Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)

Started by Mewtwo2000, March 16, 2010, 02:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

What would you like me to release next?

Melee Mute City
73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley
31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky
17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle
14 (8%)
Fire Temple
13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut
3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern
3 (1.7%)
Venom
4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man
17 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 175

Why so complicated? D:

Let's just make sure I'm still following you... in order for the Block Tool to properly rotate my model's normal, I should first rotate each of it's bone -starting from Body M all the way to Plat-4b- using Brawlbox, is that correct?
I'm so gonna ask for a step-to-step tutorial if that is not what you meant XD

I see, thank you!

Same thing here, Estouro only showns up when the offsets are set to 0.

Edit: Wait, what? Dude you are messing up with my head lol
Things are probably going to work just fine if I darken the textures used by the 2d model, which I could easily do but would be no fun.
So I'd really appreciate it if you could explain how this Block Tool actually works. That's it if my thoughts up there are not correct...

Let's clarify everything finally.

First, I read wrongly that darkened texture thingy. While the 2D model is always clear, the stage builder block is affected by lighting. This means that the way you see the texture depends on the lighting and the normals for that face. If you rotate the normals conveniently in the block, you may reach the exact color in the 2D model. But, if I'm not mistaken, and as you say, the only way to make a 2D model look like this is just darkening the texture.

Also, unless I'm mistaken, there's no use in rotating the normal in the 2D model, cause the only place you will see the change will be in brawlbox. If things are the way I guess for that model, it will always look the same in-game.

About properly rotate the model with block tool... Well, it's not really useful cause it has some different bones. The 'apply' to model feature is thought for models with a single bone, that can't be modified by 2 different bones at once. The stage builder block is one of them. But that 2D block doesn't need it.

Anyway, if you want it to be modified properly, hit the 'cut' button in every bone you're not really using. And, if you want to apply the changes, be sure to apply them in block tool bone by bone. Starting from Body M to Plat-4b. If you've cutted the contents of every bone except for plat-4b, then you only need to apply once with the offset of plat-4b.

I guess this should be everything about this.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Man I was totally overlooking the fact that each of the 2d model's bone has it's own offset! After seeing this I could finally understand what you were trying to explain about applying the changes bone by bone. Sorry about that!

QuoteBut, if I'm not mistaken, and as you say, the only way to make a 2D model look like this is just darkening the texture.
I don't know if that is the only way to do it, but it is the only way I can do it so far. And that was what lead me to try and edit the 2d model's normals.
The block model and the 2d model that I'm using shares the same texture, are positioned side-by-side and haven't had their rotations edited at all. In inspite of that, the 2d model didn't seem to be affected in-game by lighting the same way the block model was, and this was really annoying me. Both of them were supposed to have that darker color you see on the block model by the picture but the 2d model just wouldn't cooperate.

I should stop talking now lol

Well, thank you once again for clarifying everything. I owe you that, Mewtwo.

Edit:
QuoteAlso, unless I'm mistaken, there's no use in rotating the normal in the 2D model, cause the only place you will see the change will be in brawlbox. If things are the way I guess for that model, it will always look the same in-game.
Unfortunately you are not mistaken. The 2d looks fine in Brawlbox but won't change in-game.

New picture showing the boo:



After animating him and a few more like him, and making 1 more place playable, I'll share the stage.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on August 01, 2011, 08:37:40 PM
New picture showing the boo:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


After animating him and a few more like him, and making 1 more place playable, I'll share the stage.

Awesome! Are they going to turn invisible/have coins in them? hahaha

That Boo is too cool.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


You never disappoint. I'm just looking at this picture, and I can hardly tell whether it's Brawl with a Super Mario 64 stage, or Super Mario 64 with Super Smash Bros. Brawl characters!
My Kid Icarus Uprising Weapon of Choice Card
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Friend Code: 3737 - 9702 - 3408
NNID: Allav866

Thanks =)

New picture before going to sleep:

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

August 02, 2011, 06:37:30 AM #4658 Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 06:38:42 AM by Friedslick6
Nice one.
Are you using reference from Toad's Tool 64 for the Boo's default positions? That and the miniature mansion cage you have planned are the only improvements I can think of.
At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.


Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on August 01, 2011, 08:37:40 PM
New picture showing the boo:
http://i.imgur.com/FdMCM.jpg
After animating him and a few more like him, and making 1 more place playable, I'll share the stage.
Holy damn, that's crazy! That boo is just an exact replica O.o
Is he imported from the original game?

no, that's impossible, he built them from scratch using coordinates from the original game as a guide.
*EDIT* ohmigod i just hit 50 posts! I'M NOT A NEWBIE KITTEN ANYMOOOOORE! :happy:
My Kid Icarus Uprising Weapon of Choice Card
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Friend Code: 3737 - 9702 - 3408
NNID: Allav866

lol that Boo looked really creepy.

But I just thought that someone could put Peach's crown on the Boo, and then make him bigger so that there's King Boo!(To be used either with the stage or to port the model over a character and make him playable.

wow Mewtwo. this looks incredible. i cant wait to try out this stage. :D


Soon enough... I'll show you my true power.

@mewtwo2000 for his stage:
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later