Villager Joins the Brawl! -Released!-

Started by SonicBrawler, June 12, 2013, 12:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Okay great! I only have mods via project M so I guess I'll have to wait. Great job so far though! :af2:
Loyal servant and friend of Princess Peach!

Looking for modders to import Paz from MGS Peace Walker over Peach

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66214.0

**Model is included**

Hey Snoopy you know Villager's dash attack where he  charges at them and falls, are you planning to put a flower vase in his hand like when he is in the Wii U version?

And do you plan to put a bowling ball, etc so it matches the Wii U version because I saw that his down air involved him dropping something (I think) and I thought it would be nice if there was a bowling ball so it matches the Wii u Version a bit more.

Also I vote for the bee final smash because, one I have no idea what Roccceti does. I saw his assist trophy but I don't even know what it actually does, and two I don't know what Plan C ACTUALLY is....

And you know his down taunt? Where he waters a plant? I think it would be really cool if instead of plants he grows a tree and his side taunt could be him swinging an axe, cutting the tree so that it resembles more of the Wii U version. I know it's your Project,  but here are some suggestions......Thanks! ;D

Quote from: Loyal_Toad234 on February 17, 2014, 02:03:30 AM
Okay great! I only have mods via project M so I guess I'll have to wait. Great job so far though! :af2:

ah, that makes sense then.  guess i still have the old man mentality that everyone runs mods through Gecko or Riivolution.  looks like that means i'm doing a P:M version, once i get the Throws and Final Smash done.  i'd better get to playing it soon then...


Quote from: solarflare4774 on February 17, 2014, 02:29:58 AM
Hey Snoopy you know Villager's dash attack where he  charges at them and falls, are you planning to put a flower vase in his hand like when he is in the Wii U version?

And do you plan to put a bowling ball, etc so it matches the Wii U version because I saw that his down air involved him dropping something (I think) and I thought it would be nice if there was a bowling ball so it matches the Wii u Version a bit more.

Also I vote for the bee final smash because, one I have no idea what Roccceti does. I saw his assist trophy but I don't even know what it actually does, and two I don't know what Plan C ACTUALLY is....

And you know his down taunt? Where he waters a plant? I think it would be really cool if instead of plants he grows a tree and his side taunt could be him swinging an axe, cutting the tree so that it resembles more of the Wii U version. I know it's your Project,  but here are some suggestions......Thanks! ;D

honestly, there's a few reasons i haven't done a 100% copy/paste from Smash 4 for the Villager.  one, i'd like for mine to be a little more distinct.  that's not to say that PSAs that do that are bad or anything, but i'd rather have mine be a bit different, since i've been 'working' on this PSA for quite a few years now.  i use the term 'working' very loosely.  two, there's at least a few things that i doubt i'd be able to re-create in Brawl with the current editing methods we have.  of course, this isn't to say that i would be opposed to making more of a Smash 4 Villager, but that would happen once Smash 4 is closer to coming out. 

like the Tree, i could easily make it look like it does in Smash 4, but there's no way (that i know of) to make it interactible, meaning setting up the Tree, then leaving it for later.  the Bowling Ball is possible, but i'd need to make it an article like the Slingshot bullet is, but i can't because Pit only has the one usable Article, and we can't add Articles, at least without waaaaaay too much .rel editing, and probably not even then.  adding the Sapling to the Dash would be relatively easy, but is completely unnecessary (as i think it is even in Smash 4) since he trips plenty without holding one in the AC games.

as for the Final Smash, i probably should stop assuming that because i've been playing AC basically since it was released on the Gamecube, that not everyone has.  the deal with Resetti is that if you reset or turn off the game without saving, he'll pop up and lecture you about not doing that.  if you've ever seen him in Assist Trophy form, the 2 minute long lecture is pretty much exactly what he does in AC when you see him.  the joke with my FS idea is that the Villager 'resets' the game, hence having Resetti come up after.

so thanks for making sure i keep myself in line, i need that occasionally.  if i'm not doing something, it's probably because i think i have a good reason for not doing so, but should be sanity checked now and then.  and now that makes two votes for Bees...

i vote for resetti, although i have been procrastinating to looking into that.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


It's even scarier when the people the background are also happy.
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quote from: Chaos_Knight on February 25, 2014, 02:46:12 AM
It's even scarier when the people the background are also happy.

The Villagers are all secretly trained child assassins.  :oshi:
Loyal servant and friend of Princess Peach!

Looking for modders to import Paz from MGS Peace Walker over Peach

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66214.0

**Model is included**

Quote from: Chaos_Knight on February 25, 2014, 02:46:12 AM
It's even scarier when the people the background are also happy.

that's because they know they're going to have fun with him later.



so now that i basically have the grab the way i'd like it, i feel like making the Throws.  here's the Forward Throw.  pretend the Net is there for the first few frames instead of the Umbrella, it's supposed to switch between them.


Definitely gonna add this PSA to my BrawlEx. Great work, Snoops!

nicely done. i imagine one of them will involve the slingshot. would be funny seeing villager shoot someone upwards or backwards.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on February 26, 2014, 03:42:17 AM
Definitely gonna add this PSA to my BrawlEx. Great work, Snoops!

why thank you


Quote from: SonicBrawler on February 26, 2014, 06:59:50 PM
nicely done. i imagine one of them will involve the slingshot. would be funny seeing villager shoot someone upwards or backwards.

actually, what i have currently planned for Throws don't involve the Slingshot.  speaking of the Up Throw...




it's actually the 'I caught a Bug!' animation.  and yes, the opponent will be held up then tossed up at the end.

Quote from: Snoopy on February 26, 2014, 08:55:03 PM


it's actually the 'I caught a Bug!' animation.  and yes, the opponent will be held up then tossed up at the end.
Hah, cool! I think this hack will be the best yet! But is it normal for this to remind me of Megaman's Throw for SSB4? It DOES seem similar....

oh alright. no slingshot. thats fine. :P

that looks pretty good.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: babyblinx1 on February 26, 2014, 11:33:08 PM
Hah, cool! I think this hack will be the best yet! But is it normal for this to remind me of Megaman's Throw for SSB4? It DOES seem similar....

y'know, i didn't even realize that.  suppose a little inspiration came from that then.




i think i'm having a little too much fun on these.  ThrowLw now.  same with ThrowHi, the Net will be there for the first few frames, but then switch to the Shovel.  opponent goes under his foot.


Quote from: Snoopy on February 28, 2014, 03:00:37 AM




i think i'm having a little too much fun on these.  ThrowLw now.  same with ThrowHi, the Net will be there for the first few frames, but then switch to the Shovel.  opponent goes under his foot.


I can totally imagine this, and him screaming "FORE!!!" XD