The Star Forge: Side Project - SSBU Sheik

Started by RevenantMammoth, November 13, 2013, 09:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Who should come out first?

Black Knight
9 (27.3%)
Chrom
18 (54.5%)
Hector
2 (6.1%)
Roy
4 (12.1%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: December 13, 2013, 09:26:35 PM

Omgsh.m Your Chrom PSA is so cool. It feels so unique. I'll leave proper feedback later but aw man, I didnt realize how awesome this was.

I'm glad you like him!   ;D

I can't wait to hear what you have to say! Revenant spent forever working on every aspect of his balancing, at least for what is finished.

Hector is scratching at the door as well, I'm just getting beat up by his sword (Axe) glow. See he's kind of going over someone with no sword glow so I'm trying to give him one. I've almost finished too it's just the dang glow model/texture is giving me trouble, and the color of the trail but I haven't really looked to deep into that. It's just blue and I can't change the hue number or it turns solid white.

I would love some advice from anyone versed in the ways of texture wrapping... It's literally one of like, three things holding me back from being able to just hammer him out.

Review

First off I'd like to say excellent work. The character feels like he fits into the Smash Bros series so well. Anyway let's get started.

Chrom is an amazing character. From the moment you begin playing with him you get the feeling that this isn't just another Fire Emblem Clone. Although his special moveset seems similar to Marth and Ike in ways, its because its iconic to the series.

Playing with Chrom, I find myself using a combination of the smash attacks and normals that work together so fluidly that you would be able to tell I started my attack string with a smash. I always tend to have a decent follow up attack or maneuver for when I'm attacking whether its closing the gap between a range attack or looking for that appropriate finishing blow.

You never seem to have that feeling that some psa's offer where you say "What can I do?". The options are there.

Initially my opinion of Chroms recovery was that it was weird and gave him a huge weakness in the character.

I couldn't be more wrong. His air Side special provides a decent amount of maneuverability which fades as it is spammed to help move the character towards the stage which is fair and similar to Marth players using sword dance as a recovery. In combination with Chroms Up Special however, he may have one of the best recoveries in the game granting him  tremendous height for recovery.* The drawback being that it requires precision.

As far as I'm concerned as a character..

Chrom deserves a spot on everyones roster. I don't see myself using Ike or Marth while this titans on the field.


*He may have the same height recovery as Ike but if he does it doesnt feel like it because of the speed of the attack (U Special).

Favorite Moves

Back Air A
Up Tilt
N A Air

Bugs

You're already aware but..

Throws are unfinished.
Special Side Air : Upon hitting the opponent character finished the animation of the attack leaving him hovering until the move is finished then is left in the helpless state.
Picking Up Crates/Party ball he holds the item awkwardly. The item is still usable to its no big deal.

Suggestions

When the Side Air Special is polished don't make him go into helpless mode upon a hit. Its too easy to bait yourself while Chrom is recovering with that move so you take a hit and he takes a dive to his death.

Other than that don't change anything lol

Well from the sound of that review, one of my other hacks must be reacting to the PSA negatively. I don't know what would cause that, considering I was playing on an unhacked stage with only Chrom as the fighters. A bit later I'll tinker with my stuff and see what's making it freeze.

Currently taking Stock Icon requests.
In need of an animator for a few moves for my PSA. PM me if interested.

Quote from: Renova on December 19, 2013, 03:10:05 PM
Review

Thanks for the great review!! When we start it, we will definitely look into fixing the second hit of the SpecialAirS to make it so its not so easily abused by opponents, whether its removing the special fall or if we think of something else.
Im also glad that he seemed different enough from Marth or Ike and that you think he's a fun PSA.
Thanks for pointing out the Item problems too, we dont use Items much so they are seldomly tested.

Quote from: Hosernaut on December 19, 2013, 08:12:48 PM
Well from the sound of that review, one of my other hacks must be reacting to the PSA negatively. I don't know what would cause that, considering I was playing on an unhacked stage with only Chrom as the fighters. A bit later I'll tinker with my stuff and see what's making it freeze.

Hopefully that's the reason, because I couldn't for the life of me get it to freeze. If you can manage to find anything out make sure to let me know. I don't want any of our hacks freezing for anyone.


Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Quote from: Hosernaut on December 19, 2013, 08:12:48 PM
Well from the sound of that review, one of my other hacks must be reacting to the PSA negatively. I don't know what would cause that, considering I was playing on an unhacked stage with only Chrom as the fighters. A bit later I'll tinker with my stuff and see what's making it freeze.

He doesn't freeze, I meant he finishes the full attack upon collision in the air as if he was standing on a platform suddenly to walk forward.

Quote from: Renova on December 20, 2013, 07:08:42 AM
He doesn't freeze, I meant he finishes the full attack upon collision in the air as if he was standing on a platform suddenly to walk forward.

You misunderstood I think.

I'm having an issue where Chrom is freezing, and until you posted your review, I wasn't sure if it had to do with another hack or not. Now I know it must.

Currently taking Stock Icon requests.
In need of an animator for a few moves for my PSA. PM me if interested.

Can't believe I just see this thread
Looking forward for Nephenee :D
*subs*
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

:kdance: Thanks for the support! :kdance:
Also were working on Hector's balancing today. His grounded attacks are already finished, so all that's left are his airs and specials.
As for Nephenee
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


EDIT:

And for those of you who didn't catch Hector's final on the WIP workshop
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"


Nephenee will be over Pit for his defensive collisions.


Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Hey guys, I haven't seen you around lately. I was curious as to your progress. I'm sure you've heard about BrawlEx by now, and I just wanted to let you guys know I have cloned Chrom and set up CSPs and a CSS icon.

If you let me know who everyone else is over, I can make slots for those who are currently clone-able.

Also, I was never able to find out why my Chrom vs Chrom battles were freezing. But I am working with a new codeset now, and he seems to run fine.

Currently taking Stock Icon requests.
In need of an animator for a few moves for my PSA. PM me if interested.

The only thing I have to say is...

Chrom's face and model both look a little weird. Other than that, nothing I can say that hasn't been said.


Edit: Some animations look like they could be smoother however that's something that's usually left for the final version. I really suggest focusing all of your PSA time on a single one or else it'll become overwhelming and some may look really sloppy. This, thankfully, doesn't look sloppy but could use touch ups.


Also Hosernaut, I would LOVE that Chrom clone if you don't mind.

Quote from: Hosernaut on January 06, 2014, 07:43:11 AM
Hey guys, I haven't seen you around lately. I was curious as to your progress. I'm sure you've heard about BrawlEx by now, and I just wanted to let you guys know I have cloned Chrom and set up CSPs and a CSS icon.

If you let me know who everyone else is over, I can make slots for those who are currently clone-able.

Also, I was never able to find out why my Chrom vs Chrom battles were freezing. But I am working with a new codeset now, and he seems to run fine.

Sorry for the late replies, I haven't had a chance to get to a in a bit. But yes we heard of brawlex, and a Chrom setup would be great. I'm just waiting for them to be able to put more than 50 characters on the css to get it set up, for we are using triple rasta at the moment.
But that's great, BK will probably be next if he's possible.
I'm also glad he isn't freezing for you anymore.

Quote from: Lito on January 07, 2014, 01:51:45 AM
The only thing I have to say is...

Chrom's face and model both look a little weird. Other than that, nothing I can say that hasn't been said.


Edit: Some animations look like they could be smoother however that's something that's usually left for the final version. I really suggest focusing all of your PSA time on a single one or else it'll become overwhelming and some may look really sloppy. This, thankfully, doesn't look sloppy but could use touch ups.


Also Hosernaut, I would LOVE that Chrom clone if you don't mind.

Yes... his face. Thing is, were not responsible for the model, and we are awaiting the new one to come out. So once it does, the model wont be a problem anymore.

You are correct about the animations seeing updates though, but if you could let me know which animations you think could be better that would be great. That way I don't miss anything.


Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

I'll upload the clone later tonight. I'll also include a read-me with how to change which slot its over, incase your 3F is already filled. I'll also include the individual files and a guide on where to place them, once again in case you already have a clone pack started. I figured out how to get the CSP names, BPs, and franchise icons to be custom as well, so I'll edit it to include those as well. I also have a Chrom announcer call being made, which should be ready on Monday.

Who is BK over again? I think I remember it being toon link, and if that's the case, he's not currently clonable, but Toon Link is the next clone being worked on.

I can do Nephenee since she's over Pit, but since you don't have a beta release for that yet, I'll hold off for now.

Currently taking Stock Icon requests.
In need of an animator for a few moves for my PSA. PM me if interested.