The Smash 3 Project - Get Your DLC Early

Started by Taiko, October 01, 2013, 03:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Really liking the colors on falco, makes me excited to see how sonic turns out whenever he's finished



Click The Logo To Find Out More
Click the Link To Download Now
https://www.mediafire.com/?vpg7cn3ohvgh513 Download for SD cards 2 GigaBytes or less
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3b9ax3zb97xw1r7 Download for SDHC Users

is the character order on the first post in order of how they appear in the common 5 sc_selcharacter_en char_bust_tex_lz77? because that is really cool.

You guys should release more .psd Texture sources for every character.

Falco's lookin' nice as hell.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Looking at Meta Knight, There's a change I think would benefit the models in general: Editing Galaxia's texture, and the addition of a reflection texture on it, and maybe the addition of a custom reflection texture for his pauldrons and maybe his boots too. It would look rather interesting I think.

Ganondorf is another character I think would visually benefit from a custom reflection texture, namely on his armor.

Heck, anyone who has large metallic parts on them I think should have one. It would be something unique for the project.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: NinfanNanz on March 27, 2014, 08:37:23 AM
is the character order on the first post in order of how they appear in the common 5 sc_selcharacter_en char_bust_tex_lz77? because that is really cool.
;)

Quote from: E-scope12 on March 27, 2014, 12:10:22 PM
You guys should release more .psd Texture sources for every character.
At some point we will. We figured you guys would rather get actual characters out.

Quote from: Velen on March 27, 2014, 03:17:50 PM
Looking at Meta Knight, There's a change I think would benefit the models in general: Editing Galaxia's texture, and the addition of a reflection texture on it, and maybe the addition of a custom reflection texture for his pauldrons and maybe his boots too. It would look rather interesting I think.

Ganondorf is another character I think would visually benefit from a custom reflection texture, namely on his armor.

Heck, anyone who has large metallic parts on them I think should have one. It would be something unique for the project.
Had been thinking about the armor thing since Marth, but we had been focusing on sprucing up several other things instead. It's a pretty likely thing we'll add though, so thanks for bringing it up.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

March 27, 2014, 04:57:46 PM #396 Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 07:08:54 PM by Xenozoa425
Quote from: Velen on March 27, 2014, 03:17:50 PM
Looking at Meta Knight, There's a change I think would benefit the models in general: Editing Galaxia's texture, and the addition of a reflection texture on it, and maybe the addition of a custom reflection texture for his pauldrons and maybe his boots too. It would look rather interesting I think.
That's a pretty good point. Not only that, but I had forgotten some small details regarding the sword and never realized them until now; I never adjusted the colors of Galaxia to match how it looks in other games (orange/yellow blade, gold hilt). However, he already has a small reflective texture on his pauldrons, but it's not very noticeable. I can definitely change it to something else and apply the materials and shaders for it onto the boots and Galaxia as well.

Ganondorf I wholeheartedly agree, the small armor reflection would be a great touch. Samus will also be getting this treatment whenever I get around to finishing her up. I looked at the Metroid Prime Varia Suit trophy model and found an excellent texture for her armor g.

Quote from: Xenozoa425 on March 27, 2014, 04:57:46 PM
That's a pretty good point. Not only that, but I had forgotten some small details regarding the sword and never realized them until now; I never adjusted the colors of Galaxia to match how it looks in other games (orange/yellow blade, gold hilt). However, he already has a small reflective texture on his pauldrons, but it's not very noticeable. I can definitely change it to something else and apply the materials and shaders for it onto the boots and Galaxia as well.

Ganondorf I wholeheartedly agree, the small armor reflection would be a great touch. Samus will also be getting this treatment whenever I get around to finishing her up. I looked at the Metroid Prime Varia Suit trophy model and found an excellent texture for her armor g.

I was more talking about something akin to Samus' metallic reflection texture.

Something I tried to do previously with Meta Knight was add a custom specular map, but that didn't work out well, and I don't really know why.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

I'm pretty sure that Smash 3 Meta Knight causes freezes in PM provided you're using an altered MotionEtc file.

It's no big deal, because I was just able to port the textures over a vBrawl MK and it looks fine.

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

Quote from: Amarythe on March 27, 2014, 11:38:26 PM
I'm pretty sure that Smash 3 Meta Knight causes freezes in PM provided you're using an altered MotionEtc file.

It's no big deal, because I was just able to port the textures over a vBrawl MK and it looks fine.
That sounds like you've hit the file-size limit over-all. Our apologies, but our primary concern is supporting Brawl and an unaltered Project M. Should you wish to alleviate these problems, try altering the format of textures or reducing their overall size.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Quote from: Shun_One on March 28, 2014, 12:23:57 AM
That sounds like you've hit the file-size limit over-all. Our apologies, but our primary concern is supporting Brawl and an unaltered Project M. Should you wish to alleviate these problems, try altering the format of textures or reducing their overall size.

Hate to be that guy, but do you really need to answer everything like you're from some game company?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen on March 28, 2014, 12:34:29 AM
Hate to be that guy, but do you really need to answer everything like you're from some game company?
When I represent more than myself I take a lot more consideration into my replies since I am conveying the intent of a team and not solely me.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Quote from: Shun_One on March 28, 2014, 12:38:18 AM
When I represent more than myself I take a lot more consideration into my replies since I am conveying the intent of a team and not solely me.

My point is you're being too formal. You guys may be a team yet, but you're among fellow hackers. There's no reason to be so formal.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen on March 28, 2014, 12:56:24 AM
My point is you're being too formal. You guys may be a team yet, but you're among fellow hackers. There's no reason to be so formal.
This is fairly off topic, so if you'd like to continue, take it to a PM.

If you're referring to my choice of words, I actually talk like that in real life.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Quote from: Shun_One on March 28, 2014, 12:59:15 AM
This is fairly off topic, so if you'd like to continue, take it to a PM.

If you're referring to my choice of words, I actually talk like that in real life.

Sorry, about that.

Anyhow, back on topic.

Falco's colors are thankfully not too bright. Good job there guys.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302