Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)

Started by Mewtwo2000, March 16, 2010, 02:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

What would you like me to release next?

Melee Mute City
73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley
31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky
17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle
14 (8%)
Fire Temple
13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut
3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern
3 (1.7%)
Venom
4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man
17 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 175

April 16, 2011, 01:59:42 PM #3630 Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 02:10:13 PM by Mewtwo2000
If it was like that, it wouldn't be that fun to make to me xD

About dae to mdl0 conversion (near to be a reality), I guess that when that time comes, stage making will lose some interest to me. I mean, everybody will be able to copy/paste models from other games, and my stages will lose all their sense. Why building a stage when you can import it? That's why, I guess, the new era that's about to begin will be the beginning of the end of my hacks... Unless I combine my method with the new one, and things are not that easy like I'm saying... After all, one thing is importing, and another one is importing properly...

By the way, I bring you 3 new pictures, I've been working on the stage, and more parts of the stage are complete now. They weren't visible when playing, but that doesn't mean that they don't need to be there. Also, an alternate angle to play (second and third pictures) needs some of the previously unseen elements in the background.







Yeah, the stage looks almost finished, but it will get some delay. I mean, don't expect it for the next days, cause I gotta study for an exam these days. Also, the place isn't complete yet, and there are many thingies I want to make first. So, if you want this stage, be a little patient please ^^U
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Looking good, Mewtwo O.o
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Well, it seems that the end is near for all Stage hackers, I mean when I make a stage the funniest thing is build the whole thing, and I always though it was amazing how someone start a stage from 0 and this one become awesome. I usually take some time to finish one stage and I always like the finished product but with this converter the stages would be done in no time and they'll be better than the ones that Stage Hackers do because it's imported. I think everyone will lost interest like you said...that's a huge step for Brawl hacking but it's a little sad because much stage hackers won't be able to build their stages anymore.

Anyway, what others say is right, model importing will mean new possibilities, like using parts with bones, and being able to animate them. It will have good and bad things.

What I hope is that people are respectful and don't start making stages like the ones I'm half-done once this thingy starts. Like I've just said in the other thread, I would get really mad if somebody imported Peach's Castle before I finish/release mine.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

I suggest we keep the discussion on "the future of MDL0" in it's thread.

In here, it's off-topic.
This is to discuss Mewtwo2000's projects.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


The future of MDL0 affects my projects... In fact, my future projects depend on what happens once MDL0 importing is real O.o
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Mewtwo, I'm gonna miss you alot if you leave. Hopefully you can find a mix between importing and your method to stay happy ^_^

Thanks to soul for this sexy siggy!
Central Thread:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=21501.msg402601#msg402601

Eh, maybe model importing will have too many glitches? :PHehe, I hope so anyway, that way the soul of Brawl hacking can stay.

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on April 16, 2011, 03:42:09 PM
The future of MDL0 affects my projects... In fact, my future projects depend on what happens once MDL0 importing is real O.o

^
Exactly
Imagine it
you could make any stage from any game (that uses mdl0)
Then use your mewtwo ness to make it even more awesome >=D

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on April 16, 2011, 04:09:23 PM
^
Exactly
Imagine it
you could make any stage from any game (that uses mdl0)

The importer will allow turning any model into mdl0.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Why not build models from scratch yourself?
I mean, we've always been limited by the existing models, no need to only make stages directly from games.

For example, take great bay from melee. It's an area of Majora's mask, right? but the Melee devs didn't USE the N64 model. They re-imagined the thing, making it 2-5 times as epic as the original!

FC: 2191-7379-6272

April 16, 2011, 05:22:02 PM #3641 Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 05:55:31 PM by Mewtwo2000
Building models from scratch is what I do. I mean, there's no model I can import from Grunty's Lair, so everything there is built with new models. Those models combined make the bigger model. I know what you mean, not taking things from games, but building them. I prefer them to look the most accurate to the original, like if you were playing that game. Great Bay is an exception, there was no way to make a stage like that with the models facing the way they were in Majora's. Anyway, that model-changing stuff is already in my mind with a certain stage I'm planning. The place I want to make is epic, but there's no way to play on it normally, so I will change some locations for some models so it gets playable. That stage will be started soon, hopefully, you'll see what I mean.

But what I mean is that I don't want to change my mind in how to make stages just because there's a new method in which anybody could make what I make. That's not comfortable. I don't want to make deformed versions of stages from other games just because other people are importing the original thing already. So, my only option is making the stages I want, the way I want, and if a stage is made by another, and I like it, using it to play. And, if I don't like it, doing it myself if I want to. Just like I've been doing lately.

I hope things don't change too much, and if they change, they're changing as a good thing.

Well, let's get the MDL0 discussion over, doesn't matter what happens with that xD

New video of Grunty's Lair:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzK7KSPbVW8
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Every new update this stage look more awesome than it was!
I notice you rotated the camera C-Clockwise from the previous version. You'll release both angles or you'll keep that one?
~ joaowojcikiewicz
Check out my threads!
~Music Hacks~
~Texture Hacks~

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on April 16, 2011, 03:31:37 PM
What I hope is that people are respectful and don't start making stages like the ones I'm half-done once this thingy starts. Like I've just said in the other thread, I would get really mad if somebody imported Peach's Castle before I finish/release mine.

This all day. Same goes to Temple of Time, Ganondorf's Tower, and Water Temple that I'm working on.

A lot of people, mostly non stage hackers don't know how much time these things take.

I honestly think it's your fault for making it look so accurate, and working on it so fast lol you make it look so easy man.

Quote from: gabrielwoj and joaowojcikiewicz on April 16, 2011, 07:30:19 PM
Every new update this stage look more awesome than it was!
I notice you rotated the camera C-Clockwise from the previous version. You'll release both angles or you'll keep that one?
~ joaowojcikiewicz

Both, of course. And maybe some one more.

Quote from: ItalianStallion on April 16, 2011, 07:34:14 PM
This all day. Same goes to Temple of Time, Ganondorf's Tower, and Water Temple that I'm working on.

A lot of people, mostly non stage hackers don't know how much time these things take.

I honestly think it's your fault for making it look so accurate, and working on it so fast lol you make it look so easy man.

You're right, I guess I should be a little slower so people understand how time consuming making a stage is :P
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial