Project Mirage [The Project M-inspired recolor thread] (UPDATED: 27/02/2014)

Started by UmbraVivens, August 05, 2013, 07:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Welcome, in this thread, we'll create, post and compile recolors of the characters in Project M, to fit the mod's theme, hues and layout; the dark purple/blue you can see in menus and artwork.
This could work for those that use cBliss as well, which allows a lot of texture slots.
The recolors will focus on using dark purples and blues, dark brown, cyan, very light yellow, as well as gray and some black and white details; including the use of adding the Project M logo if possible or viable without making it to look forced in some way.
You can join if you like, just show a recolor that fits well with the theme (mentioned above) and receive feedback to know if there's something that can be adjusted.
cya :3
you can use this if you like/can, thanks to Kramerdorf for editing this

This is what has been done so far in this project, you can find the one you want (as long as it's been done/uploaded)

ANNOTATIONS
Needs Work: means that the character hasn't been taken yet
Needs Update: means that the character requires to be reworked and present a new product
To be updated: means that the character is going through a revamp, then to be revised
TO BE RELEASED: means that the character has been aproved but there's no actual public download



Costumes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

NoFun
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


C. Falcon
ObskoreStreams
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Charizard
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Diddy Kong
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Donkey Kong
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Falco
HyperrCrow
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Fox
Redgamer
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Ganondorf
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Ice Climbers
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Ike
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Ivysaur
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Kirby
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Link
By: NoFun
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

By: Rage83
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Lucario
RedGamer
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Lucas
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Luigi
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Mario
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Doctor Mario
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Marth
bbQ
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Metaknight
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Mewtwo
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Mr. Game & Watch
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Ness
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Olimar
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Peach
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Pikachu
ShadowLuigi-NG-
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Pit
RedGamer
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


R.O.B.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Roy
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Samus
Xenozoa425
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sheik
By: NoFun
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Snake
By: Dio
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sonic
NoFun
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Squirtle
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Toon Link
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Wario
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Wolf
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Yoshi
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Zelda
NoFun
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Zero Suit Samus
Xenozoa425
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Stages:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
What exactly does this thread do?

So, someone else finally started a "color" theme project?

I'll keep an eye on this and primarily give feed-back. If I feel like it, I might do an Ike for this, but don't plan on that happening.

Good luck, guys.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

So... I decided to give it a go:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Feedback is appreciated.

August 06, 2013, 02:26:04 AM #3 Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 02:29:14 AM by Akeno-sempai
Quote from: NoFun on August 06, 2013, 01:42:44 AM
So... I decided to give it a go:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Feedback is appreciated.
I like!
But, it would cooler with a sheath with more blue-ish color... and maybe you can add a more dark blue to the Master Sword's edge...
But overall, it's really good!
Btw, welcome on the forums!
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Quote from: NoFun on August 06, 2013, 01:42:44 AM
So... I decided to give it a go:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Feedback is appreciated.
Great, NoFun!
you seem to be catching the tune :D, the colors are well picked, it'd need a little desaturation and some "unique/original" details, such as patterns, stripes or the logo
gradients would work, but don't think in relying to much on them
   when i'm free, i'll post a Mirage Falcon
What exactly does this thread do?

August 06, 2013, 03:22:08 AM #5 Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 03:24:06 AM by Akeno-sempai
Is it possible to post some custom characters with recolors? By the way, I've made a Toon Link with another theme, but who also suits your theme... I just have to modify the sword/sheath/shield and the hat, then I'll post a preview here.
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Okay so, thanks for all the feedback! It's very useful!

New changes:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


BTW I'll add more detail and decoration to the tunic later.

Original Master Sword! I don't have anything to say except :
[spoiler]
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Quote from: NoFun on August 06, 2013, 04:01:43 AM
Okay so, thanks for all the feedback! It's very useful!

New changes:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


BTW I'll add more detail and decoration to the tunic later.
I'm Loving that sheath and sword, but yes, the sword looks weird, the PM logo can go in the shield instead, it's more apreciable

Rage83, things like Lena, Other M Zero Suit Samus, Awakening Marth, and Melee models will be allowed

stuff like Anime/Manga, out-of-smash characters, Obscure game characters/OCs
will not

Priority characters, are the ones currently released.
One cool thing that might come good as well is to make a Mirage Final Destination
or even the 64 character models
What exactly does this thread do?

thanks for replying. I'll see if I can make a G&W Color Set.

Thanks for all your comments, I really appreciate it.

New stuff, this is possibly the final version:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Please tell me what you think about it.

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

your link looks cool, NoFun, is that second one the final?
if you like you can release both, they both look kind of excentric, as it should be
would you release both, or make a poll to decide which one will be?
What exactly does this thread do?


I'd like both personally. Either one fits, and hey, there's always cBliss!  :af2: