The Official cBliss Character Recolors Project

Started by Blazingflare, May 29, 2013, 08:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I'll definitely try to make some recolors if I have time~

I'm going to nominate Apple's Black and White R.o.b. texture.

The melee Ganon's seem like an obvious choice now that they don't have any renamed bones.

I'm kind've iffy on the unified team colours though. The default team colours may not be consistant, but they aren't random; rather they reference the character's specific series (blue bowser/white C.Falcon).

Quote from: Szasz on May 31, 2013, 05:36:17 AM
I'm going to nominate Apple's Black and White R.o.b. texture.

The melee Ganon's seem like an obvious choice now that they don't have any renamed bones.

I'm kind've iffy on the unified team colours though. The default team colours may not be consistant, but they aren't random; rather they reference the character's specific series (blue bowser/white C.Falcon).
Could you give me a link to it? I have a lot on my plate making all the textures for this pack and could do without having to search through the vault.

The reason for the unified team colors wasn't to simply replace all of them for hell's sake. It was because a lot of characters needed to have that slot filled because of this hack. EX: Link needed a green team slot. It was also to take care of a lot of the bland team color textures that don't really stand out much.


What tends to bug me is how Donkey Kong can get away with having different hair colors (even going as far as having green hair), and yet the Pokemon themselves can't have that similar treatment.

Quote from: mnsg on May 31, 2013, 12:14:53 PM
What tends to bug me is how Donkey Kong can get away with having different hair colors (even going as far as having green hair), and yet the Pokemon themselves can't have that similar treatment.
That can be easily remedied. If you want to make more diverse colors for them then do so. I will add them. Just don't do colors for the team colors, I am already replacing them with Mars/Minty/Maritime recolors.


i was thinking for toon link you could as his outset island costume but mabye brawl style it

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=26056

or just simply one with not hat
QuoteSSJ - The guy that can, but won't.


Quote from: -SSJ- on May 31, 2013, 01:46:15 PM
i was thinking for toon link you could as his outset island costume but mabye brawl style it

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=26056

or just simply one with not hat

Already ahead of you.

Quote from: spriter99 on May 31, 2013, 02:46:40 PM
Could i be of assistance?
Yes you may. I need recolors for all of the slots in the OP that are still red. Minus Link and Toon Link, I just havn't updated theirs yet.


My idea/nomination for FitCaptain09:
Blood Falcon by Jockey and Gamma Ridley
<- I Support MM8BDM!

May 31, 2013, 03:48:48 PM #84 Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 03:50:26 PM by rax189
Great Hack blazingflare, but I think it would look better If ALL textures (Except original) Were black with numbers...  And are  the textures the same color as the number?

May 31, 2013, 04:26:11 PM #85 Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 10:23:37 PM by blazingflare
Quote from: GameAndWatcher on May 31, 2013, 03:48:37 PM
My idea/nomination for FitCaptain09:
Blood Falcon by Jockey and Gamma Ridley
I already planned on using that. But thanks anyways.

Quote from: rax189 on May 31, 2013, 03:48:48 PM
Great Hack blazingflare, but I think it would look better If ALL textures (Except original) Were black with numbers...  And are  the textures the same color as the number?

I could make up one of those. It would take a bit and would be a second priority. But it wouldn't be too hard.
Edit:
I have given it more though and decided to do just that. So at least there is something until I can finish this project. Still, Keep the suggestions coming, I will just put them on my back order.


Apple's download doesn't have its own url. This is a link to his page:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=32255&Moderated=All#ByUserID=19771&Moderated=All&Moderated=All

Also, you mentioned Link's green team costume. Does his default not work as his green team one now? or does cbliss allow for characters to have two team costumes like wario?

(I have yet to get cbliss to work yet).

Quote from: Szasz on June 01, 2013, 07:18:14 AM
Apple's download doesn't have its own url. This is a link to his page:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=32255&Moderated=All#ByUserID=19771&Moderated=All&Moderated=All

Also, you mentioned Link's green team costume. Does his default not work as his green team one now? or does cbliss allow for characters to have two team costumes like wario?

(I have yet to get cbliss to work yet).
When I was going through all of the Minty, Mars, and Maritime textures, I noticed that half of them have incorrect compression on them. Which is a big no no for cBliss. I fixed the compression on them as well as other errors and reuploaded them for this pack. The final smash eyes are messed up on characters like kirby, Pikachu, etc., so I had to fix that as well.

cBliss changed the order for all of the costumes so the slot 00 is deafault and slots 01, 02, and 03 are the red, green, and blue slots respectively. This meant that characters like Link, Sonic, Mario, etc. don't use their default color as their team color. Do you understand?


June 01, 2013, 03:05:58 PM #88 Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 03:07:40 PM by MANSTA8
I call Toon Link/Ness. Dunno if people are already doing it or not I'll make some anyway.

Also I'm going to remake Knight Luigi, we could use that for 07.

EDIT: Oh yeah, you could use this for Meta Knight: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=29630

I've got a whole bunch of recolors for Toon Link, Kirby, Link and Sonic that you can use:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Name=*recolor*&ByUser=libertyernie (Wow, three years ago for some of them!)
The Kirby ones have all the hats too.