Extra Character Slot

Started by ASF1nk, May 08, 2013, 08:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

May 09, 2013, 12:48:12 PM #30 Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 12:49:48 PM by DarkPika
Quote from: ForOhFor Error on May 09, 2013, 01:38:26 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but you're wrong.
Replay data has to be capable of being synched between wiis.
Replay data is nothing but starting conditions and button presses.
For an accurate replay, a computer will have to act the same in the same circumstances.
Therefore, the AI can learn during a fight, but not have a total bank of experience.
QED
oh... replay save data...
I thought you were talking about system saves :P

yea replay data is just button presses...
the same data that gets sent across the network...

I've already studied that and explained it quite a few times :P

as for that getting corrupted, I can completely understand that... heh


as for AI experiance...
I won't question you because you seem to have actually looked into it...
but I have friends who have compaired fighting red-hat Pika on their wii's vs my wii.
every one of them have said mine fights much better.

that's all I can say, as I havn't looked into it... :P

if you say it doesn't bank the experiance, then I'm not sure how to explain that...
I have no codes to mod the compy's experiance either.
(I do have the lvl modifier, but only as a txt document... (never installed it))

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I've spoken to enough people who actually know how the AI works to know that the whole 'AI can learn' effect is nothing more then a myth, seeing as the AI is a complex script that decides which action to perform when put in certain situations.
The fact that you feel that your red hat Pikachu somehow puts up a better fight is just a placebo effect.

May 09, 2013, 01:22:56 PM #32 Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 01:30:42 PM by DarkPika
Quote from: ds22 on May 09, 2013, 01:04:27 PM
I've spoken to enough people who actually know how the AI works to know that the whole 'AI can learn' effect is nothing more then a myth, seeing as the AI is a complex script that decides which action to perform when put in certain situations.
The fact that you feel that your red hat Pikachu somehow puts up a better fight is just a placebo effect.
if you don't believe me,
come over to my place and try it out ;D

I'm sure you'll find it makes much better decisions and doesn't spam as much.
it also tricks you more often.

I actually have people coming over to my place asking me to fight their compys for them to make them "smarter"...

I honestly believe it has something to do with the savedata, as it takes years to see some significant progress.


and on another note,
it is just red that actually shows it's smarts...
the others like to jump off the ledge and barely put up a fight,
however, some of their moves actually mimick what red fights with,
and I've had quite a few occurences of blue and green using the exact same moves at the exact same time for 3 or more moves in a row, even though they were in different places...

tbh, about 60% of it actually makes sense...
the other 40%, I don't even


EDIT:
on a side note though,
I'd like to meet those people you know :)
I wanna learn how the AI works myself as I want to make the "years taken" into "instant" progress.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

May 09, 2013, 01:40:18 PM #33 Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 01:41:49 PM by ds22
Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is no such thing as "years taken" progress, there really isn't.
The only thing that influences the AI 'smarts' is the CPU level, and that's it.
And besides, this isn't the place to talk about this, so I suggest to drop the subject.

Quote from: ds22 on May 09, 2013, 01:40:18 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is no such thing as "years taken" progress, there really isn't.
The only thing that influences the AI 'smarts' is the CPU level, and that's it.
not sayin I don't believe you...
just sayin IDK how to explain my end...

QuoteAnd besides, this isn't the place to talk about this, so I suggest to drop the subject.
agreed...
dropping it now ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

This is kinda old... we were using something like this in Brawl- for a while but couldn't sort out the issues.

May 09, 2013, 05:20:33 PM #36 Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 05:22:47 PM by Albafika
PMBR members: No one in here has reported a damaged file due to these codes. I tried them and they work for me as well. As much as you insist you want to help, you are not doing it by filling this thread with posts stating how harmful these codes can be and how much they will damage the user's save data even though no one has yet reported a damaged save file. You made your point and said what you had to say about these codes (And I can't count the matches I've had against DDD, ds22, without it freezing/[censored]ing up anything), now move on. This thread was made by ASF to share some codes that at the moment work for whoever has tried it (Including myself), so now that that's settled, no more derailing.

Back on topic, please.

May 09, 2013, 05:38:29 PM #37 Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 05:43:55 PM by ds22
Fine, but don't start complaining when they do get messed up (and believe me, they will get messed up when using these outdated, unstable codes).
As for the DDD crash, it happens at random, like most of the glitches we warned you all about.

And while this is ASF1nk's thread, it involves codes made by one of our own members and tested by a bunch, so it does involve us as a whole, we do know what we're talking about (so don't insinuate that my warnings are mute just because you didn't get a freeze with DDD after fighting him like 10 times Albafika), and what we say is in fact on-topic.

Also as a general note, why do you think there hasn't been any significant update regarding the clone engine?
It's not because it was abandoned, I can tell you that much, so these warnings aren't some trivial thing that can be pushed aside as spam.

Quote from: ASF1nk on May 09, 2013, 07:13:05 AM
All I gotta say is, don't knock it 'till you try it.

As much as I want to believe in the good intentions of the people posting negative comments, if you notice who they are, they have another common interest in mind, and it's not the safety of your save files...


Ah... Conspiracy theories.

I think I know what you're getting at. P:M isn't liking this leak, yeah?


Heck, I tried it briefly... My game still works.

To anyone wanting to try it. Your best bet would be to back your stuff up. Then try it. JUST in case.

May 09, 2013, 05:47:37 PM #39 Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 05:49:47 PM by ds22
Except these codes were available on Dantarion's wiki since 2010, so there goes that theory.

Seriously, why is it so hard to believe that we want to warn people about these codes harming save files?

Quote from: ds22 on May 09, 2013, 05:47:37 PM
Except these codes were available on Dantarion's wiki since 2010, so there goes that theory.

Seriously, why is it so hard to believe that we want to warn people about these codes harming save files?
It might be because of P:M's secretive reputation.

People might be thinking this is some kinda cover up or something.

Considering the poster of the OP did add a remark about backing up save-states yesterday, I don't see what's the fuss about anymore.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

Quote from: Jaklub on May 09, 2013, 06:12:35 PM
Considering the poster of the OP did add a remark about backing up save-states yesterday, I don't see what's the fuss about anymore.
This. So, for the second time, back on topic.

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on May 09, 2013, 06:04:18 PM
It might be because of P:M's secretive reputation.

People might be thinking this is some kinda cover up or something.

A cover up works best when done through PM's, so yeah...

Quote from: Jaklub on May 09, 2013, 06:12:35 PM
Considering the poster of the OP did add a remark about backing up save-states yesterday, I don't see what's the fuss about anymore.
You'll be surprised at the amount of people who skim over such a (small) remark, especially here on KC-MM.

Quote from: Albafika on May 09, 2013, 06:20:31 PM
This. So, for the second time, back on topic.
It's still related to the codes in the OP, ergo it's on-topic.

can this work on dolphin using gecko? I think yes, right?