cBliss v1.5 [16?]

Started by ASF1nk, May 28, 2013, 10:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

16?

Si
Siiiiiiiii!
So. Mewtwo. How do your codes function?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on June 07, 2013, 01:32:35 PM
Do you have a modified iso, or is everything in your sd?
Since I got a NTSC disc years ago, I don't use a modified iso. All hacks are on my SD card. Before I installed cBliss, I never had freezings. Now, somtimes my Wii freezes.
For example:
8bit Link vs. 8bit Mario vs. 8bit Kirby -> freezes, but in the next match it suddenly works.
Wario also made trouble somewhen, but in the next round he worked fine again.

Quote from: Syeo on June 07, 2013, 01:59:31 PM
Since I got a NTSC disc years ago, I don't use a modified iso. All hacks are on my SD card. Before I installed cBliss, I never had freezings. Now, somtimes my Wii freezes.
For example:
8bit Link vs. 8bit Mario vs. 8bit Kirby -> freezes, but in the next match it suddenly works.
Wario also made trouble somewhen, but in the next round he worked fine again.
Aren't the hacks that make the wii freezing?
8bit mario and link caused me troubles without cBliss...
Well, the codes are working, since it makes my wii freezing when I try to takee Luigi's 7th costume (didn't CSPs though...)
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Quote from: Segtendo on June 07, 2013, 01:58:14 PM
So. Mewtwo. How do your codes function?

Let's see, there's 3 locations in memory related to all this:

The first of them determines how many costumes will try to load the game when selected in the css. If a character has a csp that points to, let's say, costume 8, and that place in memory doesn't say 'this char uses costume 8', it will not freeze, but pick another costume, probably costume 0. That first place in memory is changed by the first of the codes, the same as ASF1nk's, only that leaves open the option of having extra costumes in slots that aren't used by characters. Personal reasons, doesn't really matter.

There's a second location in the memory that just says where in the memory are the infos about costumes and teams (that's the third location). The separation between them is just too narrow, so we cannot insert up to 10 costumes in the original places in memory. So, what ASF1nk did was to make every character to point to the place in memory where the Wario info was, and editing it so it had only 10 costumes. That way, every character, included Wario, would have 10 css slots. That changed the team color information for most characters, that's why 01 is always red, 02 is always green and 03 is always blue in cBliss. He changed it afterwards so a new place in memory had the original info for Wario, and changed the place in memory Wario got his data from, so every character got Wario's data decreased to 10 slots, and Wario got his new data from a new empty space.

So, I've changed it so every character uses its own information, more separated between them, so they can have 10 slots without pointing to Wario's memory. Wario's memory is kept the original, so the ProjectM changes will always take effect if the ProjectM codeset is used. The rest of info is in the same place in memory where the Wario info for cBliss 1.5 is, so any change to the original costumes won't work. ProjectM changes the teams for charizard, squirtle, and marth, and does it in their original memory places. So, I've made the second gct with those charizard, squirtle, and marth changes, nothing else is different. Also, the ProjectM codeset makes the separated pokemon to use their original memory offsets, so hex editing those changes the way I said in the other post will make the ProjectM set to load the extra costumes from the alternate place in memory.

So, basically, those 2 gcts are just cBliss, only that the extra costumes are always after the old ones, instead of having the same order as Wario for all of them. It's just personal preferences, I just prefer to keep the original order and teams, and have the extra slots as additional character slots.

Hope this answers your question, more or less  :-\

Quote from: Syeo on June 07, 2013, 01:59:31 PM
Since I got a NTSC disc years ago, I don't use a modified iso. All hacks are on my SD card. Before I installed cBliss, I never had freezings. Now, somtimes my Wii freezes.
For example:
8bit Link vs. 8bit Mario vs. 8bit Kirby -> freezes, but in the next match it suddenly works.
Wario also made trouble somewhen, but in the next round he worked fine again.

I don't know how the file patch codes work, but I'm assuming that the possibility of having a freeze when something isn't in the disc is bigger. Maybe in some cases in which the load has to be real quick, it cannot access all the files needed in the sd, tries to look for them in the disc, and crashes when they're not found.

So well, I'm not really sure, and people with modified iso's should tell their experience to see if this makes any sense. But it may be safer in order to avoid freezes to have everything set up inside an iso, and use that iso with an usb. A 8gb pendrive is cheap, and it's enough to get it working. The game will probably load faster, and you'll be free to have another disc put into your wii.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

I've used both Riivolution and a modified iso with wit, I used Mewtwo2000's batch to fill the empty costume slots with fitchar00s for the iso(in my case wbfs with --split), I get no freezes whatsoever.

Riivolution does however silent freeze at SSS pretty much at random times.
My guess is I should have all the files ready in the SD card, otherwise there's a chance it will lockup.

The only drawback with a modified iso seems to be the Custom Sound Engine will not work with the files already in the iso, only via 2GB or less SD card + FPC.
Sort of unnecessary limiting.

Great job Mewtwo.
Guess I gotta post my codes now. =P
Skype: ASF1nk



This is pretty friggin epic! Do you think you could look into making it more wifi conveinent?
Managing between Being in the US Army and other things. All is well so far.

FC:4256-5446-5169
PSA 2.35:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=29684
Competitive play Official thread:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=54433.msg1069108#msg1069108

Sorry its taking so long to post the wii version guys, been working with my dad the entire day from 7am-6pm in another city an hour away from where I live, been tiring, but I have off tomorrow, so I might do it then

Some friends came by and we played Smash. Well, we tried to play it because it freezes a lot more when using 2-4 players. I don't know why, it's strange.

Quote from: Syeo on June 07, 2013, 10:19:39 PM
Some friends came by and we played Smash. Well, we tried to play it because it freezes a lot more when using 2-4 players. I don't know why, it's strange.

you can do 2 things,
1.- modify your iso, add all CBLISS files to your iso,modifying your common5.pac too adding selmap and selcharacter files, add filler characters to the extra slots that cbliss gives
2.- Reformat your SD and install your desired extra costumes, (dont add again CBLISS files, they all will be on your ISO..

And thats it you are good to go, not freezeings anymore, even if you are using triple rasta code, on any of its folders loaded (RSBE, RSB2 RSB3). x),

The tiny files on the CBLISS pack could cause random freezes, so the best way to avoid freezings is modifying your iso.

It seems there are just too many random freezes with this for it to be human error. People that have everything set out properly are still getting crashes from nothing in particular including me then we can't reproduce the crash. I think the codes are buggy.

June 07, 2013, 10:56:56 PM #386 Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 10:57:54 PM by shadowXtreme
Quote from: AdfroMan on June 07, 2013, 10:54:52 PM
It seems there are just too many random freezes with this for it to be human error. People that have everything set out properly are still getting crashes from nothing in particular including me then we can't reproduce the crash. I think the codes are buggy.

not me, well, not me after modifying my iso

I use riivo. I only had one freeze and that was because I had forgotten to copy the riivo xml. I havn't had a crash since. I have been playing with 1, 2, 3, and 4 players and have done single player with the new slots. It is very likely human error.


Quote from: blazingflare on June 07, 2013, 11:42:05 PM
I use riivo. I only had one freeze and that was because I had forgotten to copy the riivo xml. I havn't had a crash since. I have been playing with 1, 2, 3, and 4 players and have done single player with the new slots. It is very likely human error.
When I play alone I just have a few freezings, everything is named correctly and there where it should be. Just then I played it with friends, but it crashed all the time. No beeeeep, just freezing, so it is loading something but can't find it.

Well, I've yet to have a freeze and I have had this working since yesterday.

Have you fellas tried getting everything named "00.pac" off the disc and into the SD? Waste of space yeah, but I did it -as a failsafe-, and so far I haven't gotten anything... So I dunno, give it a shot maybe? Doesn't hurt to try at least.

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.