Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Who should come out first?  (Voting closed: December 13, 2013, 02:26:35 PM)
Black Knight - 9 (27.3%)
Chrom - 18 (54.5%)
Hector - 2 (6.1%)
Roy - 4 (12.1%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 29
Author Topic: The Star Forge: Side Project - SSBU Sheik  (Read 134536 times)
Nao-chan
Collab Assassin
Holy Kitten

That's what comes of under-estimating me.

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Famous Hacker Starstormer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #105 on: February 06, 2014, 02:49:34 AM »

He's pretty different, and he plays completely different. I can send you a link for him if you would like to try him out.
    I would love to try him out. I could definitely give some feedback for ya as well. I'm helping all over with PSA stuff and animations. Akeno can vouch for me on that.
    « Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 02:52:28 AM by HeavyD88 » Logged

WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #106 on: February 06, 2014, 08:40:50 AM »

Oh now I see, I'll look into making that weaker lol.
    I also see what you mean about the Side B, I will rework the animation and we will edit the hitboxes to try to make the attack work better.

As for the stage FS idea, yes we did use temple for the beta. We did so because of the model's small size, so I would look into trying to reduce the stage your working with's filesize.
    Also I may be mistaken, but you may need a custom special throw to make it look like Captain's. Who is it over?

I'll try Imgur though, my bandwith will come back in a few days, so I'll break up the pictures between photoucket and Imgur then so I don't have to redo everything.

He's pretty different, and he plays completely different. I can send you a link for him if you would like to try him out.
    Well... sounds good.

I'm making that PSA over Pit... Hope it can be possible over him...

If you want, I can make some albums for the images you want to post, just need to make a shared dropbox folder, and it's good...

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #107 on: February 06, 2014, 01:34:08 PM »

I would love to try him out. I could definitely give some feedback for ya as well. I'm helping all over with PSA stuff and animations. Akeno can vouch for me on that.

Awesome, PMed

Well... sounds good.

I'm making that PSA over Pit... Hope it can be possible over him...

If you want, I can make some albums for the images you want to post, just need to make a shared dropbox folder, and it's good...

I know there's a tutorial about giving a character a custom special throw when they don't normally have one, but its pretty complicated. I haven't tried it myself because of lack of hex knowledge. But knowing how to do that would definitely be awesome. If you ever want help with your psa Id be happy to help.

And that would be great man, although i'm already using a shared dropbox folder. Is it possible to be connected with two?
    « Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 01:42:37 PM by RevenantGenesis » Logged

Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
    Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
    "If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #108 on: February 06, 2014, 01:46:23 PM »

As repayment for ShinyMammoth attempting to help out with Chrom, I'll be happy to test Chrom if you want me to Tongue

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Akeno/Archer
    Special Access

« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2014, 02:00:22 PM »

Awesome, PMed

I know there's a tutorial about giving a character a custom special throw when they don't normally have one, but its pretty complicated. I haven't tried it myself because of lack of hex knowledge. But knowing how to do that would definitely be awesome. If you ever want help with your psa Id be happy to help.

And that would be great man, although i'm already using a shared dropbox folder. Is it possible to be connected with two?
    Yep theres one but i dont know anything about hexing... so if it4s not possiblem ill try another method...

I am connected with 3 shared folders...  Kirby Dance

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #110 on: February 06, 2014, 02:02:52 PM »

As repayment for ShinyMammoth attempting to help out with Chrom, I'll be happy to test Chrom if you want me to Tongue

Sounds good, I'll send you a pm.

Yep theres one but i dont know anything about hexing... so if it4s not possiblem ill try another method...

I am connected with 3 shared folders...  Kirby Dance

Awesomeee, how do I go about doing that? lol

"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Akeno/Archer
    Special Access

« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2014, 03:10:59 PM »

Sounds good, I'll send you a pm.

Awesomeee, how do I go about doing that? lol
    Well... Create a folder in dropbox, and select the people with who you want to share it with...

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #112 on: February 06, 2014, 04:10:33 PM »

Lol well I think I can do that.
    From what I understand I need your Email?
    « Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 04:52:47 PM by RevenantGenesis » Logged

JAD
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #113 on: February 06, 2014, 04:36:32 PM »

Yes the spyro PSA is very similar to the suggested one I posted. I like your moveset so far and I think having him taunt to change his breath from fire to ice to electric would be cool. And sparx changing colors depending on spyros health. As well as some moves like his Ariel's mimic those of charizards. I can't wait to see this go forth

frozenfire
    Hyper Kitten

Power of the soul

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #114 on: February 06, 2014, 05:03:32 PM »

Ok I have played around with chrom a bit truly amazing work here's my opinion:

N-B: perfect except 10% damage is a little High for charging all the way

Side-B: it's really just the second hit doesn't always connect. The first attack connects but it's  like the momentum if the second hit causes it not to connect

Forward air: Animation is a bit fast. Not really an issue

Side smash: the effect of the knockback seems to take affect before the actual animation. The opponent will get knocked back before chrom completes his attack

Up smash: could use a bit more knockback

Misc: his cape during his win animation doesn't move and is pointed upwards

FS:  Awesome Face Awesome Face Awesome Face    Cry *sniff* it's...it's beautiful

Check out my pack and get involved. I Want your ideas!!!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=70882.0

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #115 on: February 06, 2014, 06:24:15 PM »

Yes the spyro PSA is very similar to the suggested one I posted. I like your moveset so far and I think having him taunt to change his breath from fire to ice to electric would be cool. And sparx changing colors depending on spyros health. As well as some moves like his Ariel's mimic those of charizards. I can't wait to see this go forth
    Stay tuned, it may take us a bit to get this guy lol

Ok I have played around with chrom a bit truly amazing work here's my opinion:

N-B: perfect except 10% damage is a little High for charging all the way

Side-B: it's really just the second hit doesn't always connect. The first attack connects but it's  like the momentum if the second hit causes it not to connect

Forward air: Animation is a bit fast. Not really an issue

Side smash: the effect of the knockback seems to take affect before the actual animation. The opponent will get knocked back before chrom completes his attack

Up smash: could use a bit more knockback

Misc: his cape during his win animation doesn't move and is pointed upwards

FS:  Awesome Face Awesome Face Awesome Face    Cry *sniff* it's...it's beautiful

Thanks for the review Smiley

Your right, were dumming down the recoil damage from the nb to 5% or to nothing. Were not quite sure yet.

With the side B do you mean the air one?

I'll take a look at it, but are you talking about the first stab? Because he attacks twice for that attack.

As for the up smash I agree as well. Were having trouble with the precise hitbox for that attack, which is supposed to do more knockback.

Thanks for bringing his cape to my attention too, I have been having trouble with his cape because of how its rigged.

Im really glad the FS is turning out good too, it was a total on the fly idea and we weren't sure if it would work lol.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 06:28:28 PM by RevenantGenesis » Logged

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #116 on: February 06, 2014, 07:05:36 PM »

Stay tuned, it may take us a bit to get this guy lol

Thanks for the review Smiley

Your right, were dumming down the recoil damage from the nb to 5% or to nothing. Were not quite sure yet.

With the side B do you mean the air one?

I'll take a look at it, but are you talking about the first stab? Because he attacks twice for that attack.

As for the up smash I agree as well. Were having trouble with the precise hitbox for that attack, which is supposed to do more knockback.

Thanks for bringing his cape to my attention too, I have been having trouble with his cape because of how its rigged.

Im really glad the FS is turning out good too, it was a total on the fly idea and we weren't sure if it would work lol.

Tested Chrom out for a few with the time that I had. Pretty much what everyone said is what needs fixing. I'll get down and gritty with the PSA stuff later. Right now, seeing as how ShinyMammoth isn't here right now, I want to talk animations Tongue

Wait2 needs to have Chrom's right arm weight down slightly when he catches his sword. Doesn't matter who you are or how skilled you are, if you toss a sword in the air and catch it, your arm isn't going to be that straight, ya' dig?

Personally, I wouldn't attempt making a throw-a-sword-and-make-it-spin-and-catch-it type of move because of how difficult it'd be to make it look passable. If you just can't get it to look polished and nice (which may or may not happen, who knows), I'd personally (it's an opinion, mate) scrap it and go for a different wait. Maybe something like Chrom holding up his blade and checking it out, or maybe lowering his sword and glancing around.

All the transitions you've made (LandingLight, LandingHeavy, etc) look a bit rough on the edges and need a slight bit of polishing.

I think the worst offender you have is the up smash.  All your animations look great, just need a bit of polish, but they all look great.

... Except for the up smash.

I've stood there in Training mode just spamming it over and over and trying to see if it looks nice. Then I went to Brawlbox and had it playing on loop.

The start and loop are fine, but you probably should add a few more frames from when Chrom starts swinging the sword to when he's holding it with both hands (before he swings it over to the other side).

And make the "Exit" to the animation (where he goes to wait) yourself. It'll look much cleaner that way (in my opinion) instead of using Ike's.

Otherwise, it all looks great. Just make sure to break out the polishing brush and it'll look great.

In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

That's what comes of under-estimating me.

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Famous Hacker Starstormer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #117 on: February 06, 2014, 07:14:41 PM »

I tested Chrom. Very nice job by the way guys. He's pretty damn good.

Okay down to business. The slight issues I found were for the most part already posted by Saber(Akeno) and FrozenFire98. My two cents in there would be to adjust the length that Chrom dashes forward for the second strike of his Side B on ground only. In the game he goes right through the enemy as if to cleave them in two. He ends quite far on the other side of them as a result. The move itself is fine just make him go farther past the opponent he's attacking.

For his Neutral B attack, You should change the angle of the hitbox to reflect the direction of the swing. It doesn't really make sense that the enemy goes flying upward when he swings so far left or right(depending on where you're facing). And yes change the self damage down from 10%.

Does his DAir have a spike or no? Because I think there should be a sweet spot spike on that move.

Also what Drogoth said. The animations still need a bit of cleaning up to make them smoother.

Everything else seems fine to me though. Oh and I made a Wait1 for Chrom myself. I can show you it if you want. Normally he doesnt bounce around that much. He's really just standing there.

This is what I did. Quick and simple to make.

I also made a Wait1 for Lucina. This one took quite a while to do.
    « Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 08:03:22 PM by HeavyD88 » Logged

WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Lito
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #118 on: February 06, 2014, 10:44:38 PM »

Hey guys, I came around to apologize. I've been dead busy, dead stressed, and just dead in general. A lot has been going on and I haven't been able to test Chrom. I hope you guys can forgive me.

I'll be back in 2 weeks to test out whatever you guys need me to. Same to you Drogoth.

Cheers.

ShinyMammoth
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #119 on: February 06, 2014, 11:22:03 PM »

Thanks for the reviews guys, we're playing star wars right now so we will get back with a more in depth response later.

In the meantime.

seeing as how ShinyMammoth isn't here right now

Derp...
    Just Cuz I'm not responding doesn't mean I'm not reading the topic. At risk of hearing more of your opinions/warnings as to what we should attempt, what did you find wrong with the PSA. side drogoth?

Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 29
    Print
    Jump to: