Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)

Started by Mewtwo2000, March 16, 2010, 02:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

What would you like me to release next?

Melee Mute City
73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley
31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky
17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle
14 (8%)
Fire Temple
13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut
3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern
3 (1.7%)
Venom
4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man
17 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 175

The beta stages in SSB64 will come, don't worry.

The program to manage the stage expansion code will be made shortly too.

Dark Link's isn't supposed to work over Skyworld, or at least it wasn't made thinking to make it work there. It should, anyway, unless some code affects skyworld and makes it not to work. I'll look into it when I get the chance.

About the 3D how to play, sure, expect it for tomorrow or friday.

Secret aquarium is just one of the 15 secret stars in Mario 64, in a hole in the ship stage room. Will be made after 2-3 stages, if everything's okay.

Those 2-3 stages would be the banjo ones... Not sure, even I am not sure about the order I'm making my stages...

For example, I've not finished yet Ganon's Castle, but I'm starting other things. It has only one vote, but I was feeling like trying it. This is just the beginning of a stage revamp:



What is interesting about the poll is that nobody really wants Ganon's Castle. Unless it includes a brand new version with a custom platform. That would be more like the idea of 'based of' stages, and not recreated ones. I have already 2 'based of' stages in mind now.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial


Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on October 12, 2011, 10:30:39 PM
The beta stages in SSB64 will come, don't worry.

The program to manage the stage expansion code will be made shortly too.
Great! Guess I'll lock the request thread I made earlier for the Beta Stages.
My Kid Icarus Uprising Weapon of Choice Card
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Friend Code: 3737 - 9702 - 3408
NNID: Allav866


I don't wanna sound demanding but I'd like to see my Minor request be done, of coarse you don't have to do it. It is a request after all but, No matter what you make it will be amazing!!
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0648 3646 9521

VENOMVENOMVENOMVENOMVENOMVENOMVENOMVENOMVENOMVENOMVENOM

I'm super excited. So much so that I am posting just to tell you. So, thanks.

Daymn, Mewtwo2k makes more smexy stages.  I never liked Venom personally.  I thought it was a really poorly structured stage that just got in the way.  You couldn't even have a decent item Melee on that stage because the fighting areas were too small.  Heck I didn't even really like the music.  I much, MUCH preferred Corneria.  Still, not as bad as some places like Icicle Mountain.

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on October 12, 2011, 10:30:39 PM
The beta stages in SSB64 will come, don't worry.

The program to manage the stage expansion code will be made shortly too.

Dark Link's isn't supposed to work over Skyworld, or at least it wasn't made thinking to make it work there. It should, anyway, unless some code affects skyworld and makes it not to work. I'll look into it when I get the chance.

About the 3D how to play, sure, expect it for tomorrow or friday.

Secret aquarium is just one of the 15 secret stars in Mario 64, in a hole in the ship stage room. Will be made after 2-3 stages, if everything's okay.

Those 2-3 stages would be the banjo ones... Not sure, even I am not sure about the order I'm making my stages...

For example, I've not finished yet Ganon's Castle, but I'm starting other things. It has only one vote, but I was feeling like trying it. This is just the beginning of a stage revamp:

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/2666/al1110130019binout.jpg

What is interesting about the poll is that nobody really wants Ganon's Castle. Unless it includes a brand new version with a custom platform. That would be more like the idea of 'based of' stages, and not recreated ones. I have already 2 'based of' stages in mind now.


I was wondering when you were going to revamp Venom. It's lookin good with what you have so far, can't wait to see it complete.

Also, nice to hear you have some more "based of" stages planned. I personally like those more than straight up recreation stages. Even the existing Brawl stages aren't direct recreations of their source material, but more like inspired by.

Out of curiousity, what are these "based of" stages that you have planned? Or is it too early to ask?

Well, for me I love replicas, but I also like recreations. Now that the importer is competition, let's [censored]ing fight it by doing recreations, not replicas.

About Venom, looking good there. It's gonna take you a while to do though, hmm. What SilentDoom said is what I would say really, so no point in me saying it.

Also, did you see my question on the last page?

QuoteDo you plan on doing a version of the How To Play stage, but with a 3D background? I was thinking Green Green's of course. I believe you did a mix of Dream Land 64, with that background.

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on October 13, 2011, 05:39:05 PM
Daymn, Mewtwo2k makes more smexy stages.  I never liked Venom personally.  I thought it was a really poorly structured stage that just got in the way.  You couldn't even have a decent item Melee on that stage because the fighting areas were too small.  Heck I didn't even really like the music.  I much, MUCH preferred Corneria.  Still, not as bad as some places like Icicle Mountain.

Not my favorite either, but still, I made the brawl venom, and I want to make the improved version before anybody else tries to do it by himself.

Quote from: Beyond on October 13, 2011, 06:18:51 PM


I was wondering when you were going to revamp Venom. It's lookin good with what you have so far, can't wait to see it complete.

Also, nice to hear you have some more "based of" stages planned. I personally like those more than straight up recreation stages. Even the existing Brawl stages aren't direct recreations of their source material, but more like inspired by.

Out of curiousity, what are these "based of" stages that you have planned? Or is it too early to ask?

A little early, but the 2 I have in mind come from Mario 64 and Goldeneye 64. Both look awesome in my mind xD

Anyway, I'm still making recreations for the moment, the way I make them are just like a personal challenge. I like to build things and see them exactly as I remember them. Still, the idea of the recreations thing (looking similar but just based of) is getting stronger, I guess stages like these can be really interesting.

Quote from: ItalianStallion on October 13, 2011, 06:21:11 PM
Also, did you see my question on the last page?

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on October 12, 2011, 10:30:39 PM
About the 3D how to play, sure, expect it for tomorrow or friday.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

I want some Banjo stages and the completion of FoD as well. Banjo was one of my childhood games.
BTW, why everybody fail at spelling sexy?
~ joaowojcikiewicz
Check out my threads!
~Music Hacks~
~Texture Hacks~

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on October 13, 2011, 05:39:05 PM
Daymn, Mewtwo2k makes more smexy stages.  I never liked Venom personally.  I thought it was a really poorly structured stage that just got in the way.  You couldn't even have a decent item Melee on that stage because the fighting areas were too small.  Heck I didn't even really like the music.  I much, MUCH preferred Corneria.  Still, not as bad as some places like Icicle Mountain.

I agree. Never very fond of the stage; kind of awkward to play on. Corneria I really enjoy though; great playstyle.


Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on October 12, 2011, 10:30:39 PM
The program to manage the stage expansion code will be made shortly too.

That would be more like the idea of 'based of' stages, and not recreated ones. I have already 2 'based of' stages in mind now.

Like a boss.  8)

Now I play the waiting game.


Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

I've updated one of my programs. A really underused one in my opinion. Maybe this changes things.

This is the MShadow tool. Old picture and new picture:



Ok, I'll explain you what this program does again, and what this program can do now it's updated. If you're not a stager, don't read more.

Now, if you're a stager, you probably have used my shadow system, those models called MShadow that make shadows appear in grounds and walls. Well, you have always needed to place them manually, by calculating the rotation, the position and the size. To automate this, you can use forohforerror's tool, which he made a few days ago. His tool generates those models already placed where the collisions in a file are. If you want it, just go for it.

My tool isn't automatic. You write 2 coordinates, and the shadow model is placed between those 2 points. Well, this is what it did until today. Now, you can write those 2 coordinates, and 2 more coordinates in the middle. In other words, instead of writing a segment, you can write 3.

Imagine these are those 4 points:

ab ----- cd

1 and 2 are points 1 and 2 in the program. If you change those, 3 and 4 will have the same values. But, if you select points 3 and 4, you can write their own values too, resulting in this:

a --- b --- c --- d

This way, you can place 3 consecutive shadows with only 1 MShadow model. Easy, and quick.



Also, another feature. You can see that small button (checkbox) on the bottom left part. That button only will be there if you place the program where brawlbox is. If you activate the button when you're in that folder (and brawlbox isn't working at that moment!!), the next time you open brawlbox, you will be able to see every mshadow model in your stage, you won't need to enable the texture anymore. Not sure if anybody was annoyed with this, but the tool modifies brawllib.dll so tshadow1 isn't hidden anymore.

Here's the link if you're interested

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=22703
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

im so using this now... even tho i did love ur first MShadow Tool... now its even more epic!
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Damn how I wish I would have read this guide, before adding shadows on my latest stage the other day, by doing it the old fashioned way.

Thank you so much for this, and all your other genius programs. You are the Stage Master not only cause you're the best at what we do, you have taught us a lot, if not everything that we know. At least in my case that's for sure.

Also, this made me lol:

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on October 13, 2011, 10:38:12 PM
If you're not a stager, don't read more.