Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)

Started by Mewtwo2000, March 16, 2010, 02:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

What would you like me to release next?

Melee Mute City
73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley
31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky
17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle
14 (8%)
Fire Temple
13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut
3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern
3 (1.7%)
Venom
4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man
17 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 175

That is one evil tornado.

*wonders how you did it*

Quote from: wannabee stagemakers on June 13, 2011, 02:54:23 AM
That is one evil tornado.

*demands tutorial in a whiny fashion*

^
This is so mewtwo's thread isn't flooded with such requesties :srs:
Still though....tutorial for doing this would be awesomesauce.

Quote from: ItalianStallion on June 13, 2011, 02:54:23 AM
That is one evil tornado.

*wonders how you did it*
Looks like moving collisions to me, similar to his teleporting trick in the Mario Bros. stage.

Mewtwo you genius. Why didn't I think of that?

Lol @ insta-kill tornados.
For the finished product, you know to make them appear at random :P
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


*Is Hyped and really really wanting Peach's Castle versions, alt. stage loader .gct code for custom stages, Dreamland, and Hyrule Temple with animated tornado!*

Quote from: TommoPuppy on June 13, 2011, 03:17:38 AM
Looks like moving collisions to me, similar to his teleporting trick in the Mario Bros. stage.

Mewtwo you genius. Why didn't I think of that?

That's what I thought at first, kinda like that stage ForOhFor made. I think there's more to it than that though.

I think its awesome that he made the tornado, but the thing is worrying me is how the turnado will effect the player, some of us want it to do what it did in N64, but right now is that even possible?...
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Quote from: Gamma Ridley on June 13, 2011, 01:53:32 AM
You are a little something I like to call "amazing."

Seriously. :srs:

Granted, it needs work, but still, that is just amazing...

Hopefully we'll get a fully functional tornado soon.

Keep up the good work. :]

Thanks =)

Quote from: 2DaMax92 on June 13, 2011, 02:00:45 AM
LOL! When did Hyrule Castle become a space station? They were takin' off like rockets! XD

But still, nice work Mewtwo! Can't wait to see the finished product!

xD

I'll try my best ^^U

Quote from: TommoPuppy on June 13, 2011, 03:17:38 AM
Looks like moving collisions to me, similar to his teleporting trick in the Mario Bros. stage.

Mewtwo you genius. Why didn't I think of that?

Quote from: ItalianStallion on June 13, 2011, 04:11:54 AM
That's what I thought at first, kinda like that stage ForOhFor made. I think there's more to it than that though.

It's just an out-of-bounds vertical teleport, same technique as Mushroom 64. I had really thought of it many time ago, but I was lazy about making some tornado model to test. I made one yesterday, and isn't very good looking, so I suppose I will need to make it again and maybe use another models (this one seems to be unable to show semitransparencies)

There's a little more really. There are a left and right walls inside the tornado, so once you're in, you can't escape easily. I mean, you can't run on it and avoid it, if you run through it, you will be caugh and teleported.

Quote from: Segtendo on June 13, 2011, 03:22:19 AM
Lol @ insta-kill tornados.
For the finished product, you know to make them appear at random :P

You read my mind xD

It will be moving to different locations in the stage, and it won't be always killing. You will be teleported a little high without being killed. That's my only option, cause this teleport thingy can't react to the damage a character has. It would be different if I could use the crash collisions, but that's not possible right now.

Quote from: Sorceress on June 13, 2011, 05:39:48 AM
I think its awesome that he made the tornado, but the thing is worrying me is how the turnado will effect the player, some of us want it to do what it did in N64, but right now is that even possible?...

No, it isn't. I can pulish it a little and make it similar to be stuck in the tornado for a while, but I won't be able to throw the characters into the air, just teleport them to a certain height.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Hey, you know how in the Mushroom Kingdom(Mario's Pipes) how you move along the pipeline?
Can you make a invisible pipeline swirling around in the tornado?

mewtwo2000 you uploading peach´s Castle today?
that stage is going to be my new fav. :D
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Seeing this made my day xD

So walking and such won't get you out of the tornado, would roll-dodging get you out?


I have an idea of a way to possibly make the tornado work.  I don't really know how this warping thing works too well, but do you think it would be possible to set multiple warp points all the way up the tornado like so:


5
^
|
|
|
|
|
4
^
3
^
2
^
1

Number 5 is above the tornado, whilst numbers 1 to 4 are inside it.  The character warps quickly from 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 and then to 5.  Again, I know nothing about stage hacking so I don't know if this would be possible XD

Quote from: MarioDK on June 14, 2011, 01:33:36 PM
mewtwo2000 you uploading peach´s Castle today?
that stage is going to be my new fav. :D

Uploading? Of course not, it's not finished O.o

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on June 14, 2011, 04:22:34 PM
I have an idea of a way to possibly make the tornado work.  I don't really know how this warping thing works too well, but do you think it would be possible to set multiple warp points all the way up the tornado like so:


5
^
|
|
|
|
|
4
^
3
^
2
^
1

Number 5 is above the tornado, whilst numbers 1 to 4 are inside it.  The character warps quickly from 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 and then to 5.  Again, I know nothing about stage hacking so I don't know if this would be possible XD

Of course it's possible, it's just a ground that warps where you want. But my idea was more like switching from 1 to 2 (1 is under the ground) very quickly so the character loses control, and then warp directly to 5. Another option I was handling was warping like you say, but with 2, 3 and 4 out of the tornado, but not out of bounds, so the character is seen in the air before dying. Anyway, I don't guess I make this one, cause some casual player flying just where those points are could die. Same to having a random height tornado, that doesn't instakill you. Teleporting you into the air would be a problem is somebody lands in that platform just in that frame. I'll evaluate this in the future, after all, the platform would be there only one frame, and it's really difficult to characters to land on the floor in just 1 frame I guess.

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on June 14, 2011, 04:20:03 PM
I see what u did thar.
XD
How about the whirlwind from Link's entry?

Yeah, sure looks better than the one in the video. The one in the video was just a test, the model can't even be transparent.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

ok i am just hyped much about peach castle SM64 come to Brawl :D
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later