Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Mushroom Mix Custom Stage  (Read 27102 times)
StupidMarioFan1
Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #15 on: September 05, 2013, 07:10:33 PM »

Check the file size, different stages have different file sizes, so always make sure you don't go over board. Usually a file can't be twice it's original size, most of the time for stages and characters you can sqeeze in some memory, but always try to keep it as low as possible. Wink

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

LegacyWolf
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic 128-bit Hardcore Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: September 05, 2013, 08:56:14 PM »

Stage freezing happens to me. A lot. So [censored] much.

You'll definitely want to look into that filesize. I also get plenty of freezes and errors when trying to manually build over certain stages. What stage is it over?

From the looks of the model, it is also possible that it has too many vertices, though Brawl has a high tolerance of high-poly stages. high.

Rayved
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: September 05, 2013, 09:37:21 PM »

Thank you for the tips. The problem was in the filesize. 7mb

The stage is now in testing, need to scale down the whole thing a bit and I have some problems with some textures with transparency.

What I need help with: Animating this texture for the waterfall.

tga: www.dlaurin.com/smashbrawl/mariorpg/diffuse3.tga

Can someone tell me how to scale down the whole stage and its collisions with it? I tried creating an animation and pasting the scale values in it but it doesn't seem to change anything in the game. I just need to know how step by step.

My animations for the moving clouds aren't working at all either. I think I,m missing an important point.
    « Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 10:24:00 PM by Rayved » Logged

LegacyWolf
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic 128-bit Hardcore Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: September 06, 2013, 05:58:49 AM »

To make a texture transparent, go to its material and under Blend Mode, set EnableBlend to true. Also, to be safe, use these setting under Alpha Function:

Ref0: 1
    Comp0: GreaterOrEqual
    Logic: And
    Ref1: 255
    Comp1: LessOrEqual

The texture could be animated via srt0. It's better to experiment with it, so try it out. It works similar to chr0.

For the scaling animation thing, you need to go to the collision data and select the collision object, then find the model's main bone that has been scaled, then highlight it and click the + button next to the Model box. The bone should show up in the Bone namebox and the model should show up in the Model namebox.

As for the cloud animations, they're just not working at all? Do they even seem to be moved?

Rayved
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: September 06, 2013, 02:28:35 PM »

I can't scale the stage at all, not just the collisions. It is scaled down in brawlbox via an animation (pasted in yellow) but it stays the same in the game.

As for the clouds, they appear in brawlbox and their animation is already made. They appear in the right place when I preview the whole scene in the collision editor. In the game, the clouds are invisible and the collisions stay in place.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2013, 04:36:39 PM »

Is the cloud texture semi-transparent? If so then that's probably it, the material is probably made to have just transparency which if the texture is semi-transparent the game will make it fully-transparent. There was a link to a zip folder that contained materials and shaders to get a character texture to be transparent somewhere but I don't remember where, but here's a link for the files that I just made: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ptc1yqmoiso9djd/Transparency%20Goods%20%5BUpdated%5D.zip,
    There is one for a character texture to be transparent, one for a stage texture to be transparent because stages handle materials differently, one to make a character texture semi-transparent, one for a stage texture, one for a transparent metal for say a hair polygon on a character, and one for a semi-transparent metal. Sometimes BB would crash for the semi-transparent one for the character, but the stage one should work.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Rayved
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: September 06, 2013, 09:50:01 PM »

The clouds have no transparency at all. They share the same texture file as the plant and many other things that work just fine. It's more about them being different models.

I've succeeded in creating a texture animation. Still haven't tested if it works in-game though.

I scaled down the original model and am now redoing all collisions to fit the new size.
    « Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 03:44:23 PM by Rayved » Logged

Rayved
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: September 10, 2013, 02:56:00 PM »

Well here's the first release with various bugs. Still waiting for help for whatever's not working right mentioned in my previous post. Enjoy!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=34166

Tye2K
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2013, 03:10:14 PM »

So...

*cries tears of joy and happiness*

Beautiful.

You could probably even make brand new SSE stages from scratch and make SSE even MORE exciting if you really wanted to. Great job.

Rayved
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: September 10, 2013, 04:08:44 PM »

I'm really glad you like it! I'll post here when updates are available.

Turb0k
    Supreme Kitten

Something Stupid

• Awards Featured Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: September 10, 2013, 04:48:16 PM »

Im getting freezes. What stage is it over?

Rayved
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: September 10, 2013, 05:26:57 PM »

I built it over Online Training. Go here: http://www.lakora.us/rel/

Choose Online Training in the left column and Battlefield in the right one and click download to get the right Rel file.

I tested it over Frigate Orpheon and it works fine too.

EDIT: Sooo, to anyone who tried the stage, can you tell me how to fix the water texture?
    « Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 08:14:09 PM by Rayved » Logged

LegacyWolf
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: September 11, 2013, 08:37:27 PM »

Rayved, now that I have the stage, I've already fixed it. I wanted to improve it a bit as well.

andalsoandy
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: September 11, 2013, 10:13:30 PM »

oh my lord

make this project m compatible and i will forever owe you

it's such a cool stage

Rayved
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: September 11, 2013, 10:16:06 PM »

Rayved, now that I have the stage, I've already fixed it. I wanted to improve it a bit as well.

Legacy, can you send me the file through email so I can update the link? I'll pm you my email.

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4
    Print
    Jump to: