Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)

Started by Mewtwo2000, March 16, 2010, 02:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

What would you like me to release next?

Melee Mute City
73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley
31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky
17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle
14 (8%)
Fire Temple
13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut
3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern
3 (1.7%)
Venom
4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man
17 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 175



Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on May 16, 2011, 10:32:52 AM
What I mean with angle is... Erm... How could I explain? That would be something like 'lens' angle or something...

Is the angle of vision. The wider, the more things you can see, but the distance is the same...

This picture tries to explain...

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/5028/cameraangle.jpg

You seem to be moving the camera back, cause you see more things in the scene. But the camera isn't moved, but the angle of the visual rays. Try to use an angle near to 180 to notice the effect.
Ah, this makes much more sense, thanks ^^ this program really helps.

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on May 17, 2011, 11:58:44 PM



Now I've re-made a little his remake of my remake of this SSB64 stage.



Hope somebody notices the change... >.<

...
EDIT2: Some progress made in FoD, for those who are wondering about it. Slow progress is slow, but it's gonna look really cool in my opinion xD



I noticed the change...I just can't put my finger on what exactly was changed - seems kinda subtle. Seems likethe main change is the color of the stone in the pillar. Also, great work on FoD...One thing odd I noticed though is that DDD's shadow extends past the stage.  Is there a way to make the shadows end at the stage boundary? Something to look into later.  Nonetheless, FoD is beautiful and continues to improve.  Will the ice creams have the rotating rings when you finish, or will that make the file too big?

Ah I forgot you had Bowser's Castle Wii with the Shadow System but you had it over Mario Circuit.

Anyway I just moved your shadow models already set in position into the original Bowser Castle, and just attached them to the respective model, and huzzah.

Epic work sir, I know it's simple but it definitely needed shadows.

I am now on a mission to give all my stages in Brawl that don't have shadows or custom lighting, one.

Quote from: amount18 on May 18, 2011, 05:03:15 AM
I noticed the change...I just can't put my finger on what exactly was changed - seems kinda subtle. Seems likethe main change is the color of the stone in the pillar. Also, great work on FoD...One thing odd I noticed though is that DDD's shadow extends past the stage.  Is there a way to make the shadows end at the stage boundary? Something to look into later.  Nonetheless, FoD is beautiful and continues to improve.  Will the ice creams have the rotating rings when you finish, or will that make the file too big?

The rings will be easy to make, don't worry about them. About the shadows, don't worry either, cause I will edit them to be not-squared and fit better the boundaries.

Quote from: ItalianStallion on May 18, 2011, 07:04:39 AM
Ah I forgot you had Bowser's Castle Wii with the Shadow System but you had it over Mario Circuit.

Anyway I just moved your shadow models already set in position into the original Bowser Castle, and just attached them to the respective model, and huzzah.

Epic work sir, I know it's simple but it definitely needed shadows.

I am now on a mission to give all my stages in Brawl that don't have shadows or custom lighting, one.

That was not necessary, porting the stage doesn't mean losing the compatibility with the previous stage. Also, shadows aren't the only changes, the STPM (miscdata[10]) was changed too so pause and gameplay itself look better.

I suggest you to try my version over the stage you were using it over, it should work that way too.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on May 18, 2011, 09:17:02 AM
That was not necessary, porting the stage doesn't mean losing the compatibility with the previous stage. Also, shadows aren't the only changes, the STPM (miscdata[10]) was changed too so pause and gameplay itself look better.

I suggest you to try my version over the stage you were using it over, it should work that way too.

Oh alright, even better then thanks.

Now that I have this expansion pack, I use a lot of your stages now that I have so much room, and they are mostly all compatible with Final Destination.

Would you mind telling which are NOT FD Compatible? I guess that would be easier since most of your stages you've made them compatible with Final Destination. Aside from the obvious stuff like Norfair's Magma or Jungle Japes' Water, if you know what I mean.

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on May 17, 2011, 11:58:44 PM
Another thingy I've made. Some guy named Slashandz posted a modified version of my stage with... better graphics? Well, a textured version of Peach's Castle, and got more than 200 downloads with it. But it looked kinda weird to me, I mean, the lighting in there isn't natural. Bad textures I mean.



Now I've re-made a little his remake of my remake of this SSB64 stage.



Hope somebody notices the change... >.<

I'll upload my version in his entry, cause I'm labeled as a colaborator... O.o

EDIT: Here's the link with my update xD

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17747

EDIT2: Some progress made in FoD, for those who are wondering about it. Slow progress is slow, but it's gonna look really cool in my opinion xD



The light.

Quote from: ItalianStallion on May 18, 2011, 09:54:17 AM
Oh alright, even better then thanks.

Now that I have this expansion pack, I use a lot of your stages now that I have so much room, and they are mostly all compatible with Final Destination.

Would you mind telling which are NOT FD Compatible? I guess that would be easier since most of your stages you've made them compatible with Final Destination. Aside from the obvious stuff like Norfair's Magma or Jungle Japes' Water, if you know what I mean.

Norfair's magma... The attacking rayquaza (Spear Pillar)...

Right now, the only stage I can think of that doesn't work well over FD would be Alive Rayquaza's Lake. I mean, it probably works, but it may be a black screen or something, don't remember how I placed the models. Or it may freeze, cause the file is larger than usual in FD stages. For the others, even Crisis City is supposed to be working over FD, with the exception of the lava. Same to Zebes...

I may be wrong, but I guess this is it. Oh, well, Breakable Ganondorf's Tower isn't meant to work well either. Black screen for that one... But I guess I could be able to make it work well for FD...

I'll tell you later if that one can be fixed xD

Anyway, not important, cause there are many versions of that stage that go over FD.

If I remember any other stage not working fine over FD, I'll tell you.

EDIT: I've guessed a little, and the standard version of some night version of battlefield I made wasn't compatible with FD. But there's a FD-compatible version in the description in the vault xD

And I've not tested it lately, but Mushroom Kingdom Melee may be a little troublesome. Same to Mushroomy Underground, which is supposed to work only over the underground stage. Not tested anyway, so not sure.

About Mushroom Kingdom Melee, I have to update the entry with a slighly newer version I made some time ago, and I need to make some alternate versions with alternative blocks to be broken when over Yoshi's Island Melee, and the non-breakable version for FD.

I'm gonna see about it right now.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

wow fountain of dreams is getting good progress. cant wait to see it when its 100% finished with the ice cream cones and all. ;D
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


Hi, I've updated the STPM Tool with some small fixes and a small new feature:



The program now can visualize the contents of the backup file. This means that if you want to be comparing 2 different miscdata[10] files, you only need to rename the second one to miscdata[10]backup while the program is on.

The fixes are related to the save button, which now works well, and the backup file creation.

Also, I made a small tutorial the other day (it's outdated, talks about the things that needed to be fixed), here's the link:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=24284.0

And the vault link:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=18704
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

:D

Thank ^^

Awesome job dude ;)


You're right, sorry xD

I thought I was using a folder like I do with stages. Fixed.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on May 18, 2011, 05:50:30 PM
You're right, sorry xD

I thought I was using a folder like I do with stages. Fixed.

You sneaky psychic cat ;o

Cool thanks man!

On another note, I'm about to try your fully edited version of Bowser's Castle Wii.