Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What would you like me to release next?
Melee Mute City - 73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley - 31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky - 17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle - 14 (8%)
Fire Temple - 13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut - 3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern - 3 (1.7%)
Venom - 4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man - 17 (9.7%)
Total Voters: 175

Pages:  1 ... 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 ... 492
Author Topic: Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)  (Read 1587297 times)
Mewtwo2000
The Stage Master
Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1770 on: November 08, 2010, 02:35:05 PM »

Thanks to you for liking it ^^

BTW, one of my older stages is now reborn

Reutilized lugia's bubbles to make those shiny stars behind Ho-oh and some clouds. It looks really nice ^^

I've also made the FD version, which was not made yet. There's already an 'unofficial' stage with Ho-oh and FD's platform, but mine has a better lighting... And well, I'm who made the Ho-oh stage, so I can do whatever I want with it, don't I? O.o

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• Awards Heart Container Ceiling Cat Fiery Topic KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1771 on: November 08, 2010, 03:48:10 PM »

even if you edited it still looks good.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #1772 on: November 08, 2010, 03:50:57 PM »

Thanks to you for liking it ^^

BTW, one of my older stages is now reborn

Reutilized lugia's bubbles to make those shiny stars behind Ho-oh and some clouds. It looks really nice ^^

I've also made the FD version, which was not made yet. There's already an 'unofficial' stage with Ho-oh and FD's platform, but mine has a better lighting... And well, I'm who made the Ho-oh stage, so I can do whatever I want with it, don't I? O.o

Wow now that's what I'm talking about man.

See, I told you just by doing a simple recolor to fit the theme makes a huge difference Wink

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #1773 on: November 08, 2010, 04:52:12 PM »

Tongue

Hard work is hard... I'm now re-doing the sacred stones in Temple of Time because there were not enough frames to be realistic, as you can see in the video I made showing the Hyrule stage concept... In that video, there were 14 frames per stone. Now, there will be 45 per stone. Much work... But the result is amazing, they really seem 3D O.o

I've finished the green one, and the other 2 are half made >.<

Stage shadows tutorial

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

« Reply #1774 on: November 08, 2010, 06:13:46 PM »

How are you generating the images you're using for each frame? It can't be that you're drawing them all...

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #1775 on: November 08, 2010, 06:33:01 PM »

I have the 3D models in max... And I rendered each one after rotating. Lot of work, but it's already done ^^U

Now they're very realistic xD

Stage shadows tutorial

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

« Reply #1776 on: November 08, 2010, 07:01:23 PM »

Yeah I imagined that ^^U

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #1777 on: November 08, 2010, 07:08:56 PM »

Stones finished... Going to sleep... Night night... Zzzz U_u

Stage shadows tutorial

TehRequester
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1778 on: November 08, 2010, 07:24:22 PM »

Hey Mewtwo, is it possible to change the in between wind-ish area of the Castle Siege stage? If so, you should make it like the effect in OoT when you time travel.

Iced_Shadows
    Hyper Kitten

How dare you read this text! IT'S PERSONAL!!!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1779 on: November 08, 2010, 09:10:54 PM »

Wow! Loving all the new projects you've got going Mewtwo. =D I'm also glad to see the Zoness idea in there. Can't wait for a teaser!!!

The idea of a 3D Great Bay also excites me... a lot. o_o; Also, do you think you'll be able to add Tingle to the stage once it is 3D?
    « Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 09:13:13 PM by Iced_Shadows » Logged

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• Awards Heart Container Ceiling Cat Fiery Topic KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1780 on: November 08, 2010, 10:49:51 PM »

Yeah i also wondering are you gonna make the great bay stage into the one from melee like make them same in every way.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #1781 on: November 10, 2010, 02:20:49 AM »

Hi everyone xD

Today (wednesday, nov 10) I'm updating (again O.o) on the kc-mm blog.

The update will be hopefully this afternoon/evening, and will be a stage pack. You may know that Phantom Wings has made a new version of his Stage Roster Expansion code, aswell as a tracklist modifier code allowing the extra stages to have music other than battlefield's.

I'll be updating with some info about the update during the day. The first thing is, the stage pack will have (if nothing changes during the day) 16 stages, all mine. I mean, I'm not including other's work, and the stages included will be representative of mine.

More info will come later

Stage shadows tutorial

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #1782 on: November 10, 2010, 02:47:08 AM »

Sounds interesting man, looking forward to it.

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #1783 on: November 10, 2010, 07:14:41 AM »

Starting with info about the featured stages:

First one:

FOURSIDE

As it couldn't be in another way, Fourside is one of the stages in the pack. Fourside is a stage that comes from melee, as you may know. I started it at the beginning of this year (2010) and the first public pictures were shown in my original thread at smashboards.

This is the first picture I showed to people, if I'm not wrong

And this is the stage now

After doing a few stages like Dead Rayquaza's Lake or Falcon Flyer, I thought that having a stage with lots of stage builder blocks emulating the custom stages over normal stages would be interesting. Then, I saw a Fourside hack in stacksmash, which was a simple city texture for one of the stage builders. I decided using that one as a base to test if making a stage with blocks was really possible, so I started placing blocks in a normal stage based on wifi room. Progress came quickly and it started to get shape. Then, I figured how to change the textures used by the blocks, and started doing something different to an adaptation of a stage builder stage. I textured each building with different textures, and imported a different model to improve the shape of the main building. Finally, I made the UFO with two spheres. And everybody was amazed with the stage.

Then, I abandoned the stage some time because of how difficult and time consuming was making an accurate version of the stage from melee. You must know that in those days, brawlbox had not the useful collision editor yet, and I was doing collisions by hexing, just following some basics that Phantom Wings revealed in a post. So the only way to see how was the stage going, and how were the collisions working, was playing on the wii. And that was frustating sometimes.

Well, after a few other stages, some day I decided to continue the stage, and set a release date. Having a release date, I couldn't get lazy anymore. So, I finished the first beta, and many people loved it.

After the first release, I made some versions of Fourside featuring the daytime, with different textures for the background buildings. I made it sunny, dusk and rainy. Then I left the stage quiet some more time.

After some research, I found interesting the idea of flooding Fourside, and I released a new daytime version, with water. Using my acquired knowledge while doing other stages, I succeeded at resizing it to the melee size in no time, using a 3D model from melee as a reference.

Now the original stage and the melee one coexist, and they're in different brawlvault entries. I'm keeping the old one updated according to the melee one. The melee sized is the one in the stage pack.

Some additional info of this stage:

- First stage made with the stage builder blocks method
    - Mushroom Kingdom 64 was started later to Fourside, and was released before, making it the first stage builder block stage available to everyone.
    - Originally, the way the UFO was dissapearing was a trick, it flew far far away into the background once each 2 frames, giving the illusion of dissapearing, while it was still there, with the same size, and same collisions. The dissapearing sequence is now made differently. The way to completely dissapear is just a resize to 0, that has not changed yet. That will be improved soon.
    - Custom made stages weren't usually edited by other hackers until this stage appeared. Moonside was made from Fourside twice.
    - This stage was the first one I sent instructions with to change some options. An alternate background from the first betas can be triggered inside the file. There's also an alternate moon.

Info for other stages will be coming shortly Tongue

Stage shadows tutorial

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #1784 on: November 10, 2010, 08:23:25 AM »

Second featured stage:

WHAT IS LOVE: MARIO VILLAINS

This classic stage couldn't be missing the stage pack. Everybody knows the Saturday Night Live parody featuring Jim Carrey, and the tons of versions made from the original gif everywhere in the internet. One day, I thought of trying to do a stage from my personal favorite one. I imagined a way to animate 2D backgrounds and made it. The hard part was recoloring the frames, cause I only got a black & white version of it. So, the image in the stage is not Sklavenbrause's gif really, but a recolor of a greyscaled version of her gif.

When I released it, it got completely ignored. Here's the day I released it. People did not even see the stage until I reposted it and said it was animated. Then everybody was surprised.

This is the stage:

Some additional info of this stage:

- First gif-like stage in the internet.
    - People liked it, but they didn't make they own retextures until the earthbound version was made.
    - What Is Love: Earthbound Heroes can be considered just a recolor of this original stage.
    - I changed the way the stage is animated twice. Originally, frames were growing and minishing by frames. This didn't work well when slow-motion, like end of match or Final Smashes.
    - The second animation method is the one used until today in the files in the Vault. The frames are not resized anymore, they're just moved a little in the Z axis, doing a much better effect. Robz's animated stages and other stages based on what is love use this method.
    - The third animation method was introduced in Alternative Mario Circuit, but nobody noticed it. In a special version of this stage, the screen was airing the Mario Villains animation in the background. The animation method used there is the new one.
    - My Temple of Time stage features a extended version of this animation method. While Mario Villains is a 8-frame animation, Temple of Time uses 3 animations with 45 frames each. This is used in the spiritual stones, which are 2D.
    - The stage was ported to 75m as a request. Since this, it has been a 75m replacing stage, and Robz's stages are 75m-based because of this.
    - Fighting this stage while playing 'What Is Love' is really awesome xD

Info for other stages will be coming shortly Tongue

Stage shadows tutorial

Pages:  1 ... 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 ... 492
    Print
    Jump to: