ASF1nk's Interface Mods *NEW 100% Tutorial for Riivolution*

Started by ASF1nk, March 10, 2010, 02:01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

576861743f

53
34 (39.5%)
4F
9 (10.5%)
4F
9 (10.5%)
4E
11 (12.8%)
2E
9 (10.5%)
2E
4 (4.7%)
2E
10 (11.6%)

Total Members Voted: 86


does #15 actually work at this point or are there bugs atm
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

@Enzo
Yeah I was planning on changing sonic and ice climbers.

@AnlmAiNe
What do you mean?
No, there are no bugs everything works flawlessly so far.
Skype: ASF1nk




would you release your work  for some feedback?
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

When the Character Select Screen is finished, maybe.
Skype: ASF1nk



will the arrangement of icons be able to be edited using codes, like the Flaming Blue CSS?

If you mean changing the arrangement of the character IDs in the code, then yes.
Skype: ASF1nk



Quote from: ASF1nk on March 29, 2012, 02:13:31 AM
If you mean changing the arrangement of the character IDs in the code, then yes.
Sweet, cause I'd much love to organize them in the order of mine (7) with that pattern of icons. o.o

Hi there!  I'm not sure I want to read 103 pages of thread posts, so I'll bite the bullet and just ask:

-Did you know some of your links on the first post no longer work?
I cannot seem to be able to download these, I get an error 404:
*Brawl Hax Strap
*Dark Flaming Blue Normal CSS
*Dark Flaming Blue SSS
*Red & Black Normal CSS
*Red & Black SSS
*Brawl Minus Normal CSS (takes me to the Brawl Minus download for some reason)
*Brawl Minus SSS (takes me to Brawl - thread in Smashboards for some reason)

I'm using Riivolution right now.
Back when I was using just GeckoOS 1.9.3.1,  I managed to get the flaming blue css and the sss (I'm using NTSC-U, actual disc, not an USB-Loader).  After arduous labor I managed to get both the CSS, the SSS and Brawl+ set up in one GCT.

However, that SD-Card died, much to my chagrin.

So I'm on a new card, and am using Riivolution because I'd like to switch from the assorted Brawl mods out there (plus, minus, etc.).  However, I'd like to use the CSS and SSS.

The OP has a "Riivolution.gct" download, but it seems to contain many codes that the assorted mods already have.  Do I have to replace their codes with that code for it to work?

Is there a way to enable, in Riivolution, the CSS and SSS separately from the mods?

Thanks for reading, and thanks for the great project you've got here.
Visit the Castlevania Dungeon and the Forums.

Quote from: JorgeDF on March 31, 2012, 02:40:31 PM
Hi there!  I'm not sure I want to read 103 pages of thread posts, so I'll bite the bullet and just ask:

-Did you know some of your links on the first post no longer work?
I cannot seem to be able to download these, I get an error 404:
*Brawl Hax Strap
*Dark Flaming Blue Normal CSS
*Dark Flaming Blue SSS
*Red & Black Normal CSS
*Red & Black SSS
*Brawl Minus Normal CSS (takes me to the Brawl Minus download for some reason)
*Brawl Minus SSS (takes me to Brawl - thread in Smashboards for some reason)

That's because the links aren't adjusted to work with this temp site. Add " http ://unotaku.com/kcmm/ " (minus the space) to the front of the broken URL and it should work.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


The Riivolution gct has all the codes in the op except the file patch code.
Skype: ASF1nk



Oh ok.  So it's modular, and I can just place with riivolution.gct in... in...
...actually, the post doesn't say where this gct goes.  I know in GeckoOs it goes in the 'codes' folder...

Do the codes in this override the very similar codes used in each mod's respective gct?

Thanks you guys for the clarification on the download links.
Visit the Castlevania Dungeon and the Forums.

The placing of the GCT depends on your xml.
I would recommend this codes for vanilla Brawl.
If you must used them with other code sets, you must override the previous ones.
I can't guarantee 100% compatibility when used with other code sets.
Skype: ASF1nk



Alright, thanks for your help again.  It's really appreciated.
A few years back, I set it up with Brawl+ and it successfully worked but I had to heavily modify the RSBE01.gct file with GCT edit and basically take anything that is in your code that is also in the Brawl+ code, and remove theirs and replace with yours.

I did this because you say in your FAQ that it must be yours.

I was just hoping that, now that it's been a few years and new methods such as Riivolution have come out, that this would have become easier.  I guess it still isn't.
Visit the Castlevania Dungeon and the Forums.