The Waluigi PSA. Finally Released!

Started by MKHT, April 15, 2013, 01:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on April 30, 2013, 03:09:57 AM
Hm... Maybe his pummel could have reduced damage.

The Waa's advantage though is. Unlike Warlock Punch, or Falcon Punch... It's safe to use in the air off stage. You can gimp a foe, or pressure them with it.

His forward smash is based on one of the assist trophy versions' last hits. Which sends the foe flying.

The recovery could be a character weakness. Not every character has a amazing recovery. Plus, try his down B, without pressing anything until it's animation ends. Then use an up B/side B. This extends his recovery a bit.

The dodge roll, along with other animations will be fixed.


You don't think his throws are over powered?

Air Waa's. Fair enough.

I was aware it was his assist move, I didn't think it made a lot of sense then as well. I still personally think it should be switched with his tilt. It just... fits more, I think.

I thought maybe his horrible recovery was intentional. I was aware using his down and occasionally side special could also be used... perhaps I need to play with him a bit more to determine how balanced I think it is.

Quote from: Tasty Pumpkin Clock on April 30, 2013, 06:30:16 PM
You don't think his throws are over powered?
Well, they are a bit. But you need to remember. Waluigi is being built with both P:M, and vBrawl in mind. P:M has some pretty strong throws. The vBrawl Waluigi's throws will probably be nerfed.

Quote from: Tasty Pumpkin Clock on April 30, 2013, 06:30:16 PM
I was aware it was his assist move, I didn't think it made a lot of sense then as well. I still personally think it should be switched with his tilt. It just... fits more, I think.

Hm... Though, the current animation for side smash would be very odd as a tilt likewise.

Quote from: Tasty Pumpkin Clock on April 30, 2013, 06:30:16 PM
I thought maybe his horrible recovery was intentional. I was aware using his down and occasionally side special could also be used... perhaps I need to play with him a bit more to determine how balanced I think it is.
Most likely. It's best to play test for quite awhile honestly. Since... I can say from experience that something I felt was underpowered on other PSAs. Turned out to be just fine. And the other way around too. Something I felt was at first too strong, not being broken.

I'd say keep testing him.

I love the work with the mod... always wish Waluigi got his chance to shine... which is why I made a petition about it! I found this mod/hack through a google search. I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to sign the petition to "give Waluigi a chance in the spotlight" It'd be greatly appreciated!

http://www.change.org/petitions/nintendo-give-waluigi-a-chance-in-the-spotlight

It's funny how Luigi gets made fun of not being as famous as Mario in the games, and yet Waluigi is like not famous at all in the Mushroom World. xD
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: exodecai on May 02, 2013, 01:52:17 AM
I love the work with the mod... always wish Waluigi got his chance to shine... which is why I made a petition about it! I found this mod/hack through a google search. I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to sign the petition to "give Waluigi a chance in the spotlight" It'd be greatly appreciated!

http://www.change.org/petitions/nintendo-give-waluigi-a-chance-in-the-spotlight

I love Waluigi, but, even if you get 150,000 signs, which is already unlikely, I doubt Nintendo will bat an eye.
But hey, good luck.

Next to Mario, I love Waluigi, for some strange reason. Mario Party DS made me like him more, somehow.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: exodecai on May 02, 2013, 01:52:17 AM
I love the work with the mod... always wish Waluigi got his chance to shine... which is why I made a petition about it! I found this mod/hack through a google search. I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to sign the petition to "give Waluigi a chance in the spotlight" It'd be greatly appreciated!

http://www.change.org/petitions/nintendo-give-waluigi-a-chance-in-the-spotlight


good luck with your petition, i gave it a sign

now for a Waluigi update, honestly not much progress at this stage, the texture for the new model is about the same as the last preview, got more sounds in and still working on that when i can, oh and joke king i still haven't forgotten about the P:M version




When will the next preview come out?

May 06, 2013, 06:13:38 AM #68 Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 10:26:10 AM by marioking64DS
Quote from: rax189 on May 06, 2013, 04:16:32 AM
When will the next preview come out?

maybe at the end of this week, just been quite busy as of late





Quote from: joke king on May 06, 2013, 10:02:38 AM
project M?
:oshi:
Quote from: marioking64DS on May 04, 2013, 12:59:35 PMoh and joke king i still haven't forgotten about the P:M version
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]




love the clever mix of wario and luigi's announcer calls

Quote from: joke king on May 10, 2013, 03:33:03 PM
love the clever mix of wario and luigi's announcer calls
Simple, yet effective