iwantgames Projects: Iwantgames Returns

Started by iwantgames, May 29, 2013, 07:32:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: iwantgames on January 19, 2015, 03:47:56 AM
ok, gotcha

since they are optimize I guess I will use the HW master sword and hylian shield for all costumes but the trainee. that one will use the first sword and shield, just gotta optimize them. then eventually I will optimize the other weapons and add those too.

yesterday I started the rig for all costumes, planned to have them done today but I was out until now. have progress gifs below. also, since it looks like postman link is gonna win, I will go ahead and start him tonight and edit everything else tomorrow.

here are the progress gifs of trainee link and the OoT, SS, and TP DLC costumes

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.




Nicely done bro. Question, Do you have an estimated release date for this pack?


Quote from: Chaos_Knight on January 19, 2015, 05:07:48 AM
You should include an alt version of TP Link with his Brawl textures.
that would require a lot of UVing. i might do it later after importing a few more characters and doing some of my other projects.

Quote from: ManikDX on January 19, 2015, 10:07:57 AM

Nicely done bro. Question, Do you have an estimated release date for this pack?
no, but I am working as quickly as possible.

here's all that's left to do:

import & optimize first sword and shield
fix skirt rig for all costumes but OoT
sleeves/arm fixes for all (I forgot to separate them on the models to make rigging it easier)
correct knee placement for a few costumes

also, postman link will be delayed. I forgot about him not having sleeves, which will make his arms twist in a few animations. so, i may add some sleeves for him. if you guys don't like that then I will try to split his arms into two parts, which will make it kinda disconnect.

this is also why skyloft link is on hold, don't like the twist and even though separating the arm into 2 makes it look way better than the twisting there is a slight disconnection.

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

Quote from: iwantgames on January 19, 2015, 11:40:55 PM
that would require a lot of UVing. i might do it later after importing a few more characters and doing some of my other projects.
no, but I am working as quickly as possible.

here's all that's left to do:

import & optimize first sword and shield
fix skirt rig for all costumes but OoT
sleeves/arm fixes for all (I forgot to separate them on the models to make rigging it easier)
correct knee placement for a few costumes

also, postman link will be delayed. I forgot about him not having sleeves, which will make his arms twist in a few animations. so, i may add some sleeves for him. if you guys don't like that then I will try to split his arms into two parts, which will make it kinda disconnect.

this is also why skyloft link is on hold, don't like the twist and even though separating the arm into 2 makes it look way better than the twisting there is a slight disconnection.

I think you should do a custom Hyrule Warriors Skyloft Link. Basically a headswap.

for sword and shile i suggest using brawl's, since they are probably a lot lower in poly count compared to the HW ones...

Quote from: ManikDX on January 20, 2015, 06:16:44 AM
I think you should do a custom Hyrule Warriors Skyloft Link. Basically a headswap.
yeah, I said I was gonna do that on the last page or the page before that one. the only reason why I might release the actual SS one is because my current one on the vault has twisty arms. the one I am doing now would kinda fix that and add expressions.

HW skyloft link will requires Uving, texture edits, and arm fix like postman, so he will be done with postman

Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on January 20, 2015, 11:00:00 AM
for sword and shile i suggest using brawl's, since they are probably a lot lower in poly count compared to the HW ones...
I am still trying to do a lag test on hero link. If it lags then I could trade the sword and shield in and re-UV it to the HW textures, if it doesn't lag then I can keep the more detailed better looking HW stuff.

also, OoT link is finished. working on SS now and then TP will be next.

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

my point is, if you're using master sword and hylian shield, for lag sake (4 player matches) you should just use the brawl ones, since:
1: they are brawl styled (DUH!)
2: they are properly optimized
3: people wont notice the difference, and you could even adapt HW textures to the brawl model, or brawl's UVs to HW's textures...

I know about all that, i'm just saying that if it doesn't lag then i won't have to do it. it wouldn't make since to do that if it's fine as it is now, will just create more work. i'm kinda lazy and want to do as minimum work as possible

if it does lag then i will replace the stuff.

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

Quote from: iwantgames on January 20, 2015, 06:47:19 PM
yeah, I said I was gonna do that on the last page or the page before that one. the only reason why I might release the actual SS one is because my current one on the vault has twisty arms. the one I am doing now would kinda fix that and add expressions.

HW skyloft link will requires Uving, texture edits, and arm fix like postman, so he will be done with postman
I am still trying to do a lag test on hero link. If it lags then I could trade the sword and shield in and re-UV it to the HW textures, if it doesn't lag then I can keep the more detailed better looking HW stuff.

also, OoT link is finished. working on SS now and then TP will be next.

The Hero of Time is finished?! Dude sweet! I can't wait for his release. I actually started working on some recolors with him. Also made Texture edit to make his textures look more realistic-ish like in Smash 4.

really nice :)

thank you very much for working on my request kokoro :)

Just wondering but ummm.... Did Iwantgames or anyone here made a Dark Samus [Project M 3.5] CSP of Iwantgames' Samus?

January 28, 2015, 04:33:18 AM #596 Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 04:34:52 AM by iwantgames
not sure if you are talking about dark samus or the dark suit. so, all CSPs for the costumes are in the CSP folders. if the costume doesn't exist then the CSP doesn't exist.

also MAJOR Thanks to DSX8 for getting it



doing homework today so I only did the fixing, separating, and resizing for him. could only afford to spend a few minutes. hat is the same as hero link so I will be using that one since it's already optimized, just needs to be re-UV to fierce deity texture.

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

The detail is superb. Looks fantastic.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: iwantgames on January 28, 2015, 04:33:18 AM
not sure if you are talking about dark samus or the dark suit. so, all CSPs for the costumes are in the CSP folders. if the costume doesn't exist then the CSP doesn't exist.

also MAJOR Thanks to DSX8 for getting it



doing homework today so I only did the fixing, separating, and resizing for him. could only afford to spend a few minutes. hat is the same as hero link so I will be using that one since it's already optimized, just needs to be re-UV to fierce deity texture.
Question, why not use Ocarina of Time Link's hat?

they actually used hero link's hat for the model. the UV is the exact same, it's just placed in a different spot on the textures.

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames