"True" Ike PSA (V2) (PM 2.6)

Started by Amarythe, July 18, 2013, 11:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

July 18, 2013, 11:10:19 PM Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 06:25:50 AM by Amarythe
The "True" PSA hack series is designed to provide each and every character with a moveset that is 100% faithful to their in-game abilities, while maintaining a sense balance.

Let's be fair; Smash Bros. is arguably the GREATEST gaming experience available. However, there's no denying that there are simply some things Sakurai got wrong. But through the magic of PSA hacking, we can make Brawl the game it should have been!

Most likely, I will NOT be making this hack for any other version of Brawl but PROJECT M. Seriously... Why would you hack this game and NOT play Project M? IF enough people complain, I MIGHT just reconsider. MAYBE. Don't count on it though.
http://projectmgame.com/en/
^ There's Project M. Seriously; download it. Instead of making me do all the work of coding/releasing alternate versions, do YOURSELF a FAVOR and download Project M. See? Everybody wins.

This is the first hack in the "True" series! Now this is a hack built for TRUE Fire Emblem fans! Those familiar with the series (specifically the Tellius arc) will certainly appreciate the changes I've made here to Ike. Each change is based entirely on the attacks and actions Ike performs in both Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.

Don't be fooled by the fact that this is merely the first Beta version; the hack has a good chunk of changes, and has very, very, very minor bugs. And it's a BLAST to play!

As an added bonus, I've even thrown in a "True" texture hack of Ike's Ranger class; he now has his Regal Sword, and his hair is the proper length! Credit to Shinja for the Regal Sword. The hair was done by me. In the future this hack pack will come with even more, even better versions of all Ike's classes! All of these hacks will be credited accordingly, don't worry.

- Change List -

IDLE STANCE
Ike's stance now reflects what he does in-game, after promoting to his Lord class! I was really disappointed that Sakurai gave him the stance he has in Brawl; it's like he couldn't decide whether to make it the Ranger stance, the Lord stance, or both. So he went with a kind of wonky mix of both... In the future, I'm going to make a version of this hack-pack which includes Ike's Ranger stance, so you can choose which one you want!

BACK DODGE
This is now more faithful to something he did in game; during one of his critical animations, Ike is seen doing a sort of backflip-handstand. Well now, he does this in Brawl! I can't believe they didn't add this in originally... Now, the animation is pretty fast so it's a little tough to appreciate, but I intend on making the animation more prominent in the future.

JAB
This attack is now Ike's main Critical Hit sequence from Radiant Down. The attack where he rushes the opponent and strikes them three times. Pretty sweet, huh? The first two attacks give you a slight boost of forward momentum. You'll be dancing circles around your opponent with this one!

FORWARD TILT
This move is now his first attack as a Ranger! This animation is stolen from his Jab... but his Jab will change soon, so don't complain! The move makes much more sense as a Forward Tilt; once I've finished edited his Jab in the next version, you'll see why!

FORWARD SMASH
This move will see no changes. But suggestions are welcome!

DASH ATTACK (Not yet included!)
This move will be replaced by his former Forward Tilt. It won't reach quite as far as his old Dash Attack, but I'll make sure to keep it useful. Why replace his Dash Attack? Because his Forward Tilt has been replaced, and that animation still appears in the games.

DOWN TILT
This attack is now the first hit of his Down Smash. Don't worry, he'll get a new Down Smash in the next version. Why did I do this? Three reasons: 1) I'm replacing his Down Smash with something more fitting in the next release of this hack and 2) The first attack in Ike's Down Smash looks cool and most importantly 3) Ike's Down Tilt in Brawl is just a stupid, stupid move. It's hardly even usable. But good news! Simply by changing the animation, this attack now has the range to be ACTUALLY usable!

DOWN SMASH
In Fire Emblem, Ike has an attack where he spins around once and slashes the opponent. Due to the circular nature of the attack, I though it would be fitting as a Down Smash. Similar to Ness's yo-yo, the first hit comes out BEHIND you, in a near instant! The second hit comes out slower, though. Use it to surprise foes attempting a sneak attack!


UP TILT
This move is now his second attack as a Ranger. In Path of Radiance, if you had enough speed to combo the enemy, this is the move he would use. In translates really well in Brawl! Sure, I stole this from Marth's Up Tilt; but in my True Marth PSA, I plan on changing HIS Up Tilt so you can forgive me eventually! This move belongs on Ike.

UP SMASH (Not yet included!)
When Ike performs "Aether" and the settings of the game are set to "Map Only" mode, the attack animation comes out as a sort of uppercut attack that looks totally different from the real Aether. This attack will be his new Up Smash, and it will function with similar to Link's Forward Smash (where two hits are made provided you press the A button again)

NEUTRAL AERIAL
This attack is now his second critical hit animation (the vertical spin). What's that you say? "This is stupid, it's just part of his Aether animation!!" Well BOO HOO, you WON'T be complaining after you feel just how incredibly AWESOME this move is to use. This is, in my opinion, HANDS DOWN the funnest feature of the PSA.

FORWARD AERIAL
This move will see no changes. But suggestions are welcome!

BACKWARD AERIAL
This move will see no changes. But suggestions are welcome!

DOWNWARD AERIAL
This move will see no changes. But suggestions are welcome!

UPWARD AERIAL
This move will see no changes. But suggestions are welcome!

SPECIAL (Not yet included!)
Eruption is a stupid move. It doesn't happen in any of Ike's games, and Sakurai could have given him a MUCH more fitting, MUCH more useful, MUCH more fun move: And this is his ranged attack with Ragnel. You know, the sword wave he uses when he's two spaces from the opponent? Yes! I'm determined to hack this into the game!! Unfortunately, you probably won't see this move until the final version of the hack.

FORWARD SPECIAL (Not yet changed!)
I'm going to alter this move so that it no longer charges; similar to Fox's Forward B. Why? Because he doesn't charge it in his game, silly! I plan on making this a kill move (it is, after all, based on his Critical Hit animation), so as a result, the start-up for the will be much longer (to make it predictable, like all kill moves).

DOWN SPECIAL
This move will see no changes. But suggestions are welcome!

UP SPECIAL (Not yet changed!)
Only two changes will be made to this move; First, in Ike's games, when he initiates this move he points his sword at the opponent. The grounded version of this attack will reflect this. Second, the move will be given healing properties, a nod to it's function in Fire Emblem (don't get too excited, the move will heal VERY little of your damage; otherwise it'd be INSANELY cheap. Even a 5% heal is pushing it).




- List of known bugs -
Ike's cape occasionally glitches in Idle stance; it's barely noticeable.
Sometimes Ike's Forward Tilt will randomly slow down... it's not horrible though. I think I know how to fix it.
Ike's Neutral Air is a little glitchy near platforms... he'll land on them prematurely if you get to close. Definitely the worst bug in the pack; definitely fixable.

Please be sure to give me some feedback! Report any bugs, complaints, compliments or SUGGESTIONS (notice something in Fire Emblem I didn't include? PLEASE tell me and I'll add it!) Thank you for downloading my hack; you WON'T be disappointed!

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

Saw your hack in the Brawl Vault earlier and reported because the link wasn't correct :P

This whole thing sounds like fun. If you ever need PSA help, just shoot me a PM. 


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: drogoth232 on July 18, 2013, 11:49:13 PM
Saw your hack in the Brawl Vault earlier and reported because the link wasn't correct :P

This whole thing sounds like fun. If you ever need PSA help, just shoot me a PM. 
Thanks a TON for the heads up! EVERYTHING is working perfect now, so check it out!!

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

I like the idea of making characters act more like they do in their home game. Will this be done with every character or just a few?

July 19, 2013, 01:50:50 AM #4 Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 01:51:47 AM by somen00b
I think that you could copy the sword wave move off of this hack I've made if you wanted

http://www.mediafire.com/?tvqagpszx98wdgx

weaponmaster fox showcase

its subaction 4 and the video auto embedded, sorry about that.

hope it helps.

Quote from: Amarythe on July 18, 2013, 11:55:11 PM
Thanks a TON for the heads up! EVERYTHING is working perfect now, so check it out!!

Just checked the download link.

It led me to to My Files on Mediafire.

Check the link again :P


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

...I'm so pissed of at Media Fire right now... You'd think it would have an intuitive interface... asdfghjkl;

Alright, NOW try it. I SWEAR it works this time.
...That is to say, I swear I THINK it works this time...!

Man, Version 2 is gonna be done before these links ever go public... ._.

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

Quote from: somen00b on July 19, 2013, 01:50:50 AM
I think that you could copy the sword wave move off of this hack I've made if you wanted
That's not quiiiiiiiiiiite what I'm looking for, but it's definitely a start.
Dude, HOW do you edit the properties of articles?! Is it all hex based hacking? ._. I'm not the greatest with that.

What I'm looking for is something more akin to the wave that comes off of Kirby's Final Cutter.... only much larger.


Quote from: StupidMetroid on July 19, 2013, 01:43:54 AM
I like the idea of making characters act more like they do in their home game. Will this be done with every character or just a few?
Yep! EVERY character! ...That is, every character with things worth altering. I'm sure there are actually a handful of characters who are true enough to their series/don't have enough attacks in their games for me to change anything. Although, outside of attacks, I could still change their attributes...
Ike, Link, and Mario are the ones who will see the most changes. Especially Link. OH do I have some beautiful moves in store for him.

And at drogoth:

...I'm so pissed of at Media Fire right now... You'd think it would have an intuitive interface... asdfghjkl;

Alright, NOW try it. I SWEAR it works this time.
...That is to say, I swear I THINK it works this time...!

Man, Version 2 is gonna be done before these links ever go public... ._.

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

Okay, I just took a quick look at your animations...

Did you custom make the animation for the Neutral A? Because I see no reason for the XRotN, ThrowN, and the TopN bones to be in such awkward positions. The animation itself looks familiar, but I'm not sure.

I have a few things to say about the other animations though... I'll wait for the afternoon before I say something though :P


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The Neutral Air animation comes straight out of Ike's Aether. Yeah, it gets angled weird by the end of the animation; luckily, it still looks good enough in game. I wanna polish it by the final version though.


Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

July 19, 2013, 06:01:50 AM #10 Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 06:05:42 AM by justadood
...you might wanna check out this thread:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=60199.0

i love what you're doing with ike, but in this thread, mario is going sunshine and link is going twilight already... if you're going in another direction, then awesome :D but check out the thread in case they're doing something you're thinking of... or if maybe you need ideas..? ^^ ... ... ... also there are 8-9 different Links, so if you're looking for a moveset for a specific one, check out the series lore thingy :D :
Timeline: The Legend of Zelda - Part 1

skyward
minish
4sword
ocarinaoftime
(young link cont) ("what if" link) (zelda's timeline)
majora'smask (original)legendofzelda windwaker
twilightprincess nesstuff... phantomhourglass
fourswordadvent morenesstuff... spirittracks

the eighth link is adult OOT link, the ninth link is if i missed one in the nes stuff, or the new link in the wiiu game coming up
I'M JUST A DOOD

Awesome! I'm particularly interested to see what Link will be like.

Lol justadood, while their idea is rather similar to mine it's not quite the same. I'm only making one moveset meant to encompass all of a certain character's games. I really don't think a whole moveset for EACH individual title is necessary... unless all you were to change were the Specials, I guess.

In any case, even if this guy's project was the same as mine, I'd still make these hacks. Not like competition isn't fun.

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

lol, that's not 'ut i meant XD ..as a matter of fact, i'm making a link and young link moveset too! haha, but keep in mind that some items were only in whatsoever games ;D lol, like young link didn't get fire arrows in oot, only in majora's mask, so my first idea was to make him get a slingshot, but adult link in oot didn't get bomb arrows, only twili link did XD so gicing him deku nuts and bomb arrows wouldn't make sense chronologically, and if he can't turn young, i might as well use majora's mask link without the master sword, but then why have only one link who was in OOT, . . . . you see i'm just going in circles with it! XD haha... but i have decided on putting four swords advent link over iceclimbers X3 .. .. .. lol
I'M JUST A DOOD

Nice PSA. I'm loving the neutral air.