Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)

Started by Mewtwo2000, March 16, 2010, 02:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

What would you like me to release next?

Melee Mute City
73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley
31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky
17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle
14 (8%)
Fire Temple
13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut
3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern
3 (1.7%)
Venom
4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man
17 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 175

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on May 23, 2011, 07:58:29 PM
Bad news: Some problem has come with FoD. While I'm having nice progress with the background stuff, the stage has reached the limit. I guess there's a model limit or something. The case is that, even deleting textures and having a filesize lower to 2MB, I can't seem to be having the 3 modeldatas working at once. While testing, I've only managed to make it work as a whole over Battlefield, using 4 modeldatas and not 3.

This is how the stage would look now:



So, I'm not 100% sure I'm able to continue the stage, at least the way I was doing it. I have to try every possibility, changing models from a modeldata to another may work. But this will take time.

PS: These are 177 models right now.

D=  awww nooo, that sucks!!! hope ur able to find a way to get it bak on track.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady


New facility is epic but I really want to see more progress on outside peach's castle SM64 still love your stages
Click here to find out how to be the best PSA maker in the universe.

Quote from: moleman915 on May 23, 2011, 08:42:07 PM
That is so heart breaking =[

Well, I'm continuing the right icecream thingy. My goal now is managing to finish it and try to not lose any other model because of it. I've disabled the garbage elements in the background to keep improving until the stage dies again.

Quote from: donaldthescotishtwin on May 23, 2011, 09:31:20 PM
New facility is epic but I really want to see more progress on outside peach's castle SM64 still love your stages

I'll post new progress on Peach's Castle tomorrow ;)
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

May 23, 2011, 09:33:30 PM #3919 Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 09:46:19 PM by donaldthescotishtwin
FFF yes look forward to it
Click here to find out how to be the best PSA maker in the universe.

Why you don't do some like GameWatching? YOu vertex a object some like the form.

Oh, and what it's happened for What is Love true?


I did vertex one object, but the texture was creepy in the upper part. I decided using multiple parts because of accuracy. Anyway, it's behaving well, I have most of the column made, with half of the garbage in the background, and still works O.o

About What Is Love... I suppose I still have the alpha somewhere. I will make it someday I suppose. Too bad my jigglypuff gif got deleted... T_T
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on May 23, 2011, 11:50:05 PM
I did vertex one object, but the texture was creepy in the upper part. I decided using multiple parts because of accuracy. Anyway, it's behaving well, I have most of the column made, with half of the garbage in the background, and still works O.o

F*ck yes!

I knew you would pull through man.

I remember when I would message you almost daily with random stage problems, and you always found a way to fix them ;)

Anyway, my game is loading right now, that means I'm about to try out Facility.

I downloaded the big portrait you included as well, but had to resize to 128x128 to fit libertyernie's Stage Expansion Pack.

Hey, you know those textures that are always facing towards the screen no matter how you rotate the camera? How do you make those? Or what I mean is, where can I get a model that does that so I can retexture it myself?

What do you mean when you say garbage? Stuff that's in the stage but isn't needed?
http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: hotdogturtle on May 23, 2011, 11:53:32 PM
Hey, you know those textures that are always facing towards the screen no matter how you rotate the camera? How do you make those? Or what I mean is, where can I get a model that does that so I can retexture it myself?

Yeah I always wondered that myself. It's something in the materials I believe.

I noticed Mewtwo did it for his Sector Z stage from Smash Bros. 64.

still awaiting that tutorial for the Block Builder tool x3

also, guessing u still havent had a chance to work/fix/finish on the animation for my stage?
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on May 23, 2011, 07:58:29 PM
Bad news: Some problem has come with FoD. While I'm having nice progress with the background stuff, the stage has reached the limit. I guess there's a model limit or something. The case is that, even deleting textures and having a filesize lower to 2MB, I can't seem to be having the 3 modeldatas working at once. While testing, I've only managed to make it work as a whole over Battlefield, using 4 modeldatas and not 3.

This is how the stage would look now:



So, I'm not 100% sure I'm able to continue the stage, at least the way I was doing it. I have to try every possibility, changing models from a modeldata to another may work. But this will take time.

PS: These are 177 models right now.

Well if you will not be able to find a solution to fit in the whole background, I would think it would be the best if you just delete the model of the right icecream-column and upload the stage on the vault as a new beta for now. Because the left side is already done and the whole stage looks great the way it is, even without the right Icecream.

And after you uploaded this as a new beta, youre still able to take enogh time to get ideas or do some trys about to complete it. While everyone is able to download your latest beta with the new background models on the left side, which also looks really amazing so far.

Just an idea.

May 24, 2011, 10:19:31 AM #3928 Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 10:20:36 AM by Mewtwo2000
Quote from: hotdogturtle on May 23, 2011, 11:53:32 PM
Hey, you know those textures that are always facing towards the screen no matter how you rotate the camera? How do you make those? Or what I mean is, where can I get a model that does that so I can retexture it myself?

That's the model, not the texture. It's a special model that moves like that.

I first used it in Fourside, for the moon. Well, it was a 2D ufo in the beginning, and I took it from Smashville. You can get it from Smashville, Fourside, Sector Z and Temple of Time (the 2D spirit stones are made with them xD)

Quote from: PAVGN on May 23, 2011, 11:54:24 PM
What do you mean when you say garbage? Stuff that's in the stage but isn't needed?

I mean those small 2D models with stars and stuff in the background, on the main platform. Somebody called them garbage once and I refer to them like that sometimes too... I guess the texture I use for them is called garbage indeed xD

Quote from: DSX8 on May 24, 2011, 05:57:35 AM
still awaiting that tutorial for the Block Builder tool x3

also, guessing u still havent had a chance to work/fix/finish on the animation for my stage?

I'm having a very limited time, I'm on my 2 last weeks of classes and I can't do things in the computer room. People are getting most of the computers at anytime because of how near the exams are...

So, I've not worked/fixed/finished with it yet. And my computer at home isn't good for it. I mean, to see the animation, it takes forever. That's why I haven't started the looped version of Ganon's Tower yet, Ganon needs a new animation and I'm not able to use good computers. I have to format some computer I have at home and try if it's better than my laptop, but I've not done it yet.

About the tutorial, sure, I'll try to get it done today

Quote from: Ryan on May 24, 2011, 06:41:32 AM
Well if you will not be able to find a solution to fit in the whole background, I would think it would be the best if you just delete the model of the right icecream-column and upload the stage on the vault as a new beta for now. Because the left side is already done and the whole stage looks great the way it is, even without the right Icecream.

And after you uploaded this as a new beta, youre still able to take enogh time to get ideas or do some trys about to complete it. While everyone is able to download your latest beta with the new background models on the left side, which also looks really amazing so far.

Just an idea.

I'm trying to complete the right model first. If I succeed, I will upload it as a new beta with both icecreams. If not, I may be uploading with both icecreams and half garbage, right icecream or left icecream. I will see about it. Right now, it still works, and the right icecream is almost finished. I've counted the number of models now, and it's greater than before, when it was freezing. And the garbage models are the same as icecream's. So, a new theory would be, it's not a model limit, but a loaded texture limit. I will check if this is true when I include the different garbage things, the ones a little more near to the action (those 5 different models you can see in the middle of the grass in the picture)
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Yeah.. Fountain of Dreams is a very big project youve been working on. I followed this process since the beginning of the first beta. I hope you will motivate yourself and continue to bring back Melee Stages.

Because im still hoping to see "Peach's Castle" and ESPECIALLY "Great Bay" in a proffesional look, like you does with "Fountain of Dreams".