Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Differences between textures and models @_@  (Read 1734 times)
SolKnightX
Newbie Kitten

can u not

View Profile Awards
« on: October 30, 2013, 10:54:07 AM »

So, it's pretty plain as day that I'm terribly new to the modding game. I finally decided to stop being lazy and try and get into it myself, but as I look through the many mods people have made (which has been a pain, since I the all of the links in the Brawl Vault seem to give me an error message) I want to start by giving all the characters aside from ROB and maybe Game and Watch costumes and such along with their own portraits to so that it'd be known what you're picking. A lot of what I want to get are either textures or Model Imports. What's the difference and can I use both for what I plan to do?

Current WIP: Ken's Air Ship

ABloodyCanadian
Ellipsis Abuser…
Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 11:02:23 AM »

Well, what are you doing is a question I should ask... lol...

Well, Textures are just mods that only change a person's Textures. Nothing about the characters shape has been edited. Model Imports actually have things Added/Altered to their models. Changing the characters shape.

SolKnightX
    Newbie Kitten

can u not

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 11:19:07 AM »

Haha I guess I should be more specific. I guess I can give a literal example. So I want to change peach's appearance for her other palettes aside from her own. I went and downloaded 5 other textures I believe to replace everything except for her default pink dress palette. I specifically got

- The Gardevoir Texture
    - The Human Latias Texture
    - The Millenia Texture
    - The White Mage Texture
    - and The Skyla Texture from Pokemon Black and White (Could be a model now that I think about it...)

Each would have their own portrait when you select what would be the palette color that would show who the costume represents rather than peach in a different colored dress.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 11:52:28 AM »

Your next step would be to pose said hacks to a pose you want. Whether it would be on BrawlBox, or In-Game. I'd suggest looking for tutorials on how to make CSPs.

SolKnightX
    Newbie Kitten

can u not

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 12:46:04 PM »

I do have Brawl Box... Would I need a backup of the game also? Cause I believe the download for that in the resources section is down.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 06:48:56 AM »

See if you can find the CSPs you need here (CSP stands for Character Selection Portrait, which I believe is what you are looking for?).

There's also a tutorial section where you can find several guides to make CSPs. Just go under "Interface Tutorials" or whatever.

There is, also, an alternative backup of the ISO. I just haven't added the link yet. I will, once I get back home.

And, welcome to KCMM. Smiley

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: