The Star Forge: Side Project - SSBU Sheik

Started by RevenantMammoth, November 13, 2013, 09:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Who should come out first?

Black Knight
9 (27.3%)
Chrom
18 (54.5%)
Hector
2 (6.1%)
Roy
4 (12.1%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: December 13, 2013, 09:26:35 PM

Quote from: Kagerou Imaizumi on May 01, 2014, 12:25:06 AM
Maybe you could make a dummy hitbox connected to the bomb so whenever the dummy hitbox runs into a wall it removes the GFX and causes an explosion.

The explosion would still move through the wall and so would the "gfx".

The bone that the bomb is attached to won't stop moving.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Tidus on May 01, 2014, 12:35:07 AM
The explosion would still move through the wall and so would the "gfx".

The bone that the bomb is attached to won't stop moving.
But if there's no hitbox on the said bone, then it'll be useless whether it moves or not.
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Quote from: Akeno Ryuko on May 01, 2014, 01:29:36 AM
But if there's no hitbox on the said bone, then it'll be useless whether it moves or not.

Then the resulting explosion against the wall wouldn't do damage.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Tidus on May 01, 2014, 01:33:50 AM
Then the resulting explosion against the wall wouldn't do damage.
It would explode right at the impact, not before nor after... Maybe I should test that tomorrow...
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

May 01, 2014, 02:40:46 AM #364 Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 02:42:15 AM by Tidus
Quote from: Akeno Ryuko on May 01, 2014, 01:59:01 AM
It would explode right at the impact, not before nor after... Maybe I should test that tomorrow...

So something like this?

If Hitbox connects

Explosion
Terminate gfx

End if

and then

If touches wall/floor

Explosion
Terminate gfx effect
End If

But it'd still explode within the wall.

You could probably run a loop that checks every frame to see if it hit the wall and then to terminate the hitbox

so maybe something like this

Set loop X iterations
sync timer 1
if touches wall/floor
explosion
terminate gfx
end if
execute loop

But that'd still be 1 frame into the wall, and not before (depending on how far the grenade is animated to actually move forward)

Post Merge: May 01, 2014, 02:42:14 AM

I'll explain more when I come back :P

Kinda in a rush


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Tidus on May 01, 2014, 02:40:46 AM
So something like this?

If Hitbox connects

Explosion
Terminate gfx

End if

and then

If touches wall/floor

Explosion
Terminate gfx effect
End If

But it'd still explode within the wall.

You could probably run a loop that checks every frame to see if it hit the wall and then to terminate the hitbox

so maybe something like this

Set loop X iterations
sync timer 1
if touches wall/floor
explosion
terminate gfx
end if
execute loop

But that'd still be 1 frame into the wall, and not before (depending on how far the grenade is animated to actually move forward)

Post Merge: May 01, 2014, 02:42:14 AM

I'll explain more when I come back :P

Kinda in a rush
Y'know, if it's just 1 frame in the wall/floor, that wouldn't be a tremendous issue (barely noticeable in-game, except if the frame goes really deep in the ground...)
But yea, something that way... Explain more when you can, please.
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

It honestly comes down to how RG animates the grenade toss.

If it comes into contact with the wall early, then the gfx will definitely go into the wall (and pretty darn deep). If it comes into contact near the end of the animation, then it wouldn't be a problem.

There's so many factors that go into the placement of the grenade. If you want to make sure that it absolutely never goes into a wall, then you'd have to make the animation go extremely slow (maybe like 200 frames or something) and have the TransN bone inch forward and use the loop check to see if it touched a wall. You'd also have to give it a FSM (but that's obvious)


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Tidus on May 01, 2014, 01:54:33 PM
It honestly comes down to how RG animates the grenade toss.

If it comes into contact with the wall early, then the gfx will definitely go into the wall (and pretty darn deep). If it comes into contact near the end of the animation, then it wouldn't be a problem.

There's so many factors that go into the placement of the grenade. If you want to make sure that it absolutely never goes into a wall, then you'd have to make the animation go extremely slow (maybe like 200 frames or something) and have the TransN bone inch forward and use the loop check to see if it touched a wall. You'd also have to give it a FSM (but that's obvious)
Yeah, I see your point. Let's just see how RG turns out his animation.
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

May 03, 2014, 03:16:13 AM #368 Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 03:20:00 AM by RevenantGenesis
Honestly from what I can tell we're going to use Sheik's chain. I'll animate the grenade moving how it should in Sheik's animation data in her chain, and make it explode on button release.
Hoping everything goes according to plan when the time comes. lol


Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

May 03, 2014, 05:05:07 AM #369 Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 03:30:35 PM by Naoto-san
Sounds good.

Post Merge: May 04, 2014, 11:44:21 PM

Hey guys. I just finished one of the Black Knights recolors. Here it is. It's Zephiel's over his black costume. I'll post the rest once I finish them. He wont have the bloody sword, that's just something I did for myself. Unless you want it.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Alright that's all of them. Tell me what you guys think when you have the time.

EDIT: I just uploaded the recolors to the Vault if anyone wants them.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: RevenantGenesis on April 30, 2014, 03:24:35 AM
Indeed, I was planning on blowing the dust off this topic and dropping some Chrom updates soon. His psa is pretty much done. When it comes to the psa for his sfx, I believe we just need to put the event that calls a random sound out of two, and that should be done. We have been working a lot on all of his graphics and hitbox fixes for a while now, mostly for his FS. Were trying to make it look really perfect.
I have also made some of the edits I mentioned already to your .sawnd file as well. Nothing major though.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a6w963av84vgm92/Chrom.sawnd

Like I said though his psa should be completely finished with a couple days. We just have to make the Aether graphics for his FS look perfect, along with the sfx codding for his side B. Do you know anything about converting his sfx to be a brawl ex slot?

Also, pictures of his updates will be posted soon, and possibly a video.

Wow, that soon? I was half-hoping you'd say a few weeks because it's gonna be a while before I'm able to work on the sfx. If someone who knows their way around sfx hacks wants to work on it, they're welcome to do so for  the time being.
Only when a mosquito lands on your groin, do you realize; not everything can be solved with violence.

May 07, 2014, 11:09:39 PM #371 Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 11:11:46 PM by RevenantGenesis
Quote from: Naoto-san on May 03, 2014, 05:05:07 AM
Sounds good.

Post Merge: May 04, 2014, 11:44:21 PM

Hey guys. I just finished one of the Black Knights recolors. Here it is. It's Zephiel's over his black costume. I'll post the rest once I finish them. He wont have the bloody sword, that's just something I did for myself. Unless you want it.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Alright that's all of them. Tell me what you guys think when you have the time.

EDIT: I just uploaded the recolors to the Vault if anyone wants them.

Dude these are awesome, I didn't see these before. I'll make CSPs to go along with my others to match these guys. We may include bloody versions of BK as a bonus too.

Quote from: pinipigbomb on May 05, 2014, 10:29:10 PM
Wow, that soon? I was half-hoping you'd say a few weeks because it's gonna be a while before I'm able to work on the sfx. If someone who knows their way around sfx hacks wants to work on it, they're welcome to do so for  the time being.

Honestly its taking us longer than we thought. We cant seem to get the freeze frame thing that happens when Chrom activates Aether and Crits from awakening, and I'd like to have it exact, but we may have to settle. We got the symbol for it activating down though, and the numbers that appear when you take damage in awakening as well. Ripped them straight from the game, in so many words.
I'll probably take up editing the rest of the sawnd file as well.


Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Quote from: RevenantGenesis on May 07, 2014, 11:09:39 PMRipped them straight from the game, in so many words.

Since when were we able to rip stuff from 3ds games?

I know someone was importing a 3ds oot link, but I have no idea how he did it.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

lol "in so many words."

take a high res pic of awakening's damage font, cut it out, make it into a graphic :p
Got it saying critical too.


Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Quote from: RevenantGenesis on May 07, 2014, 11:14:37 PM
lol "in so many words."

take a high res pic of awakening's damage font, cut it out, make it into a graphic :p
Got it saying critical too.

Mate... someone ripped 3DS OOT Link

Why are you still here and not scouring the ends of the earth trying to find the guy?


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.