The Smash 3 Project - Get Your DLC Early

Started by Taiko, October 01, 2013, 03:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

For which version of Project M is this compatible?

I have 3.5.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on March 31, 2015, 09:11:49 PM
For which version of Project M is this compatible?

I have 3.5.

I think reading through the topic would show you that it's for 3.0.
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on April 07, 2015, 10:46:10 PM
so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

Quote from: HypnotizeOverdrive on March 31, 2015, 09:25:55 PM
I think reading through the topic would show you that it's for 3.0.

And I think there are 70 pages right now, am I wrong?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on March 31, 2015, 09:28:26 PM
And I think there are 70 pages right now, am I wrong?

You are correct. And scrolling up on this very page, you'd see that
Quote from: Taiko on March 29, 2015, 03:18:10 PM
I should warn you that we haven't updated the P:M version to 3.5 yet

And that's why reading helps.
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on April 07, 2015, 10:46:10 PM
so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

Uhm.
What's the difference between 3 and 3C?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

March 31, 2015, 10:16:21 PM #1040 Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 10:18:27 PM by HypnotizeOverdrive
Quote from: Velen on March 31, 2015, 10:08:24 PM
Uhm.
What's the difference between 3 and 3C?

If I may, 3C includes Smash 3-styled textures made by folks not on the Smash 3 team, along with official Smash 3 textures, whereas 3 includes the official textures only.
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on April 07, 2015, 10:46:10 PM
so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

I think the "C" stands for community or custom, being that while we're working on compatibility and other characters, they are compiling it in an unofficial package with additional stuff made by other users not on our team.

While I try to primarily only use official smash 3 textures in the Smash 3 build, I also added some recolors made by other users to replace recolors and whatnot added in 3.5 that currently have no replacement (For example: Roy's 3.5 recolor, Ike's Lord alt costumes replaced with community recolors)

Basically, Smash 3 primarily includes recolors, while Smash 3C includes the Smash 3-ified alts made primarily by the Smash 3C team.

I'd like to say that for once, a community project does excellent work. I even check their page before the official Smash 3 page most days.

Can I have pics of the renders w/o the gradient bg?

Can we have an ETA for when this will be completed?

Also, what is your stance on using Wii U assets? I've been seeing a lot of imports of characters or parts of characters and was wondering if you planned on using them for this project, or will you just be sticking with the Brawl models?

Quote from: MrThatKidAlex24 on April 09, 2015, 04:48:16 AM
Can I have pics of the renders w/o the gradient bg?

Not yet, we are updating the characters atm so the renders will probably change to accommodate this.

Atleast, that is what I have understood.

Quote from: Samusfan1 on April 11, 2015, 01:56:42 AM
Can we have an ETA for when this will be completed?

Also, what is your stance on using Wii U assets? I've been seeing a lot of imports of characters or parts of characters and was wondering if you planned on using them for this project, or will you just be sticking with the Brawl models?

Year 20XX.

And no, we won't use these wiiU assests since its much more fun to make our own version of it. Besides, we can't force the wii to handle something its more powerful successor handles, the amounts of optimizations we have to make to them will make this project never ending. And remember, we modify our brawl models to look better... so its not quite a "brawl model" anymore.

And besides, whats the fun in that? Just copy/pasting textures? nah, we don't need that since we can make our own from scratch!


I wouldn't say from scratch. More like, super editing. Regardless, I loved that fact that this project is still going on very strong. Both Samus' and the Dry Bowser renders seem...off to me. Not too sure why for Dry Bowser, but Samus looks more toy like than a suit. Still, clean work nonetheless. Keep it up guys!


Dry Bowser isn't ours. Samus was mainly just a side project, but I believe her render was made a long time ago, when we were in the process of experimenting with rendering styles between 3DS Max and Blender.