It's here. RSBE - Replacement SoundBank Engine "FPC 4.0" by InternetExplorer

Started by InternetExplorer, July 22, 2013, 08:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

if i remember when editing character sounds there are two important rules
1,make sure the sound is in mono format.
2.the sampling rate needs to be the same as the original character; its usually 22050
u can always compare a clean soundbrsar in brawlbox to your new sounds



Quote from: shadowXtreme on July 24, 2013, 06:59:22 PM
you got it working using tracklist moddifier? D:

As far I remember your stage loader codes and youe custom song loader code cant be  used at the same time, because memory addresses, but I still preffer your stage loader code than RSBE or your custom song loader but, if there is a way to make those codes work together, that would be really, really good  :o
hehe yeah, i got it working with the tracklist modifier.. turns out i forgot to save my gct file with the code added even tho i thought i did... xDD

but i have went over the filesize on the announcer call file.. freezes at strap menu :p

Quote from: Mr.MW on July 24, 2013, 08:56:40 PM
if i remember when editing sounds there are two important rules
1,make sure the sound is in mono format.
2.the sampling rate needs to be the same as the original character; its usually 44100
this... thats how i fixed some of the freeze issue i had at the CSS, some of my sounds were in stereo
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

another way to save space on sound files is to have the same sound linked for different sounds

for example have win1,win2,win3 share the same sound
this is possible in brawlbox, but i have not had a chance to check in super sawnds
if its not possible in super sawnds:
you could first edit in brawlbox your smashbros_sound.brsar, import your new brsar to super sawnds and extract your modified sounds to bnk.
this should solve file limitations

My freezes occurred at the strap screen.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


i have confirmed the max filesize for announcercall/group 223.bnk is 410kb! any higher will cause a freeze on the strap menu
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

I do think it's also worth mentioning that when making .bnk files, the same as making .sawndz files, sometimes (for a reason I have no clue about) the program will make the file about double the size it should be. Simply recreating the file has usually fixed that for me, but it's always worth checking the actual file size to make sure it's not too ridiculous.
All my loops are perfect... except for Zero's Lightning Loops... can't seem to get those down...
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xNoobIISaibotx
Check out my custom hacks and tracks here:

Quote from: xNoobxSaibotx on July 24, 2013, 10:19:38 PM
I do think it's also worth mentioning that when making .bnk files, the same as making .sawndz files, sometimes (for a reason I have no clue about) the program will make the file about double the size it should be. Simply recreating the file has usually fixed that for me, but it's always worth checking the actual file size to make sure it's not too ridiculous.
Are you sure this happens with .bnk files too? I'm not sure I've ever seen that, and the .bnk creator grabs info directly from the brsar, so that sounds odd.

Quote from: InternetExplorer on July 24, 2013, 10:23:21 PM
Are you sure this happens with .bnk files too? I'm not sure I've ever seen that, and the .bnk creator grabs info directly from the brsar, so that sounds odd.

Yes. Literally the first one I saved did the exact same thing as with .sawnd files. For Marth it was like 1727 kilobytes, and the .sawnd file I have saved is 874 kilobytes. I just had it recompile it and overwrote the file and sure enough the file size changed to match the .sawnd file I already have saved. It does it almost every other time for me. It may be different for other people... idk.
All my loops are perfect... except for Zero's Lightning Loops... can't seem to get those down...
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xNoobIISaibotx
Check out my custom hacks and tracks here:

Maybe the .bnk creator grabs file size information from the .sawnd file? I forget, lol.

Quote from: InternetExplorer on July 24, 2013, 07:08:09 PM
Dolphin has built-in Gecko code support so there's no need to use Ocarina or any homebrew application. Just make sure "enable cheats" is selected in the config. Then, open the ini file at: dolphin/User/GameConfig/RSBE01.ini

At the bottom of that file, add codes in this format:
$Code title
XXXXXXXX YYYYYYYY
XXXXXXXX YYYYYYYY
[empty space at bottom of file]

The "$" is important. Once you've added all your codes in this way, go back into Dolphin, right-click Brawl and select "Properties", and go to the Gecko Codes tab to select all your codes. Then, launch Brawl as normal and your codes will work.

Thanks for the help but i still cant get it to work. it plays the original marth sfx.


Quote from: SleuthMechanism on July 24, 2013, 11:00:00 PM
so.. can you convert pre-existing sawnds to bnks with this?
Import the .sawnd into the .brsar using Super Sawndz and then create a .bnk.


The op says it needs the file patch code, this will never work with Riivolution?