The Smash 3 Project - Get Your DLC Early

Started by Taiko, October 01, 2013, 03:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Would anyone be willing to post comparison shots between the Smash 3 textures and the normal brawl ones?

Dat Lucario, OMG!!! 0.0

One of my favorite PM characters now gets some texture justice, by the Smash 3 team, of course :D

Awesome job, guys! That's all I can say. Keep up the good work! :D

Now I wait with bated breath for PSDs to materialize! :D

Quote from: Darkdeathscythe on August 25, 2014, 06:04:09 AM
Would anyone be willing to post comparison shots between the Smash 3 textures and the normal brawl ones?
Brawl -


Smash 3 -


Quickest way for a comparison is to just check screen shots of Brawl versus the screenshots uploaded to each characters Vault entry
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

I saw the chart for Smash 3 and Sonic had a RIP in it if you look at it closely. What do they mean by this?

Quote from: Davidchao22 on August 25, 2014, 09:20:34 PM
I saw the chart for Smash 3 and Sonic had a RIP in it if you look at it closely. What do they mean by this?
It's just an in-joke for our team. We've been trying to update Sonic's model for a very long time now, but keep running into snags any time we come close to finishing it.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Which characters do you guys plan on redoing?

Quote from: Samusfan1 on August 26, 2014, 10:21:29 PM
Which characters do you guys plan on redoing?
Some of them.

Sorry for the non-commital answer, but our plans change a lot so it's better for me to say "someone" rather than give you specifics and have to backtrack on them.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

August 27, 2014, 04:03:00 AM #683 Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 05:32:18 AM by E-scope12
Are you guys going to retexture brawl stages as well? And another thing, do you guys plan on retexturing the Project M alt costumes as well?

Quote from: E-scope12 on August 27, 2014, 04:03:00 AM
Are you guys going to retexture brawl stages as well? And another thing, do you guys plan on retexturing the Project M alt costumes as well?

It's in the FAQ buddy.


Is it just me, or does that chart look different?

A few of the characters have their background colors altered to reflect the leaked roster for Sm4sh. As such those characters were rearranged to maintain color consistency on the spectrum.

Hey guys, I have a question for you all today concerning the P:M alternate costumes.
We were considering replacing some P:M alts entirely with our own and just not doing the P:M versions, how would you guys feel about this?
At this moment we're specifically considering replacing Marth and Ike's with Awakening Marth and Hero Ike. Marth would have FE12 Marth (current) as the default with Awakening Marth as his costume, while Ike would get Hero Ike as his default, and Ranger Ike as his costume. Other things that have been talked about were replacing Virtual Boy ROB with a simple Virtual Boy recolour for ROB.

Not all costumes would be changed, just the ones that we don't really feel like doing. To reach a realistic "finish" point and with school closing in, we need to start making decisions as to whether we'd like to force ourselves to do the costumes, or replace them with our own. During school our team's modding time will be much more limited, and we had no idea so many costumes would come. Not all of them have struck us as "must-use" costumes either, so by changing a few to our liking, not only will we be much more motivated to finish them, you guys will most likely get better content.

This is why we kept saying "currently that's the plan", because our plans change a lot to accommodate team morale and what we can actually do.

We have a few more ideas being thrown around, but I can confirm that alts like Dr. Mario and Outset Link won't be changed.

Eh, honestly, I don't know. I think Marths P:M alt looks beyond sick, and I'd love to see that in Smash 3s artstyle. But hey, if YOU guys don't feel like doing it, don't.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.