Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to split characters like Zelda and Sheik? How do you add characters?  (Read 3049 times)
Uikri
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: November 19, 2013, 11:05:56 PM »

So, as you may or may not know, in Project M, characters like Zelda and Sheik, or Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard are split to be individually selectable characters instead of all part of one character. What I want to know is how that was achieved, so I can do it. Also, how did the folks at PMBR add extra characters? Or do we not know that yet? Lastly, what are .rel files? I have .rel files for pretty much every character and stage from Project M. Will they work with any mod that requires a .rel file?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 11:09:32 PM by Uikri » Logged

ABloodyCanadian
Ellipsis Abuser…
Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 07:13:49 AM »

Your 1st 2 questions are most likely done with Codes. Having said characters seperate uses codes like the Independent Pokemon Engine, and a similar code for Zelda and Sheik. Adding Extra Characters is another code which I think was called the Clone Engine? I'm not entirely sure on that. Rel files are certain rules that characters/stages must follow. I don't think every rel file will work with every stage.

Uikri
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 08:42:44 PM »

Rel files are certain rules that characters/stages must follow. I don't think every rel file will work with every stage.

What I mean is, will the .rel from Project M for, say, Final Destination work with any mod that needs a Final Destination .rel, or is each .rel made specifically for the mod it goes with?

Blue Vixen
    Mega Kitten

I don't know what to put here...

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 03:05:21 PM »

Characters that come with .rel normally won't work, except for Snake cuz he's special(he freezes when using any projectile,so he's unhackable  Sad )

Most stages will work with P:M I think that only PKMN Stadium 2,Warioware and Norfair ones won't work.
    « Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 12:06:21 PM by Silver_Arrow-X » Logged

Uikri
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 01:25:40 PM »

Characters that come with .rel normally won't work, except for Snake cuz he's special(he freezes when using any projectile,so he's unhackable  Sad )

Most stages will work with P:M I think that only PKMN Stadium 2,Warioware and Norfair ones won't work.

Eh? Snake's been hacked before. And also that's not what I was asking.

Blue Vixen
    Mega Kitten

I don't know what to put here...

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 02:42:04 PM »

Dude you actually asked about character and .rels,the Project M version of Snake freezes with any vertex/model import, I'm just warning you.

Lastly, what are .rel files? I have .rel files for pretty much every character and stage from Project M. Will they work with any mod that requires a .rel file?

If a stage comes with a .rel file USE it.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: