The Official cBliss Character Recolors Project

Started by Blazingflare, May 29, 2013, 08:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

May 29, 2013, 08:51:34 PM Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 10:42:44 PM by blazingflare


What is cBliss?
cBliss is an awsome hack released by the amazing ASF1nk. What it does is add extra costume slots to all of the characters in brawl so that they have 10 usable slots instead of the 4 to 6 that they had before.
You can find the origonal thread Here


Why make this thread?
The purpose of this thread is to provide recolors as well as CSPs, BPs, etc for all of the characters in brawl to fill up all of the extra slots added by cBliss. For most characters, that is only 4, while for others, like Pikachu, it is 6. My intention is to eventually have extra Brawl styled recolors for all characters available for download so people can have them as filler until they can replace them with their own hacks. As well as an all-in-one download for those that don't like heavily customized characters or want a base so they can add mods as they desire instead of being required to grab a bunch of new costumes at once before they can play.


Notable differences
As part of this pack, each character is going to have their red, green, and blue, team color slot replaced with Mars, Minty, and Maritime colors respectively. They will also have slot 09 filled with a dark/anti version of that character or an alternate form. Feel free to give me ideas for the dark versions. Slot 08 will be a grey/old/white version of the character. Zelda, Sheik, and ganon will have their grey slot moved for this.
While this is still undecided, some characters may have 5 regular costumes and 5 alt ones, similar to what Wario uses. If you are going to suggest an alt costume for a character, Make sure that it is wifi safe.


Guidelines for recolors.
The recolors should be Brawl styled and fit alongside the original costumes. This includes regular recolors(Obviously!) as well as others like a Dark Bowser colored Bowser, Rosalina Peach, etc.
For Pikachu and Jigglypuff, they will need a hat or accessory for their recolors.
For Kirby, each recolor needs to include the costume specific Kirby hats for DK, Falco, Jigglypuff, Olimar, and Snake.
Pokemon Trainer and his Pokemon need recolors that fit them as a group(Like shiny versions) as well as for their Final Smash. Transforming characters need a similer treatment, minus the Final Smash part.
Each character needs a grey/old version for their 08 slot as well as a dark/anti/alt costume for the 09 slot.

I would prefer it if vertexted and model imported characters are not included, but I am willing to be lenient. My thoughts behind this is for it to be simple and look like it came from vBrawl.
I would also like to finish the regular characters first, but if you would like to submit the recolors for your custom characters, you may as long as you provide enough to fill all 10 slots.



Filler Characters
Since it will be awhile before I finish setting up recolors for all of the new slots, I made up some quick simple filler costumes for you to use until then. So now you will be able to play cBliss without worrying of accidently choosing an empty slot.
Download them here!



Characters
Note. Sections in Red do not have any recolors posted for them yet. If you want to make one, I encourage you to do so.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitMario02 (green team)
Minty Colored

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitMario03 (blue team)
Maritime Colored

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitMario04
Default


FitMario05
Default


FitMario06
Default


FitMario07
Waluigi Colored

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitMario08
Old Mario

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitMario09
Dr. Mario - By Mewtwo2000, KTH, and mariodk

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.





Luigi
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitLuigi02 (green team)
Minty Colored

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitLuigi03 (blue team)
Maritime Colored

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitLuigi04
Default


FitLuigi05
Default


FitLuigi06
Default


FitLuigi07
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitLuigi08
Overexposed Luigi

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitLuigi09
Mr. L - By StarWaffle & Nanobuds

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.





Peach
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitPeach02 (green team)
Minty Colored

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitPeach03 (blue team)
Maritime Colored

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitPeach04
Goth Peach

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



FitPeach05
Default


FitPeach06
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitPeach07
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitPeach08
Grey - Courtasy of SSBBFREAK18

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitPeach09
Rosalina - By Julz

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.




Bowser
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitKoopa02 (green team)
Minty Colored

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitKoopa03 (blue team)
Maritime Colored

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitKoopa04
Default


FitKoopa05
Default


FitKoopa06
Default


FitKoopa07
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitKoopa08
Old Bowser

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitKoopa09
Dark Bowser - Courtasy of StupidMarioFan1

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.




Wario
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitWario02 (green team)
Minty Colored

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitWario03 (blue team)
Maritime Colored

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitWario04
Default


FitWario05
Default


FitWario06
Default


FitWario07
Default


FitWario08
Default


FitWario09
Default


FitWario10
Default


FitWario11
Default




Yoshi
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitYoshi02
Minty Yoshi

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitYoshi03
Maritime Colored

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitYoshi04
Default


FitYoshi05
Default


FitYoshi06
Default


FitYoshi07
Black Yoshi

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitYoshi08
White Yoshi

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitYoshi09
Boshi

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.




Donkey Kong
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitDonkey02 (green team)
Minty Colored

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitDonkey03 (blue team)
Maritime Colored

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitDonkey04
Default


FitDonkey05
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitDonkey06
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitDonkey07
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitDonkey08
Super Kong - KTH

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitDonkey09
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.




Diddy Kong
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitDiddy02 (green team)
Minty Colored

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitDiddy03 (blue team)
Maritime Colored

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitDiddy04
Default


FitDiddy05
Default


FitDiddy06
Default


FitDiddy07
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitDiddy08
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitDiddy09
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.




Link
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitLink02 (green team)
Minty Link

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Fit03 (blue team)
Maritime Colored

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Fitlink04
Brown Link - Courtasy of DarkDeity

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Fitlink05
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Fitlink06
Default


FitLink07
Purple Link

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitLink08
White Link - Formerly FitLink05

FitLink09
Dark Link - Formerly FitLink04



Toon Link
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitToonLink02 (green team)
Minty Colored

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitToonLink03 (blue team)
Maritime Colored

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.




Zelda/Sheik
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitSheik01 (red team)
Mars Colored

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Zelda02/Sheik02 (green team)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitSheik02 (green team)
Minty Colored

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Zelda03/Sheik03 (blue team)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitSheik03 (blue team)
Maritime Colored

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.




Gannon
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Fox
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Falco
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Wolf
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Kirby
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Meta Knight
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



King Dedede
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Ness
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.




Lucas
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Pit
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Ike
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Marth
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Captain Falcon
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitCaptain02(green team)
Minty colored

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitCaptain03(blue team)
Maritime colored

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FitCaptain08
White n' Gold Falcon

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.




Pokemon Trainer + Pokemon
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Pikachu
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Lucario
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Jigglypuff
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Ice Climbers
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Captain Olimar
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



R.O.B.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Game & Watch
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Snake
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Sonic
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.





Custom Characters
If you have recolors for one of your custom characters (ex: Cloud, Sephiroth, Scott Pilgrim etc.) that you want to share I will put them in here.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions, please post below  :)
I could really use some suggestions for recolors.



May 29, 2013, 09:57:52 PM #1 Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 09:58:49 PM by ShinF
It seems easy enough since we're just recoloring textures. I think the slightly tricky part is going to be the recolors for characters who used their default color for the red/blue/green team color. I think whatever recolor replaces them (since the teams no longer use the default color) is going to have to be MORE red or blue or green than the original. In cases like Luigi or Link, that's saying something.

In any case, I'll be glad to do a few.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

May 29, 2013, 10:04:56 PM #2 Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 10:50:21 PM by blazingflare
Quote from: ShinF on May 29, 2013, 09:57:52 PM
It seems easy enough since we're just recoloring textures. I think the slightly tricky part is going to be the recolors for characters who used their default color for the red/blue/green team color. I think whatever recolor replaces them (since the teams no longer use the default color) is going to have to be MORE red or blue or green than the original. In cases like Luigi or Link, that's saying something.

In any case, I'll be glad to do a few.
Thank you kindly. For the characters like Link, we could just move the default color to those slots.


Quote from: blazingflare on May 29, 2013, 10:04:56 PM
Thank you kindly. For the characters like Link, we could just move the default color to those slots

Of course. That's true, and I thought of that, but - and this is just me, personally - it would kind of irk me if I had to scroll through to get to the default costume, even if it is only 02.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: ShinF on May 29, 2013, 10:30:34 PM
Of course. That's true, and I thought of that, but - and this is just me, personally - it would kind of irk me if I had to scroll through to get to the default costume, even if it is only 02.
True. But we will need to come up with something. Also, for the pikachu recolors. I am going through the vault to find fitting costumes and getting the permission of the creators.


idea:
dark team. just make a recolor of all characters in dark link's dark style :P

it would also be cool to have one slot be N64 model, a lot of the characters have one already on the vault...

another option would be melee

and then you can add the mars/maritime/minty textures, idk...

xD

May 29, 2013, 11:15:16 PM #6 Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 11:25:46 PM by blazingflare
Quote from: fake_jokekid on May 29, 2013, 11:06:09 PM
idea:
dark team. just make a recolor of all characters in dark link's dark style :P

it would also be cool to have one slot be N64 model, a lot of the characters have one already on the vault...

another option would be melee

and then you can add the mars/maritime/minty textures, idk...

xD
I am looking for recolors that look like they go with brawl so I likely wouldn't use n64 or melee costumes for this unless I get a lot of people wanting it. But the Mars, Maritime, and Minty versions would work well being simple recolors. Especially Minty for characters like Link who need a costume for the green team slot that is green but still different from their standard slot.


how about brawl-styled alt models, link could use his TP armors for example...
toon link could have outset link...
mario crew could have strikers and sport outfits...

Quote from: fake_jokekid on May 29, 2013, 11:24:22 PM
how about brawl-styled alt models, link could use his TP armors for example...
toon link could have outset link...
mario crew could have strikers and sport outfits...
I was thinking that as well. However it would really depend on the hack.
I may end up having an extra section for each character where the extra model swaps are.

And speaking of strikers characters, I am actually porting some of them. I have Luigi all rigged up, but he lacks normals, shaders, shiny materials, rigged fingers, and expressions. As well as bowser, who lacks the shaders, shiny materials, and expressions.
Luigi just kept on giving me errors so I put him into the request board for someone to help me with him. And I simply haven't finished Bowser yet.


If we do alts for some characters, could my Dark Bowser be one? It would feel even more like he was originally in Brawl. :)
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

May 30, 2013, 12:05:46 AM #10 Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 12:06:40 AM by Choppasmith
Quote from: fake_jokekid on May 29, 2013, 11:24:22 PM
how about brawl-styled alt models, link could use his TP armors for example...
toon link could have outset link...
mario crew could have strikers and sport outfits...

Even though I'm working out on filling up my own this is the mindset I like to try and use the above mindset when picking textures (with a few random model imports thrown in for kicks) because I like to think I'm doing what should've been done with more than just Wario (and hopefully will be done with Smash 4) proper alt "costumes" and not just alt colors

Anyway, if you're looking for recolors, here's a few suggestions for you

SMB3 Bowser by lensho: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=5299
Dark Bowser by Lensho http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=3189
NES Bowser on Smashstack http://stacksmash.kontek.net/STUFFZ/Characters/Bowser/NesBowser.rar (basically a recolor representing the original sprite with bright green and grey)

I'd say for Link, maybe have the fit02 be Skyward, with the default still being TP based?

For Zelda:

Gerudo Princess: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=2812
Puppet Zelda by Julz: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=3461
or you can get the more bluish looking "pair" by Dragonrage here and here

I'll post more later.

May 30, 2013, 12:24:32 AM #11 Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 12:35:30 AM by blazingflare
Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on May 29, 2013, 11:51:46 PM
If we do alts for some characters, could my Dark Bowser be one? It would feel even more like he was originally in Brawl. :)
I intended to use him from the begining lol ;D. You just saved me the time of having to PM you for permission.
I think I will use the non vertexed one though. It looks better IMO and it would fit with the other recolors.



Quote from: Choppasmith on May 30, 2013, 12:05:46 AM
Even though I'm working out on filling up my own this is the mindset I like to try and use the above mindset when picking textures (with a few random model imports thrown in for kicks) because I like to think I'm doing what should've been done with more than just Wario (and hopefully will be done with Smash 4) proper alt "costumes" and not just alt colors

Anyway, if you're looking for recolors, here's a few suggestions for you

SMB3 Bowser by lensho: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=5299
Dark Bowser by Lensho http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=3189
NES Bowser on Smashstack http://stacksmash.kontek.net/STUFFZ/Characters/Bowser/NesBowser.rar (basically a recolor representing the original sprite with bright green and grey)

I'd say for Link, maybe have the fit02 be Skyward, with the default still being TP based?

For Zelda:

Gerudo Princess: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=2812
Puppet Zelda by Julz: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=3461
or you can get the more bluish looking "pair" by Dragonrage here and here

I'll post more later.
I like the SMB 3 bowser and I just got permission to use mariofan's dark bowser. I also like the zeldas you linked.
Keep in mind though, that I want to keep this pack composed of simple recolors rather than texture hacks that make the character look way different.


why not make fox and falco have there assault constumes? mabye just the textures dont have to be models, idk just an idea. mabye use false character (SSE).

anyway my main reason for posting is to subscribe :P

cannot wait to see this finished, good luck
QuoteSSJ - The guy that can, but won't.

I suggest usage of the UTCP for all team colors. It evades the problem of needing more "green/red/blue" colors for default team users by giving each team color a theme.

I'm on my phone so I've got no links for you at the moment.

Minty Link is from the UTCP and Mars/Maritime/Minty are almost done for the entire cast any way.

This also let's you bump brawl team colors to other slots as "filler" for a working pack.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Quote from: Shun_One on May 30, 2013, 12:38:44 AM
I suggest usage of the UTCP for all team colors. It evades the problem of needing more "green/red/blue" colors for default team users by giving each team color a theme.

I'm on my phone so I've got no links for you at the moment.

Minty Link is from the UTCP and Mars/Maritime/Minty are almost done for the entire cast any way.

This also let's you bump brawl team colors to other slots as "filler" for a working pack.

UTCP? I don't know what that is. Could you explain it?
I do like the idea to change the team colors to something else.

Quote from: -SSJ- on May 30, 2013, 12:30:33 AM
why not make fox and falco have there assault constumes? mabye just the textures dont have to be models, idk just an idea. mabye use false character (SSE).

anyway my main reason for posting is to subscribe :P

cannot wait to see this finished, good luck
It would all depend on the model and texture. If it were to blend with the original models well, then it would be a viable option to me.