Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 49
Author Topic: Project Mirage [The Project M-inspired recolor thread] (UPDATED: 27/02/2014)  (Read 233616 times)
Akeno/Archer
Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #465 on: September 27, 2013, 03:13:16 PM »

Harder without the camera code but...
    Have some pics :

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

PK-Thunder
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #466 on: September 27, 2013, 03:28:05 PM »

Im surprised you didn't try using both purple and blue parts together on Ike.
    The grey parts seems bland to me.
    Most of Ikes recolors have more than just two colors on it. I think you might want to add some more definitive colors to the grey parts.

Feel free to edit them, just collab with me.

Harder without the camera code but...
    Have some pics :

In game, I'm quite pleased how they came out.

but the purple on that cape is starting to bother me  not impressed
    could you take pictures on unhacked battlefield or smashville?
    « Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 03:31:24 PM by RedGamer » Logged

Xenozoa425
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Smash 3 Team

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #467 on: September 27, 2013, 03:31:53 PM »

I don't like either of those tbh. I agree with Kramerdorf, both alts need to be mixed together and include more than just purple, blue, black, grey, and white. Mix in some gold, brown, and cyan. Keep his Ragnell the default colors. Outer cape needs to be that indigo color, and really doesn't need the Project M logo on it. Inner cape idk. Just not black/grey/white please lol.

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

« Reply #468 on: September 27, 2013, 03:37:10 PM »

Feel free to edit them, just collab with me.

In game, I'm quite pleased how they came out.

but the purple on that cape is starting to bother me  not impressed
    could you take pictures on unhacked battlefield or smashville?
    Well, I can't do that right now... I'll do it tomorrow (no Wii anymore till tomorrow...)

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

PK-Thunder
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #469 on: September 27, 2013, 03:47:34 PM »

I don't like either of those tbh. I agree with Kramerdorf, both alts need to be mixed together and include more than just purple, blue, black, grey, and white. Mix in some gold, brown, and cyan. Keep his Ragnell the default colors. Outer cape needs to be that indigo color, and really doesn't need the Project M logo on it. Inner cape idk. Just not black/grey/white please lol.

Im surprised you didn't try using both purple and blue parts together on Ike.
    The grey parts seems bland to me.
    Most of Ikes recolors have more than just two colors on it. I think you might want to add some more definitive colors to the grey parts.

So then, back towards my original idea?

Okay, here it is...tell me if I'm going in the right direction.

Also in my defense, this didn't actually happen :/
    « Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 03:52:28 PM by RedGamer » Logged

Xenozoa425
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #470 on: September 27, 2013, 04:16:14 PM »

All I can say for now is just don't cop out with black and white so much. Include some shades of brown, gold, and tan into things like his pants, inner cape, belt, chestplate, shoulderpad, gloves, etc.

And most importantly... keeping Ragnell gold instead of silver!

Really just anything to make it look more natural and less... unnatural.

I would recommend you to take a look at some of Shun One's Ikes. He's got some real good ones out there, all sorts of different designs, colors and themes. Look at them and then picture what one with purple, blue, black, brown, grey, and white would look like, and work from there.

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #471 on: September 27, 2013, 04:25:15 PM »

All I can say for now is just don't cop out with black and white so much. Include some shades of brown, gold, and tan into things like his pants, inner cape, belt, chestplate, shoulderpad, gloves, etc.

And most importantly... keeping Ragnell gold instead of silver!

Really just anything to make it look more natural and less... unnatural.

I would recommend you to take a look at some of Shun One's Ikes. He's got some real good ones out there, all sorts of different designs, colors and themes. Look at them and then picture what one with purple, blue, black, brown, grey, and white would look like, and work from there.

Why doesn't this guy have an Constructive award pin yet? His constructive criticism is incredible... and extremely helpful!

Taiko
    Extreme Kitten

Taco++

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #472 on: September 27, 2013, 05:00:45 PM »

In my opinion, the issue with Ike is he's looking too monotone. Adding some accent colours should work. To help out let's take Project M's purple Marth as an example, and look at the reference they used to create it: Pent.

Pent's mainly purple, but he's got gold mixed in as well. It helps give less of a monotone feel. In addition, the light purple helps contrast against the darker purple, and they work together well (more interesting than looking at the same overall tone).

So, basing it on this, I'd say Ike would be better if you brightened up the main purple on his his shirt a bit. It's a bit too close to black now. Second, I think the dark blue bit on his shirt would be better as a lighter purple rather than the dark blue. It doesn't really contrast too well the way it is now in my opinion, though that might fix itself if you lighten the main shirt. The edges of his shirt could also use a bit more colour, maybe a gold like Project M's purple Marth? The belts and his chest plate thing might be nice as a darker brown. The boots could work as a darker, less saturated purple than the main shirt, or just the same darker brown as the belts. And finally, the cape would be nicer as a tone of purple. I'm not sure yet, but maybe the same colour as his shirt after tweaking it.

And like Xeno said, I think Ragnell should be the same colour as it is in vBrawl. I would also argue that the hair should be the same as it is in vBrawl, maybe a slightly purpler / darker tone, but not by a lot. And the logo on his cape looks quite forced in my opinion, it doesn't look like something Ike would wear into battle to me.

Geez that's a large block of text, I'm not good at summarizing things!

Xenozoa425
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #473 on: September 27, 2013, 06:13:07 PM »

Oh yeah I forgot to comment about the hair too lol.

silver856
    Expert Kitten

Waddle Boom! Jump Glide!

• Awards Famous Hacker >9000 Smash 3 Team Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #474 on: September 27, 2013, 09:32:47 PM »

Pics of Luigi will be up tomarrow. Homework is cutting down on my super smash time.

PK-Thunder
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #475 on: September 28, 2013, 08:26:18 AM »

as a matter of fact, I have been looking at Shun's Ikes, I just couldn't for the life of me figure out what would be good accent colors for purple.
    I'm gonna try gold and tan, this way I won't have to change the colors of Ikes sword.
    but it won't be today, as I'm at the library doing other things.

UnbornLegacy
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #476 on: September 28, 2013, 06:58:09 PM »

Been away for a while, but I'm back and in need of a bit of criticism.

If anyone thinks his coat, hammer, ect, need some color adjustments then i can work on that before the final release. My major hurdle right now is the girdle. (heh) I've experimented with vbrawl's blue and pink girdle mostly and I'm leaning toward the pink's star girdle. I tried giving it white stars with lavender background but I can't decide if i want to make the back darker or not. Let me know if i should keep the girdle and change the colors or just change it to one of the other ones.

silver856
    Expert Kitten

Waddle Boom! Jump Glide!

• Awards Famous Hacker >9000 Smash 3 Team Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #477 on: September 28, 2013, 07:25:44 PM »

That second dedede looks nice, but I suggest making the gold on his crown silver and making his gloves all white. Also is there anything on the back of his robe? I think the bunny symbol thing should be white or grey.

UnbornLegacy
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #478 on: September 28, 2013, 08:02:19 PM »

That second dedede looks nice, but I suggest making the gold on his crown silver and making his gloves all white. Also is there anything on the back of his robe? I think the bunny symbol thing should be white or grey.
    The crown I'll give a shot next update. The gloves as well but those are one of the touches i personally like. And i replaced the bunny symbol with the P:M logo. You can see it here.

HyperrCrow
    Mega Kitten

Fox, because Melee.

• Awards Novice Restorer

« Reply #479 on: September 28, 2013, 10:33:20 PM »

I'm digging the girdle on the second D3, real nice. Just take the advice silver gave you, if possible return the bunny to his coat, the M looks forced.

Pages:  1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 49
    Print
    Jump to: