Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What would you like me to release next?
Melee Mute City - 73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley - 31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky - 17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle - 14 (8%)
Fire Temple - 13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut - 3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern - 3 (1.7%)
Venom - 4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man - 17 (9.7%)
Total Voters: 175

Pages:  1 ... 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 ... 492
Author Topic: Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)  (Read 1602871 times)
Mewtwo2000
The Stage Master
Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1785 on: November 10, 2010, 09:04:37 AM »

Other 2 stages:

HEARTGOLD FINAL DESTINATION

While we could say this stage is new itself, the Ho-oh stage is quite old. I'm including the Final Destination version because of the platform, which is prefered by most people to the one in the wifi room. But the original stage is this one

The stage included in the pack looks like this:

It was made when Pokemon HeartGold was out, as a tribute to that great Pokemon game. The 'press start' screen in this game features a Ho-oh flying in the sky. This is a picture:

Took it as epic, and got the Ho-oh model in Brawl to make the stage. The textures of the background are edited by me, and I took the original ones from the results screen, if I'm not mistaken. That background is the same as the one used in Venom. It's just the halberd one, which features an animated sky, obviously good for this stage idea. I needed to edit Ho-oh's animations, cause the original ones weren't good in my opinion. Too fast, and weird for a rectiline flight. So this stage took my some time because of the animation.

Some additional info of this stage:

- HeartGold Intro was the base for SoulSilver intro.
    - SoulSilver Final Destination was the base for HeartGold Final Destination.
    - The stars in Ho-oh's back are the same as Lugia's bubbles.
    - The animated clouds that are not part of the background model are the same as the bigger bubbles in the SoulSilver stages.
    - [url)http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=944&Moderated=All]Flamegoop[/url]'s first stage was a Final Destination version of my HeartGold stage. He has also made a Smashville version of my stage.
    - The wifi room platform used in the original version was one of the first polygon deletions in Brawl hacking. I first used it for a Smash Skiff with that platform that I was requested when I was doing my first hacks. Polygon deletion programs came later.

SOULSILVER FINAL DESTINATION

The SoulSilver intro stage was requested many times after I showed the HeartGold one. Actually, people prefered Lugia to Ho-oh, and they wanted a SoulSilver stage to have a cooler stage. This was a little troublesome, cause water was more difficult to make than sky, and the SoulSilver intro stage is pretty near to the sea bottom. Also, Lugia's animations were even worse than Ho-oh's, and I had to animate it to make it swim. That was a big challenge.

I decided to make Lugia swim higher, so the gameplay was the same as Ho-oh's stage. Another option I was having was having a collisioned sea bottom that, with lugia's speed, would kill you if you stayed quiet, similar to Big Blue. But I prefered make it Ho-oh like. Also, I mastered fogs in Brawlbox, and made a very good environment for the water.

This is the stage:

- As said before, I made Lugia's stage from Ho-oh's. I still have a beta stage with lugia swimming in Ho-oh's sky with a different lighting.
    - The mud and small bubbles in the original intro came to be bigger bubbles for this stage. It made no sense using mud being that high respect to the sea ground.
    - I did a mistake with a FD platform stage, forgot one texture, and that made the crystals in the center of the stage to be red in the beginning. This was fixed when I made a Kyogre stage from this.
    - To have a working environment, I placed 4 Halberd backgrounds as walls for the stage. The deep fog doesn't allow you too see what's in there.
    - I've recently fixed the bubbles a little. The ones after Lugia are now dissapearing smoothly. The same effect is used in Ho-oh's stars.
    - The background texture was directly taken from SoulSilver, in the no$gba emulator. After a little editing, it has become a great base texture for the sea bottom.

Info for other stages will be coming shortly Tongue

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #1786 on: November 10, 2010, 09:45:37 AM »

Other 2 stages, with these they are 6 from the 16

SECTOR Z

This stage is the evolution of a small fix I made to a Corneria texture my brother downloaded once upon a time. This is the first picture I made to the stage in its first state

The difference with the original one was just the background. While the original stage was corneria with a different texture in the sky, I replaced the whole background with a single model with that texture. Anyway, I didn't like it at all because it wasn't the Z in Starfox64.

Time after that, I was given a sector Z background rip without the Z. I took the Z myself from Starfox 64 and made this teaser:

And after this, I discontinued the stage for a long time. I was told about a better looking one and I just abandoned mine. Anyway, I kept it for me in my game.

Then, when I made a poll for my STGCUSTOM pack this summer, and I posted it as a possibility, my sector Z was selected, and I resumed it. I cleaned a little the light effects (blue reflects from corneria) and made it work properly over Corneria, even being big size. Arwings are working perfectly without trespassing anything. And the stage still works over FD if needed, without the airwings.

This is the final stage:

- The first and only properly working big sized Great Fox over Corneria.
    - The textures in the ship are almost untouched. Only the star fox logo and symbol are touched, having a color more similar to the one in SSB64.
    - The Z is not part of the background. It's a separate model.
    - The Z is the same model as Fourside's moon. You will be always facing the Z.
    - That Z, which first was a moon, earlier was an UFO. It was used in some beta testings in earlier versions of Fourside, and it's taken from Smashville.
    - This stage, which was about to be suspended and not released, has now more than 700 downloads in the vault count. These are always less than the real thing when you look to mediafire.

VENOM

This stage is just Great Fox facing you, like melee's Venom. There was already some Venom stage, but it was in the space. So I made mine with halberd's background, which is more like a planet like Venom. The stage looked like this:

Time before, after fixing some collisions and adding a spawning arwing, I posted it into the vault. Then the stage became like this:

There's much work to do with this one. I need to get a good background and revamp it completely. Anyway, it's not a bad stage and I'm proud of it.

- In the beginning, Kurobit was supposed to make Venom, which was in my plans. And I was supposed to make Hyrule 64, which was in his plans too. Finally, I ended doing Venom and Kurobit started Hyrule 64, but he didn't finish it.
    - This is the first stage in which I actually edited lighting. I already had imported lights from a scenedata to another, but I had never edited a light to make it brighter before.
    - The stage is working over Corneria, but the arwing is not controlled by the stage. It's a custom one.
    - For this stage, I needed to make some work to get shadows working working well. The shape of the ship wasn't helping me. Great Fox only cast shadows in the upper parts, used by corneria, not wings.
    - While trying to keep the camera from trespassing the ship, I placed a larger invisible ship to keep it away. I was never sure if this did anything at all.
    - That invisible model was used to place the lasers from corneria before.

Stage shadows tutorial

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #1787 on: November 10, 2010, 10:19:00 AM »

HYRULE CASTLE 64

What can I say about this stage? It was one of the first stages I thought of making in the beginning, everybody wanted me to do it, it was simple and fun... But then a 2D version appeared, made by Kurobit. After that, a higher resolution version appeared, and Kurobit himself started it in 3D using my block method... So I did not do it... Until the moment in which I realized that there were 3 Hyrule Castle projects going on in a certain time, 2 of them in the same hacking team, and I took it as a challenge. So, while in exams, I started my own version without having my wii with me. I made the stage in a record time, I tested it, I gave it a very good lighting, and released it before anybody else. Everybody loved the stage. And the one who loved it the most is me. Accurate as hell, perfect size, and funny like in the old N64 days. So this is the stage we're talking about:

- I was requested to resize the stage twice, even being almost perfect in size. The 92% size version has become the default one.
    - None of the other 3 stage projects has been finished. Some kinda surrender when seen mine, other just lost their work.
    - Many versions of this stage were made before mine, in various placements and using HD textures.
    - Even myself, I've made my own re-hacks from this one. One is replacing the bridge in Bridge of Eldin. The other is replacing the castle in Bridge of Eldin.
    - This stage works perfectly over Temple and Eldin. Pirate ship isn't compatible yet.
    - I'm going to make a castle seige-like stage and Hyrule castle 64 will be one of the 3 parts.

Stage shadows tutorial

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #1788 on: November 10, 2010, 11:35:30 AM »

FACILITY

The Goldeneye stage. A very accurate representation of the place where the second mission takes place. You fight in the corridor you find when you go down the stairs when exiting the WC room. The stage has ceilings, and the gameplay is strange. But, despite the number of downloads it has in the vault, many people seem to like this stage. So, it's included in the stage pack too.

- I made it this summer when I was in vacation, spending most time working or with my girlfriend
    - I started the alternate version, Felicity, when the stage was not yet finished. I thought it would be cool to release both of them at the same time without having said a single word about the retexture.
    - I made a special version in which the walls near to the camera don't look well while playing. This was made on purpose so every wall is visible when you're doing snapshots in that stage.
    - When I had the idea of making this stage, I named it project F, aka project Facility.
    - There's a Final Destination version of this stage, featuring the FD platform flying in the middle of a gigantic Facility stage. It's my least downloaded stage as of yet.

Stage shadows tutorial

Oshtoby
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Famous Hacker Favorite'd Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1789 on: November 10, 2010, 01:31:58 PM »

VENOM

This stage is just Great Fox facing you, like melee's Venom. There was already some Venom stage, but it was in the space. So I made mine with halberd's background, which is more like a planet like Venom. The stage looked like this:

*PICTURE*

Time before, after fixing some collisions and adding a spawning arwing, I posted it into the vault. Then the stage became like this:

*PICTURE*

There's much work to do with this one. I need to get a good background and revamp it completely. Anyway, it's not a bad stage and I'm proud of it.

- In the beginning, Kurobit was supposed to make Venom, which was in my plans. And I was supposed to make Hyrule 64, which was in his plans too. Finally, I ended doing Venom and Kurobit started Hyrule 64, but he didn't finish it.
    - This is the first stage in which I actually edited lighting. I already had imported lights from a scenedata to another, but I had never edited a light to make it brighter before.
    - The stage is working over Corneria, but the arwing is not controlled by the stage. It's a custom one.
    - For this stage, I needed to make some work to get shadows working working well. The shape of the ship wasn't helping me. Great Fox only cast shadows in the upper parts, used by corneria, not wings.
    - While trying to keep the camera from trespassing the ship, I placed a larger invisible ship to keep it away. I was never sure if this did anything at all.
    - That invisible model was used to place the lasers from corneria before.
    On the note of Venom, did you ever release a Melee sized version of this stage? I remember you releasing it and it being much bigger than it should have been, with your excuse being "It's bigger in order to fit the Brawl play style." If you have, and it's in the pictures you posted here, I apologize. I am at work, and the site you use for posting photos is blocked, so the pictures you post come up blank for me.
    « Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 01:38:29 PM by Oshtoby » Logged

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #1790 on: November 10, 2010, 02:02:44 PM »

If I said that, I don't understand why O.o

I like porting stage the more accurate possible, and doing a bigger stage because the play style is different in brawl doesn't fit me at all.

Anyway, you're the proper person to help me to fix this. Would you mind to send me 2-3 captures from melee venom? And I would like having FD too. I know I've not done any other stage yet from the ones you sent me, but I would like having them... For the future... O.o

Stage shadows tutorial

Link40
    Extreme Kitten

You can not resist the power of the Wunderwaffe !

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #1791 on: November 10, 2010, 02:05:56 PM »

Mewtwo, a question. When will ToT be released ? And what is the other OoT stage you're working on ? Happy Face

Oshtoby
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1792 on: November 10, 2010, 02:12:12 PM »

If I said that, I don't understand why O.o

I like porting stage the more accurate possible, and doing a bigger stage because the play style is different in brawl doesn't fit me at all.

Anyway, you're the proper person to help me to fix this. Would you mind to send me 2-3 captures from melee venom? And I would like having FD too. I know I've not done any other stage yet from the ones you sent me, but I would like having them... For the future... O.o

Would you like a capture of all the stages from Melee? Heck, I can even get all of them from the original N64 Super Smash Brothers if you want. Anything you need, I'll get you, as long as you keep outputting these radical retro rumble realm restorations.
    « Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 02:17:17 PM by Oshtoby » Logged

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #1793 on: November 10, 2010, 02:41:30 PM »

I can get N64s myself, but anything from melee is always interesting, though I can't assure you I'm doing all of them ^^U

What I would like is certain capture from another game, but I don't think you're having it ^^U xD

And that would be asking too much ^^UUU

BTW, next stage featured tonight in the pack

ALIVE RAYQUAZA'S LAKE

This stage was an idea I had time after I made another rayquaza stage you probably don't know. The Dead Rayquaza's lake. That stage was the lake, and rayquaza fell from the air to the lake, and stayed fainted in the background. My original idea was having a looped animation, and Rayquaza watching the match. But in that moment, nobody knew how to loop animations in stages. So only a not-looped animation could be used. That's why I used his fainting animation edited to fall into the lake.

So, Alive Rayquaza's Lake is Dead Rayquaza's resurrection. While he wasn't doing anything but dying in the first stage, in the new one he would be alive, and not only that, but attacking the fighters. And the possibility came to me after acquiring some knowledge while fixing a stage for plasmakirby, a stage in which darkrai was in dialga's place, in a big sized green greens simulating newmoon island from pokemon. I did learn how to move the spawning pokemon while helping with this stage, and I used it to move Rayquaza in my stage.

I had to edit many of Rayquaza's animations to make it look fine before I released the stage. In youtube I have 3-4 videos showing how the animations have evolved from the first betas. I also added pokemon seeing the number of free modeldatas in the stage, and used some pokepark models for this. As they weren't working too well to replace characters, why not having them working perfectly in a stage?

So this is it.

- Rayquaza appears from the water. In the first betas, he just appeared from a dark cloud, just like dialga or palkia.
    - The attack form deoxys appears only in the beginning of the match
    - That deoxys does have a reflect underwater. Most unnoticeable, just a detail.
    - Pichu makes his return to smash bros as a moving character. And comes with Raichu.
    - There's a red gyarados in the lake. I saw Lensho doing the lake of rage with the gyarados trophy with a red texture, and I thought myself: I can do that. And better. And many times in the same stage. So I included 3 gyarados, one of them shiny in the lake battlefield stage, which was done quickly by request.
    - After Lake Battlefield, I decided including the 3 gyarados in Alive Rayquaza's lake.
    - Deoxys and Rayquaza appear together in a pokemon movie. That's why they are so near, and why there are 2 deoxys in the stage.

More stages info in a few minutes ^^U
    « Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 04:30:02 PM by Mewtwo2000 » Logged

Stage shadows tutorial

Oshtoby
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1794 on: November 10, 2010, 02:44:47 PM »

I can get N64s myself, but anything from melee is always interesting, though I can't assure you I'm doing all of them ^^U

What I would like is certain capture from another game, but I don't think you're having it ^^U xD

And that would be asking too much ^^UUU
    At least ask by PM. I'll see if I can give it to you.

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• Awards Heart Container Ceiling Cat Fiery Topic KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1795 on: November 10, 2010, 03:19:01 PM »

You made so meny great stages for people to enjoy all this info makes me think your the best stage maker that i ever seen you make good stages and places that we the players enjoy, like bringing other games into brawl and i would like to say keep up the good work Mewtwo2000 Wink
    « Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 03:20:14 PM by Crobspencer » Logged

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #1796 on: November 10, 2010, 04:22:13 PM »

Thanks Crobspencer Smiley

Another stage.

CRISIS CITY

Crisis City, the City consumed by the flames of disaster. Plasmakirby told me about the concept of the stage, and asked me to make the stages, while he would make some textures. I found a good spot to play in Corneria after searching all around the city, and placed the first fallen building. After adding the lava effects from Norfair, I included Silver, Blaze and Mephiles into the stage. In further versions, I added some chaos emeralds shining, and a way to go under the buildings. The version in the pack features new textures for the fallen buildings, slighly better than the ones used before. The stage is not perfect, there's some fake lava, and the magma waves don't always burn. Anyway, it's a funny and interesting stage.

- Plasmakirby wanted this stage to go with his Project Silver, having it as his official stage
    - The idea of adding Silver amazed everybody
    - Blaze is 2D. She was supposed to be 3D with an imported model, but I had some unavoidable problems and I ended making a snapshot of her and placing it as a substitute for the 3D model. The textures of the 3D model can still be found in the file.
    - There was an annoying building getting in the way in the first version, I vertexed it out.
    - I made a FD version of this stage, featuring the FD platform flying over the city. Every animation was kept in that version, so Silver and Mephiles are still there if you look closely.
    - It's made to go with Norfair, but you can play it over FD and you will have a not burning stage.

Stage shadows tutorial

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• Awards Heart Container Ceiling Cat Fiery Topic KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1797 on: November 10, 2010, 04:29:18 PM »

Your Welcome Smiley

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #1798 on: November 10, 2010, 04:43:59 PM »

ALTERNATIVE MARIO CIRCUIT

One of my first, and latest stages too. I mean, I originally made the alternate stage as a different static location for Mario Circuit. The first zone in the new stage is what the old stage was. For those who don't know the stage, Alternative Mario Circuit is Mario Circuit with a flying platform taking you to different locations in the circuit. Many collision objects were needed in this stage in order to make it, cause every location was different in terms of collisions. Also, I had to add shadows to the whole stages, and this was not as easy in certain not flat areas. I succeeded, and the stage is really good in my opinion.

- The stage was having a weird glitch with an invisible object to hit. This was fixed just before the stage was released.
    - The platform casts a shadow in the ground. When the platform goes into the ground, the shadow dissapears. When you're in the air, the shadow's still in the ground. This may seem obvious, but that was not simple to do.
    - The pokemon trainers are the ones who can stay in the ground not dying. If a pokemon trainer is where the platform appears, he will go on the platform and will fly with the fighters.
    - I made the screen feature the What Is Love animation to show my skills. This ended being only a funny detail
    - The stage could have visited more places in the stage, but at some angles the stage is unfinished. I tried to keep the camera angle in a way that you never see the unfinished parts of the background.
    - If you replace the texturedata from a simple Mario Circuit retexture, Alternate Mario Circuit will get retextured instantly. Only the added platform will remain the same.

Stage shadows tutorial

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #1799 on: November 10, 2010, 05:00:53 PM »

BATTLEFIELD 64

The fighting polygon team stage, from SSB64. I really liked that stage and I thought that it was a shame not being able to play it. So, seeing how simple it is, and how much I had improved my techniques, I started this stage, and made it almost entirely in a day. Only the platforms were left after a little vertex hacking. Then, seeing that my technique was even better than that, I made a perfect resize of this stage to match Brawl's proportions. I'm planning to include brawl's collisions into the brawl sized version so it doesn't desynch on wifi.

By the way, the stage included in the pack is the N64 sized version.

- First N64 made by me in a completely accurate way
    - Made it really fast
    - They're all stage builder blocks with edited vertices
    - I used anim8tor to make these vertex hacks. 3DMax was faster, but less accurate.
    - This is the first stage in which I used a mix of lights. I picked the character light from another stage and applied to mine.

Stage shadows tutorial

Pages:  1 ... 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 ... 492
    Print
    Jump to: