Ikarus Development... Nah it's dead

Started by BlackJax96, June 01, 2013, 03:17:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

._.
dang BJ, ur really getting pounded on with this thing...

guys can we lay back a tad and give BJ some room to work...
I want this thing as bad as you guys, but I'm not pounding on him for it... :/

the first release will have whatever features it's meant to... that is all.

now I'm really glad people aren't pounding me for UMC... >.>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: DarkPika on September 17, 2013, 04:05:59 PM
._.
dang BJ, ur really getting pounded on with this thing...

guys can we lay back a tad and give BJ some room to work...
I want this thing as bad as you guys, but I'm not pounding on him for it... :/

the first release will have whatever features it's meant to... that is all.

THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING

I have to pretty much rewrite all of the moveset parsing and rebuilding stuff, so it might be a while.

I've thought of an idea. What if you can edit the hit properties of hazards with Ikarus? Example, Arwings in Corneria, their lasers do deal some damage, but with barely any knockback. I would change the knockback properties to make it so that the Arwings are a bit more of a threat.

Quote from: sluigi123 on October 16, 2013, 02:34:22 PM
I've thought of an idea. What if you can edit the hit properties of hazards with Ikarus? Example, Arwings in Corneria, their lasers do deal some damage, but with barely any knockback. I would change the knockback properties to make it so that the Arwings are a bit more of a threat.
That would open possibilities for stages TOO! Wow! But I think it would be better in BBox though...
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.


That's not going to happen either.

The parameters are somewhere in the REL which is editable by BB v0.69.


I can hardly wait to try this puppy out. I love PSA, but to be able to animate and PSA in the same window is gonna be awesome.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on October 16, 2013, 11:58:22 PM
I can hardly wait to try this puppy out. I love PSA, but to be able to animate and PSA in the same window is gonna be awesome.
^This^
And from the pics BJ posted earlier, it looks very accurate ;D
Looking forward to use it!!
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Once you're able to PSA and animate items in the same window via Ikarus, you wouldn't mind showing us a preview of that when you have the chance?

You don't have to do this, if you don't want to.

newsflash

I'm almost done rewriting the code to parse movesets. It's a bit more complex now, but cleaner. I rewrote a lot of it over this random 3-day weekend. Now I just need to wrap that up and then add editors to the GUI for all the various things in each moveset, especially articles.

I think once everything can be parsed for a few characters, I might release a preview version that can't save (there will be a clear message box stating that the program is just a demo and cannot save).

While you guys are off previewing the program, I'll code the rebuilder for fighter.pac, release an update, code the rebuilder for 4 characters, release an update, code another 4, update, etc. That way you'll all be continually entertained and always have something to look forward to. :P Hopefully my motivation will hold up. I'm not sure if I'll be able to support all of the characters.

There's nothing new to see atm so I can't really show any previews right now.

Quote from: sluigi123 on October 19, 2013, 02:05:22 AM
Once you're able to PSA and animate items in the same window via Ikarus, you wouldn't mind showing us a preview of that when you have the chance?

You don't have to do this, if you don't want to.

sure, if I get around to it



Good news you brought there, BJ!
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.