iwantgames Projects: Iwantgames Returns

Started by iwantgames, May 29, 2013, 07:32:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ahh... A new SkyLink model... Looking forward to see it.
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

thanks, unfortunately I didn't get to finish him today. there are a lot of objects to navigate through, tons of materials and shaders to make, and I kinda forgot to do the recolors. I went ahead and did a few of those tonight, can see those if you click the pic below (it's a thumbnail)

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

Thanks, I'll try the experssions thing out and as for the Link, looking good. The render has too much of a harsh light though. Looks as if he is on stage.


That Link is looking mighty damn good there. Rig looks pretty much flawless.

December 17, 2014, 03:16:58 AM #559 Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 03:19:39 AM by iwantgames
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on December 16, 2014, 08:45:19 PM
That Link is looking mighty damn good there. Rig looks pretty much flawless.
thanks

Quote from: ShadowLuigi~NG~ on December 16, 2014, 08:32:05 PM
Thanks, I'll try the experssions thing out and as for the Link, looking good. The render has too much of a harsh light though. Looks as if he is on stage.
thanks for the feedback, still working on trying to render with max.

Edit: hero link has new hair thanks to taiko. skyloft link will also recieve new hair.

here are his costumes minus dark link, dark link is too much texturing for me so I just did a black tunic link for now: http://imgur.com/a/mIzf4#0

I just asked taiko if he would do dark link so he will be done soon

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

forgot to post here about getting and import hyrule warriors link





just gotta add a few more verts to the scarf so that it can be properly rigged and UVd.

adding the faces for expressions increases the poly count back to a ridiculous number. when you set them up the number drops back down, hopefully this won't cause a problem for him.

also, I will be using link's brawl eyes so that I can easily port over the shader and materials.

skyward sword hero link will be put off for awhile longer, plan to use the hyrule warrior DLC one instead. all that's needed is a fixed hat, may use the default hyrule warriors link hat and re-UV it if the cloth fix thing isn't released by the time I get to him.

skyloft link will be released as normal, current having material problems. i will make a hyrule warriors DLC version for him, to go with the hero version

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

Quote from: iwantgames on December 31, 2014, 12:09:45 AM
forgot to post here about getting and import hyrule warriors link





just gotta add a few more verts to the scarf so that it can be properly rigged and UVd.

adding the faces for expressions increases the poly count back to a ridiculous number. when you set them up the number drops back down, hopefully this won't cause a problem for him.

also, I will be using link's brawl eyes so that I can easily port over the shader and materials.

skyward sword hero link will be put off for awhile longer, plan to use the hyrule warrior DLC one instead. all that's needed is a fixed hat, may use the default hyrule warriors link hat and re-UV it if the cloth fix thing isn't released by the time I get to him.

skyloft link will be released as normal, current having material problems. i will make a hyrule warriors DLC version for him, to go with the hero version

Shut Up and Take My money.

do you have the soldier-ish costume of link too? the white one with the royal crest on it... i think it's a training suit or something

yes, I plan to do all of the links costumes. the DLC will take some time to do, due to the broken cloth. trainer will be the next one I do because it will reuse parts of the current link I am working on. all that I will have to do is optimize the body and the weapons

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

Quote from: iwantgames on December 31, 2014, 06:08:49 PM
yes, I plan to do all of the links costumes. the DLC will take some time to do, due to the broken cloth. trainer will be the next one I do because it will reuse parts of the current link I am working on. all that I will have to do is optimize the body and the weapons

Awesome. Did you know the Ocarina of Time costumes shared the same model as the 3ds one despite the hands and face?

January 03, 2015, 02:31:26 AM #565 Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 02:33:07 AM by iwantgames
Quote from: ManikDX on January 01, 2015, 01:50:54 AM
Awesome. Did you know the Ocarina of Time costumes shared the same model as the 3ds one despite the hands and face?
yes, Twilight DLC used the twilight models and Skyward Sword DLC used the skyward sword models.

also, for some reason the optimization I did seems to disappear when exporting the dae so hyrule warrior link will take a bit longer to finish. poly count went from 20k back to 34k, this is with expressions added. the good news is that the rig is almost done, eyes work, and the expressions are made. here are some gifs:





Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

Quote from: iwantgames on January 03, 2015, 02:31:26 AM
yes, Twilight DLC used the twilight models and Skyward Sword DLC used the skyward sword models.

also, for some reason the optimization I did seems to disappear when exporting the dae so hyrule warrior link will take a bit longer to finish. poly count went from 20k back to 34k, this is with expressions added. the good news is that the rig is almost done, eyes work, and the expressions are made. here are some gifs:





So, The scarf is rigged right?

nope, that's one of the reasons why the rig is almost done. gonna partially rig it to hat

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

Quote from: iwantgames on January 03, 2015, 03:05:44 AM
nope, that's one of the reasons why the rig is almost done. gonna partially rig it to hat

Exactly what I was going to ask.

I'm assuming that it'll be mostly rigged to the bust and slight hat influence (idk, something like 0.9 to bust and 0.1 hat influence).


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

January 03, 2015, 04:36:35 AM #569 Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 06:26:35 AM by iwantgames
yup

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

don't mind the rig and visibility bone. I stopped working on the rig and focused on getting him to work in game, was having tons of crashes. he has expressions, moving eyes, and fs eyes. I haven't tried metal yet, will try to add spec, and will try to resize textures a bit larger. I reduced all textures by half because of the crashes I had, not sure if it can support higher atm. also he doesn't seem to lag, but only one was tested. so more than one could lag. pics are of expressions and moving eyes: talk, blink, and hurt (eyes sticks out on hurt, will fix).





Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames