Cali Kingz Projects

Started by CaliKingz01, May 19, 2013, 05:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Hi to whom still comes to my Thread.  I Still Brawl Mod but I do NOT post here anymore. BUT to those who are still interested in my work I'm currently revamping Zero.  Who would you guys like to see next? Tag me in a post on Twitter. Im not hard to find.

Revamp Scorpion
4 (44.4%)
ProtoMan
1 (11.1%)
Crash Bandicoot
1 (11.1%)
Something Totally New.  ( Tweet Me )
1 (11.1%)
Revamp Goten and Trunks over Ice Climbers
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Quote from: Large Leader on February 19, 2016, 06:04:30 PM
They aren't even close. His animations were of the same quality of those made in 2013.
SMH Never! I can honestly say my animations are way better than 2013. I take that as an insult sir! lol jk. But really tho not 2013. I know for SURE I'm no Smash4 quality animator but a very decent animator. Im pushing myself everyday to do better. I remember there was a time I couldn't animate for the life of me. Couldn't even make a simple jab lol. But I still lack certain points of animating and that's why I still Brawl Mod. I'm teaching myself instead of someone actually teaching me. No one has offered help to teach me so its up to me if I really want to do this.



Quote from: Large Leader on February 19, 2016, 06:04:30 PM
They aren't even close. His animations were of the same quality of those made in 2013.

I have to say that what Cali just said in that last post is what this is all about. The effort. Cali is DEFINITELY not able to animate at Smash 4 quality. But he IS able to animate. He puts in effort.

You yourself certainly can't animate at that quality either, and no, no one said you could. You put in effort as well. Has your work improved? Maybe it has. It could certainly be better, that's for sure.

Trashing Cali about the quality of his animations, giving him "tough love"? Those do not make for improvement. It's kinda annoying and kinda rude. Instead, HELP him if you see things that need to be improved. ACTUALLY help. Show off whatever skill you say you have, and produce some cool content.

That aside I'm still excited for Bass and I can see nothing but good coming from future projects regardless of whatever standards are being implied.
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on April 07, 2015, 10:46:10 PM
so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

This is my last post about this in this thread.

Quote from: CaliKingz01 on February 19, 2016, 10:46:48 PM
Im pushing myself everyday to do better. I remember there was a time I couldn't animate for the life of me.

That's great, keep doing it.

QuoteI'm teaching myself instead of someone actually teaching me. No one has offered help to teach me so its up to me if I really want to do this.

No one taught me either. I didn't go to school or have a tutor to walk me through the principles of animation. I - as an autonomous human being - went out of my way to ask others for critique and to see where I could improve. People won't help you unless you show others that you're willing to improve and that you want their help.

Quote from: HypnotizeScourge on February 19, 2016, 11:46:46 PM
You yourself certainly can't animate at that quality either, and no, no one said you could. You put in effort as well. Has your work improved? Maybe it has. It could certainly be better, that's for sure.

I never compared his skills to mine. Nor is it part of this discussion, but I'll humor you. When KJP, HD88 and others critiqued my work, I took it and tried to improve my animations. I didn't say that "I would let others fix it because I don't want to". We had this discussion before but it was deleted because it went too far off topic.

Quote
Trashing Cali about the quality of his animations, giving him "tough love"? Those do not make for improvement. It's kinda annoying and kinda rude. Instead, HELP him if you see things that need to be improved. ACTUALLY help. Show off whatever skill you say you have, and produce some cool content.

I'm giving him "tough love" now because I've told him many times that he can improve and make better animations if he wants to. He's replied time and time again that he won't and that they're fine as is. If you've tried to animate, you know it's not something you can watch a video on and suddenly know. You need to ask for feedback about even the slightest thing. Just ask KJP how many times I've sent him messages to critique my work. For one animation, it took about 50 different iterations to fix a single problem.

Every time he's posted on here, he always waves away my comments on his animations or (even better) people bring my ability up as if it validates anything whatsoever. I know where I started, and I know how far I've come.

I'm sorry it hurts your feelings that much that I'm one of the few people that isn't praising him like the second messiah.

As I said at the beginning of the post, this is my last post on the matter. You can get one or two posts in per person about this, but afterwards I'll start deleting posts about this.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I think my animations would be better if i didnt use BrawlBox. Like I run into SOOOO many errors and BB makes me so Frustrated at times but it get the job done. I'm learning how to use blender or  Maya to animate. I would use 3ds max but idk if it uses .ani files



One of the old animation tutorials here shows how to import models into 3ds max, animate them, and send them back to bbox.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Large Leader on February 21, 2016, 12:42:16 AM
One of the old animation tutorials here shows how to import models into 3ds max, animate them, and send them back to bbox.
Got a link? I would really love to do that because animating in 3ds Max is 100x better than BB



http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=57367.0

It was in the tutorials section, second page.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

February 21, 2016, 09:35:42 PM #1447 Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 03:16:13 AM by CaliKingz01
Quote from: Large Leader on February 21, 2016, 06:47:43 PM
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=57367.0

It was in the tutorials section, second page.
Thank you :)

Post Merge: February 21, 2016, 09:38:30 PM

EXE Squad!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Post Merge: February 22, 2016, 03:16:13 AM

Just in case you haven't seen this Alternate Costume yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqZPT4c8udE&feature=youtu.be



Quote from: CaliKingz01 on February 21, 2016, 09:35:42 PM
Thank you :)

Post Merge: February 21, 2016, 09:38:30 PM

EXE Squad!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Post Merge: February 22, 2016, 03:16:13 AM

Just in case you haven't seen this Alternate Costume yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqZPT4c8udE&feature=youtu.be
ooooh.
retired

I think this one will be better than Blaseth's Bass which still isn't finished yet...

Currently Working On: 80s anime Mario pack (which uses clips from Yamcha, Seiya and the anime version of Mario from the Great Mission to rescue Princess Peach)

[censored] yeah it will . That bass isn't good to my opinion. It was basically a mini me version of ganondorf with a few animation changes.

Quote from: Sir Ethan on February 24, 2016, 08:20:50 PM
I think this one will be better than Blaseth's Bass which still isn't finished yet...
Blaseth's Bass would have been pretty good. I'm making a few things up as I go but his attacks are still Mega Man related.



I dunno what all you have planned for Bass's moveset, but can I make some suggestions?

Namely that you take some attacks from other sources in the Classic series? Like say, the kick attack he can do in the fighting game vs mode from Mega Man 7 for his Forward Air or U-Smash, for example?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen on February 25, 2016, 03:17:36 PM
I dunno what all you have planned for Bass's moveset, but can I make some suggestions?

Namely that you take some attacks from other sources in the Classic series? Like say, the kick attack he can do in the fighting game vs mode from Mega Man 7 for his Forward Air or U-Smash, for example?
I have that done for his up b. you will see it in action when I release a video.



does that mean it's gonna release tommorow or next week? Just curious since it sounds like it may! I hope no one gets offended