so bad lol

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Quote from: B a d   T i m e LC-DDM on May 13, 2016, 03:11:44 AM
#MakeNintendoWiFiGreatAgain
QuoteA girl who bullies you is just showing their ignorance while at the same time is too stupid to tell you she likes you.ヽ( ͡°╭​͜ʖ╮​͡° )ノ

Smash 4 Cloud Project:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77350.0


Smash 4 Cloud discord: https://discord.gg/P8e4JUC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5wsEF4QhWfmmRAKfSNymaw

Anther's Ladder: TheTriforceLink
Smash 3DS mains: Link, Shulk, Falco, Cloud, Villy

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]