cBliss v1.5 [16?]

Started by ASF1nk, May 28, 2013, 10:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

16?

Si
Siiiiiiiii!
Quote from: Choppasmith on June 04, 2013, 07:03:44 PM
Sooo.... you're saying using cBliss 1.1 works? I'm a little confused by what you wrote.

I just tried the 4 Mario setup myself and I get a "loud" crash as the match ends. Tried it with both 3.5.3 and the included GCT with the standard FPC. Crashes both times. Even tried adding other files from the Brawl ISO like fitmariospy and fitmarioentry. Nothing.

EDIT: If you see this ASF1, using Gecko here.
EDIT 2: And yep, I do have your stgresult.pac in the stage/melee folder.


lol I have to be more clear

CBLISS 1.5 and 1.1 works , but using File Patch Code 3.5.1
CBLISS 1.5 and 1.1 Freezes , but using FIle Patch Code 3.5.3

In other words All CBLISS versions are compatible with FPC 3.5.1

and All CBLISS versions are NOT compatible ( freezes with certain characters and randomly ) with FPC 3.5.3

Quote from: Mochtroid127 on June 04, 2013, 08:35:39 PM
Not that it really matters much for everyone else, but I started over with just the basic Project M 2.5b and rebuilt my card from scratch. I don't know what I did different from the first time, but I've got it working pretty well now. Haven't tested everyone yet, but Fox and Capt. Falcon work flawlessly, so thanks ASF1nk for something awesome that I was worried would never make it into the game! (Had to make sure I at least got it working first. :D)


Not a bad idea ill try this. And im also using File patch version 3.5.1

When you're using 3.5.3, are all the needed pac/pcs files in both sets of folders?

Have you tried the 3.5.3 in an edited iso with all the needed stuff in it?
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

June 05, 2013, 12:48:16 AM #318 Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 12:49:12 AM by MrUnusual
Quote from: davey on June 04, 2013, 11:03:25 PM
i dont use dolphin i use my wii XD
I'll try to make make an easy patch for the wii too and I will test it out 1st with my wii. I use the dolphin over the wii because on the dolphin I can play in HD :P

June 05, 2013, 03:13:50 AM #319 Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 03:18:42 AM by Mr.MW

Quote from: shadowXtreme on June 04, 2013, 11:59:12 PM

lol I have to be more clear

CBLISS 1.5 and 1.1 works , but using File Patch Code 3.5.1
CBLISS 1.5 and 1.1 Freezes , but using FIle Patch Code 3.5.3

In other words All CBLISS versions are compatible with FPC 3.5.1

and All CBLISS versions are NOT compatible ( freezes with certain characters and randomly ) with FPC 3.5.3
Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on June 05, 2013, 12:36:36 AM
When you're using 3.5.3, are all the needed pac/pcs files in both sets of folders?

Have you tried the 3.5.3 in an edited iso with all the needed stuff in it?
^^this

Uh huh i started from scratch and now it works great.

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on June 05, 2013, 12:36:36 AM
When you're using 3.5.3, are all the needed pac/pcs files in both sets of folders?

Have you tried the 3.5.3 in an edited iso with all the needed stuff in it?

Yes, I had all the files in both folders. I don't think it's 3.5.3 related though since I tried using the standard 3.5.1 and the standard RSBE folder with the standard code. The only thing aside from a couple of SSS freezes is using 4 Marios (only the extra textures) and it freezes before getting to the Results screen.

Has anyone else tried loading 4 Marios and getting to the Results screen? Just wondering if it's just me and shadow?

If worse comes to worse, maybe I'll just try mochtroid's advice and start fresh, but I'd hate to scrap all the work I've done if I can avoid it.

After I finish working on my Bowser Spec Map. Maybe I'll make some cBliss recolors for TLink myself.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

I'm finishing up putting together a recolor pack for Ridley over Charizard with snoopy's imports of normal and Meta Ridley to look like his appearances in basically every Metroid he's been in. It may be annoying when it doesn't work, but when it does, hack editing just feels new and fresh again. :D

June 05, 2013, 05:45:13 AM #324 Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 06:27:39 AM by shadowXtreme
Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on June 05, 2013, 12:36:36 AM
When you're using 3.5.3, are all the needed pac/pcs files in both sets of folders?

Have you tried the 3.5.3 in an edited iso with all the needed stuff in it?

Answer to the first question:
my RSBE FOLDER wasnt filled with all the pac and pcs files, but I never used that folder to test CBLISS with FPC 3.5.3, I always used RSB4 folder, but this is not relevant anyway, because all the files that CBLISS needs to work are inside my Iso,
and.. the characters that I tested had 00-09 pac and pcs in RSB4 and RSBE folders

And to the second Question
Of course, I have the 00-09 pac and pcs of every character inside my iso,
and the 37 alternate stages are inside my iso, I did this because I wanted to save space in my SD x3

I really really tested CBLISS with FPC 3.5.3, and It beeped for me.. when I used especific charaters ( for example: 4 marios ALWAYS frezes, 4 diddys too , and 4 yoshis,but 3 marios and 1 yoshi  not always..)

CBLISS with FPC 3.5.1 just work flawless.. oh damn you gave me an idea... I will test FPC 3.5.3 without CBLISS, I will tell if It beeeps or not  -_-

EDIT.- You mean portraits, char_bust_ tex, selmap and selcharacter and stgresult.pac too?

Okay! Good news and bad news!

Good news is, I rebuilt the GCT from scratch with Notepad and Ocarina like ASF1 said. One with 3.5.3 and the other with 3.5.1. The 3.5.3 still crashed with 4 Marios, but the 3.5.1 didn't! Seems to work great now! I really would add to the OP that you MUST recreate your GCTs from scratch, since I know I'm not the first to have GCT problems.

The bad news. It still seems to crash (loud noise crash) at the end of a match with certain 4 Player matches. It froze during one match and I couldn't recreate it (seemed to work fine the next time I loaded the game) I played about 10 or so matches until I finally got another crash. This time I wrote down the characters I was using

fityoshi01 - Mars
fitkirby05 - Boo Bomb
fitdonkey04 - Funky model import
fitsnake06 - Hello Kitty Snake

Used these characters as I rebooted the game and I recreated the crash.

Is there a chance it has something to do with my common5.pac? It seems once I put the files for portaits and stock icons from the cBliss archive in info/portrite, menu2/sc_character.pac, etc the portraits I had in my common5.pac seem to be overridden by the ones from the cBliss pack. Is it safe to delete the old  sc_selcharacter and sc_selmap in my common5.pac (or maybe delete the common5 all together) and leave the ones from the cBliss pack? Because I have a hunch that having the two might be interefering with each other and that's what's causing my problems.

hey one player classic mode wont work with cbliss have you guys tested to see if it will or not? i always freeze on the second match...and yes my diddy kong and donkey kong are good files that work on verses mode... and the same for allstar mode... havnt tested adventure mode yet... but i imagine it's the same...

Quote from: shadowXtreme on June 05, 2013, 05:45:13 AM

EDIT.- You mean portraits, char_bust_ tex, selmap and selcharacter and stgresult.pac too?

Yeah, those too. If you get into the match and the stock icon isn't found, it will freeze. That's when most people are getting the freezes, when the character starts showing but the picture cannot be loaded.

Anyway, the 3.5.3 code only switches folders when you're in the CSS, doesn't it? I suppose the portrait would be loaded from the standard folder in most cases. Also, you said it only happens with certain characters. It would be most likely that the 3.5.3 code uses some part of the memory that's not good for mario and the others. It doesn't make much sense due to what the cBliss codes do, but looks like something like that is going on.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Legend of Jesse on June 05, 2013, 07:51:51 AM
hey one player classic mode wont work with cbliss have you guys tested to see if it will or not? i always freeze on the second match...and yes my diddy kong and donkey kong are good files that work on verses mode... and the same for allstar mode... havnt tested adventure mode yet... but i imagine it's the same...
That doesn't sound good...might have to try and confirm this later.

I've not used an expanded character in classic, but using a normal one did work for me. When a character team appeared, it spawned cBliss costumes together with the normal ones. I had a 10 different colored Sonics battle in GHZ.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial