Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Who should come out first?  (Voting closed: December 13, 2013, 02:26:35 PM)
Black Knight - 9 (27.3%)
Chrom - 18 (54.5%)
Hector - 2 (6.1%)
Roy - 4 (12.1%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 29
Author Topic: The Star Forge: Side Project - SSBU Sheik  (Read 132249 times)
Revan
Extreme Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #60 on: January 15, 2014, 01:00:16 AM »

Do these two have a multiplier on their counter like Marth and Ike have?
    Yeah they will. Chrom's will be pretty similar to Marth's, and Black Knight's will return 1.7 damage, taking full damage from the attack he's countering.

I'm here to answer questions before bedtime!

N-Air -By spin I meant forward slash flip, I guess. But I supposed that's fine. i actually grew to like the up air to the point where I don't want it replaced.

D-Air - Marth's d-air would probably work better as his current one feels... weird.

Taunts - Take your time on them. You can make one of thetaunts where Marth holds his sword to his head. Just that part only.

---- BK-----

Basically he bounces up and down during his neutral air and it looks very unBlackKnightly

He very clearly needs a lot of work ans I can't wait to see what you do to him. Also after BK, can you do Hector? there's like 10 Roy hacks but not a single Hector. I'd love to have an all star team.

I'll take a look at his down a air, I like how the attack functions so I wanna try to replicate it.
    But yes, Hector will be next after BK. The work we have to do on Roy will take like a day to finish because of how long I have casually worked on this hack, so we kind of want to wait for an awakening roy model to release him.

Looking back at your gifs for Chrom, I'd probably polish up the wait with him flipping his sword. Add more motion to when he's about to catch the sword and make it get weighed down when he catches it.

Alrighty I'll have a look, shouldn't be too hard.

Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
    Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
    "If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

ShinyMammoth
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #61 on: January 22, 2014, 11:16:28 PM »

Update time folks.

Chrom, much like every PSA I have done to date, is giving me problems. I can't get his final to function properly and it's pretty much driving me insane. I've tried every method  I can think of to work around his issues. I even attempted to import chrom himself as a graphic...knowing it would probably make his file too big. Which it most definitely did.

Basically I can't use Ike's final smash as a base without knowing some rel stuff, even though it would be a perfect base... I tried moving the final around through different actions, none of them allow me to make him move. I have all the correct events, air/gound is underfined(17) and edge slide is in air. Sooo we decided to work around it and animate chrom going back to his original position so I wouldn't have to check moves character. Turns out that is incredibly buggy. Weird stuff happens to a moving character without moves character checked.

Now that I've laid that out for all of you I would like to ask a favor. To any of you who know anything about module files I would love to know how/where you learned to understand them. I'm not asking you to hold my hand through the process, I just want to know where to look. A heads up I have literally no knowledge on this subject so I don't even know how to google the information I'm looking for.

Thanks for anything you can offer. I'm off to strain my eyes staring at Ike's .rel Tongue

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #62 on: January 25, 2014, 02:50:21 PM »

So, hopefully with the coming completion of Chrom's Final Smash, his last beta before final release will be out soon and eventually were gonna need testers. For his FS we are planning on making it so when he hits you to activate his Final, he will hit you to a new stage, beat you up with all three animations featured in his game (with a little flare on the third hit) KOing you before returning to the original stage. Here's a gif of the what we are planning to do with the camera angles.
    Also here's a log of his changes since the last beta, including a gif of his re-animated Wait1

Changelog
    Beta V2

*Down Taunt Exalted Falchion activator added (Hold A while using Down Taunt)
    *Final Smash Added
    *New escapes
    *Item Pickups Added
    *Cliff Attacks Added
    *Down and Slip Attacks Added
    *Wins Added

Wait 1 - reanimated
    Wait 2 - fixed animation

Side Tilt - Cleaned Animation

Forward Smash - Cleaned animation
    Down Smash -  Cleaned animation

Neutral Air - hitbox fixes
    Back Air - Removed sword glow

Special Neutral - Cleaned animation
    Special Side - Cleaned animation
    Special Side Air - New animation

Up Taunt - Cleaned animation
    Side Taunt - New animation

"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #63 on: January 25, 2014, 03:05:32 PM »

So, hopefully with the coming completion of Chrom's Final Smash, his last beta before final release will be out soon and eventually were gonna need testers. For his FS we are planning on making it so when he hits you to activate his Final, he will hit you to a new stage, beat you up with all three animations featured in his game (with a little flare on the third hit) KOing you before returning to the original stage. Here's a gif of the what we are planning to do with the camera angles.
    Also here's a log of his changes since the last beta, including a gif of his re-animated Wait1

Changelog
    Beta V2

*Final Smash Added
    *New escapes
    *Item Pickups Added
    *Cliff Attacks Added
    *Wins Added

Wait 1 - reanimated
    Wait 2 - fixed animation

Have you already coded your FS? Because the "new stage" idea is something that I'd really like to achieve too. Especially for 2 PSAs, including one over Ike!
    If you need a tester, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #64 on: January 25, 2014, 03:14:09 PM »

No we haven't finished the codding yet, how far have you gotten with yours?
    And I definitely will let you know when he's finished.  Kirby Dance

Lito
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #65 on: January 25, 2014, 03:17:52 PM »

Changelog
    Beta V2

*Final Smash Added
    *New escapes
    *Item Pickups Added
    *Cliff Attacks Added
    *Wins Added

Wait 1 - reanimated
    Wait 2 - fixed animation

As you guys know, I'm always ready and happy to test for you guys. Just upload it or send me a private message and I'll post what I think or reply to the message.

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #66 on: January 25, 2014, 03:19:22 PM »

Awesome, you were definitely one of the guys we were planning on asking to test lol

Akeno/Archer
    Special Access

« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2014, 03:55:51 PM »

No we haven't finished the codding yet, how far have you gotten with yours?
    And I definitely will let you know when he's finished.  Kirby Dance
    Not really far u_u since I have other projects *points his personnal text*, but when I'll go on it, I think you'll be done with Chrom, but I'm around if you need a tester before release or some feedback etc...

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Jade_Rock
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #68 on: January 25, 2014, 04:14:20 PM »

Can I test?

Also did you fix him so he doesn't special fall after you hit his side b in the air?

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #69 on: January 25, 2014, 04:44:53 PM »

Not really far u_u since I have other projects *points his personnal text*, but when I'll go on it, I think you'll be done with Chrom, but I'm around if you need a tester before release or some feedback etc...
    I see, were going about making him go to a new stage in an interesting way. Keep in mind im not the codder here so I may be mistaken. Were using Ike's original FS mechanics to make it so when Ike knocks you up into the Air, it will be instant, and activate a new camera angle zoomed in onto where Ike knocks you up. We are importing a stage as a graphic onto Chrom's .pac, and we will call it up where the effected player is floating, while using another graphic to black out the rest of the original stage.
    But for sure, I'll send you a pm when he's ready.

Can I test?

Also did you fix him so he doesn't special fall after you hit his side b in the air?

Of course you can, we would like all the testers we can get.
    But yes we did fix his side B, though he still does go into Special Fall after the second hit. They way we have him moving now makes it so he can easily get back to the stage after it's activated. Plus if somehow someone manages to get out far enough to interrupt his side B recovery, the Chrom can choose to use his Up-B, pretty much guaranteeing death to both characters if used right.
    Because of how the attack is now were considering on making it so in the air you can activate the second hit by hitting B again, without connecting with an opponent, unlike on the ground.

Akeno/Archer
    Special Access

« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2014, 04:48:30 PM »

I see, were going about making him go to a new stage in an interesting way. Keep in mind im not the codder here so I may be mistaken. Were using Ike's original FS mechanics to make it so when Ike knocks you up into the Air, it will be instant, and activate a new camera angle zoomed in onto where Ike knocks you up. We are importing a stage as a graphic onto Chrom's .pac, and we will call it up where the effected player is floating, while using another graphic to black out the rest of the original stage.
    But for sure, I'll send you a pm when he's ready.

Of course you can, we would like all the testers we can get.
    But yes we did fix his side B, though he still does go into Special Fall after the second hit. They way we have him moving now makes it so he can easily get back to the stage after it's activated. Plus if somehow someone manages to get out far enough to interrupt his side B recovery, the Chrom can choose to use his Up-B, pretty much guaranteeing death to both characters if used right.
    Because of how the attack is now were considering on making it so in the air you can activate the second hit by hitting B again, without connecting with an opponent, unlike on the ground.
    Sounds great! Looking forward for Chrom's release Grin

Jade_Rock
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #71 on: January 25, 2014, 05:44:42 PM »

Ok that sounds great!

Will black knight be next since he also had a beta?

ShinyMammoth
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #72 on: January 25, 2014, 05:49:03 PM »

Black Knight is pretty much done as well. He just needs a final and some polishing. So yeah as soon as chrom is finished we are going to pump out black knight.

Akeno/Archer
    Special Access

« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2014, 05:50:46 PM »

Black Knight is pretty much done as well. He just needs a final and some polishing. So yeah as soon as chrom is finished we are going to pump out black knight.
    Just a question, is Black Knight really over Toon Link?

ShinyMammoth
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #74 on: January 25, 2014, 05:53:00 PM »

Yepp needed me some articles. And I didn't know how to swap sword trails before so I needed one of those too. Don't worry though, when he's done you won't even notice.

Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 29
    Print
    Jump to: