Gerudo Prince 1.5 (final) - errors fixed

Started by Quicksilver, March 23, 2010, 02:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

update vid plz ;)

this looks pretty good so I might download it l8er


<btw, I got a new sig> (no one probably cares but oh well)
Computers will ALWAYS do what you TELL them to do, but RARELY what you WANT them to do! - My personal saying

gamer, swimmer, computer guy, trumpeteer, game programmer

Well pretty much everything I was gonna say was just said 0_o

Only exception is that Ganon should be slow and menacingly powerful, that's just how he is

His sidesmash should be his original, it fits better and the one you gave him now should be a hidden move for juggling purposes

His spin attack needs better animation, too many spins and he starts off facing the wrong direction, it's just 2 quick spins, right foot forward and crouching to start, spins forward and swings to the right, steps forward with left foot so it's right in front of his right, spins, steps forward with right foot, throw out 2nd sword swing

His neutral B is a cool idea, but like someone else said, it should be bigger, then you can either make it take a lot of time to come out but make it VERY strong, or you could make it come out quicker and make it average strength, and is there any way to add an explosion effect on an opponent when it hits? And could you change the charge animation for it to have him raise his hand above his head then throw it forward, that's how he does it in OOT

I just tried vertex hacking the sword but it froze, for some reason you can't export the model of the sword, whenever I do I get a warning stating an unhandled exception has occured even though it exports the file anyways so I can't really help there

i got the same error. odd.
I did not stay like  peter pan and the lost boys and I unfortunately grew up and moved on to other things. I GIVE FULL PERMISSION FOR EVERYONE TO DO WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT WITH ANY OF MY PREVIOUS WORK
(it would be nice if you credited me tho :3)  have a great life everyone! :)

I'd also like to add that animations need some work overall, his neutral A combo is cool but the 2nd hit comes out too slow to be usable and he floats backwards after the attack is finished

April 21, 2010, 05:13:17 AM #64 Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 06:02:37 AM by Triple Seven

EDIT

My original post concerned my desire to see the darknut sword lengthened to match it's hitbox/the original blade. Humorously enough, I managed to solve my own problem minutes after posting this. For those that would like to lengthen the sword to match its actual hitbox, here's what I did (excuse me if this is already common knowledge):

Open the FitGanonMotionEtc. in Brawlbox. Export the ModelData Brres. You'll get an error message, but just click continue. It will save. Now, using FortWaffles' model importer (and following the simple directions in the accompanying readme), change the scale of the sword to 1.5 (That was my first guess and it seems to match up perfectly. Lucky me). Save. (The first time I tried to save, it gave me an error and didn't proceed. The second time it gave me an error and saved properly) Now export the model from your new Brres file onto your Fitmotionetc (ignoring any errors) and Viola! After messing around with it, it seems to work fine, and despite the repeated error messages, I've thus far experienced no glitches or freezes of any sort. If anyone has any problems, let me know, and thanks again for making the sword available in the first place.

awesomeness 777. feel free to post the updated motionect and ill change the link in the OP to it.

im hoping to get the final psa out there asap. (WITH A WORKING AAA)

im also juggling this with some stage hacks, sothe, and master cheif. ive only got a month of me having a wii left. so im trying to release all my works in progress
I did not stay like  peter pan and the lost boys and I unfortunately grew up and moved on to other things. I GIVE FULL PERMISSION FOR EVERYONE TO DO WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT WITH ANY OF MY PREVIOUS WORK
(it would be nice if you credited me tho :3)  have a great life everyone! :)

Why what's happening in a month? Also after animations and attacks are done, he must be balanced too, although I think there's a place on smashboards where people balance PSAs out for the brawl codeset projects, IDK if it's started yet though

UPDATE!!!!! v1.1!!!!

check the OP!

both motionects have been edited as well as the .pac
its pretty damn close to perfect :)

ull see the changes for urself

enjoy everybody!!

(pst. walk, sword size, and AAA have been changed)
I did not stay like  peter pan and the lost boys and I unfortunately grew up and moved on to other things. I GIVE FULL PERMISSION FOR EVERYONE TO DO WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT WITH ANY OF MY PREVIOUS WORK
(it would be nice if you credited me tho :3)  have a great life everyone! :)

Quote from: Quicksilver on May 02, 2010, 02:10:57 AM
UPDATE!!!!! v1.1!!!!

check the OP!

both motionects have been edited as well as the .pac
its pretty damn close to perfect :)

ull see the changes for urself

enjoy everybody!!

(pst. walk, sword size, and AAA have been changed)

You didn't have to give me credit you know but... uh if you want to then could you use this username instead? This is the one I want to keep, Akuma is an old one


Also I tried out the new set, it's coming along nice but here's a few things that need fixing:

-AAA combo only puts out 2 hits automatically, and the 2nd hit comes out way too slow for it to ever be useful
-Downtilt needs a longer hitbox on the 1st sweeping hit to match the swords length
-Uptilt needs less endlag so it can actually be used as a combo juggle move
-Upsmash, shouldn't this send people upwards? It sends people to the side, so it's more like just another sidesmash
-Sidesmash(regular swipe) has the beamsword sound effect on it again, and when you charge all the way it changes to the other one, so the max output of damage on the slash in 18%, and then on the full charged alternate it's 21%, so neither are good kill moves or good moves in general really, just let regular sidesmash stay as the swipe including when you charge it all the way and have the max damage be somewhere around 25%

Also you can interrupt this sidesmash way too early, so you can throw out 3 regular sidesmashes in a little over a second, needs fixing on that part too

-Sidesmash(Spin attack) - the first hitbox should make it so the second hit is inevitable, so make the first hit trip the enemy, other than that it's awesome, maybe make just a tad faster on the startup and give the first hit a little more range
-Sidesmash(explosion up-tilt) - Way overpowered, considering how fast it comes out it should have way less knockback and damage but good range

NeutralB special - A larger energy ball appears at the beginning for a split second, then it disappears, then he shoots out a small ball, fix that and maybe change the shooting sound to something different

DownB special - If you jump and do it, then don't touch anything so he stays in that one position, you can make him slide all over the stage slowly, it's funny but should be fixed, other than that LOVING IT, hit A right when you get hit and do an awesome counterattack or wait an extra second and do any other move

Grab Pummel - You can only do one and I can't tell what he's doing, Ganondorf is a beast, he should be bashing people with his knee

Grab Forward throw - AWESOMESS DO NOT CHANGE

Grab Back throw - needs less endlag because at low percentages the enemy will get up and hit you real quick, also, I think he should toss the enemy behind him then side kick them, it seems more his style, this makes him seem like a telepathic user, Ganondorf is a brute and shows it in most of your moveset but these grabs don't match him well

-Grab upthrow - needs less endlag for combo followups but pretty cool

Grab downthrow - he should shove the enemy's face into the ground or something similar I think, just opinion

This is getting real close to feeling legit though, keep it up and let me know what you think of my suggestions

ok sense ur still getting the beamsword sound effect, u didnt get the right .pac. i updated the OP after posting that replay on the thread. im pretty sure u need to redownload the new one.

yeah yeah. balence issues. bleh r)

ill balence if i get time. dont expect a balenced one for a while tho.

btw most of those problems u listed were intentional or unadvoidable (except the juggle moves.)
I did not stay like  peter pan and the lost boys and I unfortunately grew up and moved on to other things. I GIVE FULL PERMISSION FOR EVERYONE TO DO WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT WITH ANY OF MY PREVIOUS WORK
(it would be nice if you credited me tho :3)  have a great life everyone! :)

UP smash should be longer. It's to me so far the best move in the moveset, and it needs more knockback also. You can interupt any grab you do, which I think is irritating, since I move right away after a grab only to find that it didn't do anything at all. When you do a charge, Ganon does some animation before going to the right one. Also when you crouch he stands up every once in a while. Sword version needs a new up B. Santiys theif has everything else.

May 03, 2010, 01:54:04 AM #71 Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 05:44:01 PM by Sanitys Theif
Quote from: Quicksilver on May 02, 2010, 11:03:50 PM
ok sense ur still getting the beamsword sound effect, u didnt get the right .pac. i updated the OP after posting that replay on the thread. im pretty sure u need to redownload the new one.

yeah yeah. balence issues. bleh r)

ill balence if i get time. dont expect a balenced one for a while tho.

btw most of those problems u listed were intentional or unadvoidable (except the juggle moves.)

I'll download the newer pac on tuesday, got a big test tomorrow that I need to study for right now and I don't get home until 10PM

And there's a place on smashboards where your supposed to be able to hand in your PSA and they'll balance it for the various code projects, IDK what's been going on with that lately though but it's something you might want to look into if all you have left to do is balance, I think there's few things you should fix but if you think it's fine then go for it


EDIT: Darknut Sword file link is broken

May 09, 2010, 01:38:27 AM #72 Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 01:43:55 AM by AGFanProduction
Quote from: Quicksilver on March 23, 2010, 02:38:44 AM
The Gerudo patriarch has been reborn :ganon:

needs both the FitGanon.pac and the FitGanonMotionEct.pac   (BOTH THE .pac AND THE DARKNUT SWORD motionect HAVE BEEN UPDATED!)

FitGannon.pac:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9RFWVBXI

and ur choice of swords for the fitmotionect (same moveset, just looks different):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R0TTKO19(Sword from Twilight Princess)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UOAGNDPP (custom made Darknut Sword)
Special thanks to Triple Seven for the sword resizing.

basicly its a new moveset that allows you to draw a choice of 2 diff swords, thus changing to a sword moveset that can be changed back by sheathing the sword.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVdxAQZQbVk
^VIDEO   :o

fixed:



Quote from: Quicksilver on March 23, 2010, 02:38:44 AM

Hey I like this Ganondorf sword  :)
I have a Question:
what can I do if Want to use The Melee Sword only in the D-Taunt?
I don't want the Moveset I just want the Sword in his D-Taunt
What can I do?
Reply Please!
*Permission to use Mewtwo PSA hack is granted, only if I'm collaborated in the Brawl Vault Download, otherwise, no permission is given and if is already used, remove download from vault, unless you collaborate me*

AG's PSA/Animation Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=36777.0
KC-MM Project Mewtwo: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=55338.0
The *M* Texture thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=9737.0
Godzilla Unleashed Model Importing Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64587.0




Probably just switch the model and textures in Ganon's FitMotion. o_o


UPDATED OP!!!!

i LOVE how it is now.    :af:

i plan to depower the AAA a smidge tho and add super armor to the Nair.

I did not stay like  peter pan and the lost boys and I unfortunately grew up and moved on to other things. I GIVE FULL PERMISSION FOR EVERYONE TO DO WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT WITH ANY OF MY PREVIOUS WORK
(it would be nice if you credited me tho :3)  have a great life everyone! :)