cBliss v1.5 [16?]

Started by ASF1nk, May 28, 2013, 10:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

16?

Si
Siiiiiiiii!
I think I was last on this thread by at page 27 or something. Anyways, I just wanted to report that using M22k's modified codes, I was able to make a cbliss build with P:M 2.5b with absolutely zero issues.

I still recommend that the list of offsets shown with their respective characters be provided on the first page. It is much easier to get this working when you take out the offsets for characters you won't use.

July 06, 2013, 01:28:23 AM #571 Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 01:31:28 AM by thegeekguy
Quote from: Segtendo on July 06, 2013, 01:15:12 AM
Of course you can do it on a Wii console. I bet that's what most people are doing.
You need the Homebrew channel and the Gecko code app (minimum).

ok so im just stupid.  i have those, and i've been doing texture and stage hacks, but i'm not understanding these directions.  where do the 3 files go?  i download the group so it contains a .raw, .wad, and .elf.

Quote from: ASF1nk on July 05, 2013, 10:54:34 PM
Also using the Dark/Spy/Fake costume's can make Game&Watch have more than one .pac/.pcs.

Oh yeah, there's that. But it'd just load one color from the D/S/F pacs, wouldn't it?

Quote
Regarding more than 10 costumes, I'm leaning towards not doing them.
Because to properly do them without overlapping cosmetics I would  need to relocate half the roster's cosmetics.
That means I have to re-do ALL of that half a roster's cosmetics in the WHOLE game.
Not to mention although doable the filesize of those extra ~240 CSPs might be too much, and I want to leave room for potential extra slots.

Well, you could always decrease the quality of the lesser used textures like the Wifi-related buttons. Maybe remove the names on the Character mugshots, minimize unused textures...

And, like I said, you could try to make it so Dark slot loads the red ? CSP, Fake loads the blue ? CSP... y'know, like that, but for everyone. You'd save up on having to give CSPs to everyone AND they'd still serve the purpose of saying which is which.

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

yeah I already play without names on the css. I also use a file that removes all of the battle portraits. Both are quite unnecessary.

Quote from: ASF1nk on July 05, 2013, 10:54:34 PM
Regarding more than 10 costumes, I'm leaning towards not doing them.
Because to properly do them without overlapping cosmetics I would  need to relocate half the roster's cosmetics.
That means I have to re-do ALL of that half a roster's cosmetics in the WHOLE game.
Not to mention although doable the filesize of those extra ~240 CSPs might be too much, and I want to leave room for potential extra slots.
Yeah, that's a hell of a lot of work, and I don't know how much work you put into what you've already given us. I guess you could put it on the back burner and possibly touch on it here and there when you find yourself with nothing to do. Thanks again for cBliss, you are amazing!

Quote from: thegeekguy on July 06, 2013, 01:28:23 AM
ok so im just stupid. i have those, and i've been doing texture and stage hacks, but i'm not understanding these directions. where do the 3 files go? i download the group so it contains a .raw, .wad, and .elf.
This technically isn't the place for this question. I'm assuming the pack you're talking about is the cBliss + Melee/64 Expansion Pack. The download info says to ask the uploader for help if you need it. Would be a good idea to ask what exactly the WAD and RAW overwrite so you know what to backup before using it. And don't ask me for help either, I didn't use it.
With my desktop out of commission I am on hiatus until further notice.
But I'm still playing plenty of Hyrule Warriors & Smash 3DS!
NNID: WarioMANX | 3DS FC: 4596-9459-1042
(I'll accept any NNID add, but PM me your 3DS FC if you add my 3DS)
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.

I have a Small issue. with cBliss and all its character slots, im revamping my whooooole brawl right. and when i do Charazard, ivy and squirtle, the 00-09.pcs/pacs dont work. and i have the .finals in pokemon trainer included. sooooo wut am i doin wrong?

July 07, 2013, 01:23:29 AM #576 Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 01:35:08 AM by shadowXtreme
Quote from: GaryCXJk on July 03, 2013, 11:28:19 PM
Okay, I've got a modification that's only for the truly adventurous types of people, as this will use the addresses of Wario's new offset, keeping Wario's at its original place. Like the original author already stated, if these addresses are going to be overwritten at some point by another code, it could make cBliss not work at all, so be very sure none of the addresses are going to be overwritten, or just use the original, since if these addresses are going to be used, at least it would only be Wario who would be getting the boot.


Costume Color offset FIX [ASF1nk]
07200D34 00000060
00000501 03020103
08040205 02060007
03080109 0C000000
03000001 05020103
08040205 02060007
03080109 0C000000
01000001 03020503
08040205 02060007
03080109 0C000000
05000001 03020103
08040205 02060007
03080109 0C000000

This will store four sets of costume data.


All Roster has Costume Offset FIX. v2 [ASF1nk]
04455460 81200D34
04455470 81200D7C
04455480 81200D4C
04455490 81200D7C
044554A0 81200D7C
044554B0 81200D4C
044554C0 81200D7C
044554D0 81200D7C
044554E0 81200D7C
044554F0 81200D4C
04455500 81200D7C
04455510 81200D34
04455520 81200D4C
04455530 81200D7C
04455540 81200D7C
04455550 81200D7C
04455560 81200D7C
04455570 81200D7C
04455580 81200D7C
04455590 81200D7C
044555A0 81200D7C
044555B0 80455334
044555C0 81200D7C
044555D0 81200D7C
044555E0 81200D7C
044555F0 81200D7C
04455600 81200D34
04455610 81200D7C
04455620 81200D7C
04455630 81200D7C
04455640 81200D7C
04455650 81200D34
04455660 81200D64
04455670 81200D7C
04455680 81200D34
04455690 81200D7C
044556A0 81200D4C
044556B0 81200D7C
044556C0 81200D7C
044556D0 81200D64

This will write the new offsets to the costume data.

What it does is simple. It uses the original set of data described in the original code, meaning, FitChar01 is red, FitChar02 is green and FitChar03 is blue.

However, in the cases where the main color, as in, FitChar00, is any of the team colors, it would pick that instead, in Mario's case, his primary costume would be the red team costume.

Again, it's not advisable to use this code if you're not sure any of the codes will write to this location.

Also, I'm going to do some more tests, to see if I can extend this any further.

Anyway, I tested it, and it does work with at least Mario.

EDIT: If you're going to use Alternative Stage Loader, don't use this.

If this modiffication kills alternative stage loader,. I dont need this then -_-

Post Merge: July 07, 2013, 01:35:07 AM

Quote from: shadowXtreme on July 07, 2013, 01:23:29 AM
If this modiffication kills alternative stage loader,. I dont need this then -_-

EDIT: how can I add more texture slots in just SOME characters? :P

for the peach entry files do you just place them in the fighter folder?

Quote from: lakerfan1486 on July 07, 2013, 11:45:15 PM
for the peach entry files do you just place them in the fighter folder?
In the "peach" folder.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Does Wario need slots filled if he already has 12 defaults?

I got P:M to work with cbliss, but I am having trouble getting a build with brawl- working. What is the difference between a silent and noisy freeze upon selecting a stage? and what is the problem if the stage loads but the game freezes during the first character's entry?

ok, i tried so many things, but nothing worked.
the file patch code don't want to replace my CSS or SSS!  :-\

It still replaces the character images during a battle and in the result screen!
What am i doing wrong?
i tested the sc_selcaracter.pac with _de, with _en and with nothing behind, but nothing is working!
I think i'm going to explode!  :-X

"the file patch code don't want to replace my css or sss"

reword that please.

What version of brawl are you using? Do you have a common5.pac in the system folder as well as the one you mentioned in the menu2 folder?

July 08, 2013, 12:36:24 PM #582 Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 01:14:07 PM by Zekrom101
Quote from: Szasz on July 08, 2013, 07:05:01 AM
"the file patch code don't want to replace my css or sss"

reword that please.

What version of brawl are you using? Do you have a common5.pac in the system folder as well as the one you mentioned in the menu2 folder?
common5.pac is in system folder
and
sc_selcharacter.pac and sc_selmap.pac are in menu2

so i don't know why it doesn't replace the CSS and SSS

EDIT: if i'm trying sc_selcharacter.pac without _de or _en it freezes
but all other files are still replaced

Does anyone have the CSP and such ready for PAL?

Common5.pac takes priority over sc_selchar and sc_selmap.
Either delete the Common5.pac or replace the sc_selchar and sc_selmap inside the common5.pac.
Skype: ASF1nk