The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Nebulon on February 25, 2014, 12:38:56 AM
According to the list in the OP ID 28 is used for nothing, so I'm going to see if it's possible to use.

Can anyone confirm that it's actually nothing? As in it's not a Warioman or a Giga or anything?

28's been what's used on the CSS Code as long as I've known. And in the CSSRoster it's definitely listed as nothing.
I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Woah... if you put it in, it's a random icon you can't select. It doesn't freeze... it's literally nothing. Well slot 28 is worthless :/
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Nebulon on February 25, 2014, 12:44:08 AM
Woah... if you put it in, it's a random icon you can't select. It doesn't freeze... it's literally nothing. Well slot 28 is worthless :/

Could that be due to the seemingly useless transparent textures having been removed from the character select screen file? I have noticed that a lot of them have been removed from the one for the BrawlEx Expansion one.
I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Quote from: Axel Akutare on February 25, 2014, 01:00:53 AM
Could that be due to the seemingly useless transparent textures having been removed from the character select screen file? I have noticed that a lot of them have been removed from the one for the BrawlEx Expansion one.

I don't know... I didn't add cosmetics, so it should have loaded the original character: Marth clone. I don't know what happened.

Must just BE that way... Well, I hope there's a work around for more characters soon.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Sammi Husky on February 25, 2014, 12:35:16 AM
Hello

Sorry if the code was a little confusing in my video. The character ID's for the pokemon are 5d 5e 5c in the minus gct. you will have to remove the characters id's and subtract the character count by 3 to remove the pokemon. i don't quite have the zelda and shiek codes on hand at the moment, but incidentally, you could just replace the minus CSS screen with the Default custom CSS.

you could also just use the CSS expansion for BrawlEx, in which case you don't need the CSS code at all. hope this helped a bit. there's a readme with brawlEx inside of the modules folder, and if you scroll down to the bottom, you will see the characters ID's. if you want to remove a character, you simply gotta find that ID in the CSS code and remove it, while subtracting the character count
Do I just copy that over and it automatically generates the CSS or something? Sorry if I'm not understanding it entirely

Quote from: Lordshadow on February 25, 2014, 01:35:11 AM
Do I just copy that over and it automatically generates the CSS or something? Sorry if I'm not understanding it entirely

If your new to brawlEx, your best bet is to watch the tutorials very thoroughly. The OP has some explanation of how the CSS code works. if you want to add a new character, you have to add an ID that isn't already in the code and add 1 to the character count.

i know my video tutorials weren't the best in terms of clarity on the CSS code, but that's mainly because there are a lot of resources available here on the forums, and in the OP.

alternatively, Minus will eventually be including BrawlEx in the next update with open slots for you to add characters, so you could also wait until then. though that may be a while depending on when we get things finished

Id 28 is actually "blank"

It was used in the CSS code back in the days to push CSS icons or to seperate CSS icons from being to close or whatever
so
000102
would look like this in the CSS
000102
and
002828282801282828280228282802
would look like this
00              01               02

I just avoid using 28 for safety, anyways off subject comment

I had four cloned Peaches but Removed one using the remove option on the BrawlEx Tool Sammi made and deleted the module and folder with it but when i turned on the game that Peach was replaced with a freezable Mario. I made a clone Pit hoping it would overlap the glitch but all it did was move the Mario icon over and changed it to show an unselectable Pit. So as of right now its harmless, i was curious why it's there

Quote from: justadood on February 23, 2014, 11:58:45 PM
it's not an error message. i just try to open it and it tells me "the publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?" and under publisher i see that it says "unknown publisher", but I hit "Run" ...this is exactly what shows up:

The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?

Name: Module Editor 3.3.exe
Publisher: Unknown Publisher
Type: Application

[Run] [Cancel]


then the same exact window repeating the above comes up with the only differences being that the line that says "name" doesn't just have "module editor 3.3.exe", but this second window has details before it that say the file location (under "name")...
and the one other difference is that there's a new line of info in this window called "From", and it repeats the file location that name does:

The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?

Name: ...rew\AppData\Local\Temp\wz1833\Module Editor 3.3.exe
Publisher: Unknown Publisher
Type: Application
From: C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Temp\wz1833\Module ...

[Run] [Cancel]

(yes there are spaces in the program name) and I hit run again, and it seems to be loading and the cursor changes to the wheel and cursor to show that something is loading, and then i wait and it stops and the wheel dissappears and nothing comes up... i waited a few minutes, in case it was taking a while, i tried to check the task manager, but no applications came up, and this laptop i'm using is new, and definitely not slow, and i tried to download and redownload the same program from your youtube link as well after i'd already downloaded the one here so many times, and i even tried to download the 3.2 version, but that one has a different error that says something like "unexpected error", like the error when you [censored] up in PSA or bralwbox...

can i please get a solution to this problem? x_x ..i wanna play brawl... i neeeeed it... T^T
I'M JUST A DOOD

February 25, 2014, 02:41:51 AM #3174 Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 02:43:48 AM by Lordshadow
Quote from: Sammi Husky on February 25, 2014, 01:49:02 AM
If your new to brawlEx, your best bet is to watch the tutorials very thoroughly. The OP has some explanation of how the CSS code works. if you want to add a new character, you have to add an ID that isn't already in the code and add 1 to the character count.

i know my video tutorials weren't the best in terms of clarity on the CSS code, but that's mainly because there are a lot of resources available here on the forums, and in the OP.

alternatively, Minus will eventually be including BrawlEx in the next update with open slots for you to add characters, so you could also wait until then. though that may be a while depending on when we get things finished
I most certainly don't feel like waiting. I've learned to understand plenty of codes, it's just a case of getting that initial understanding down. I understood all the hard bits of the video, even to the point of "Wait, isn't the lucario rel supposed to be in the module folder." I just need to know the specific bits of either the CSS code, or that CSS Expansion
Edit: Do I also need some kirby hat .rel?

I JUST WANT A WORKING VERSION OF THE MODULE EDITOR! DX I don't know if it's because i have a bad version of windows, but my version is "windows 7 home premium", and i don't see why it just won't work T-T
I'M JUST A DOOD

February 25, 2014, 03:36:31 AM #3176 Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 03:38:47 AM by Sammi Husky
Quote from: Lordshadow on February 25, 2014, 02:41:51 AM
I most certainly don't feel like waiting. I've learned to understand plenty of codes, it's just a case of getting that initial understanding down. I understood all the hard bits of the video, even to the point of "Wait, isn't the lucario rel supposed to be in the module folder." I just need to know the specific bits of either the CSS code, or that CSS Expansion
Edit: Do I also need some kirby hat .rel?

Kirby hats need to be disabled in order for the game not to crash, so no .rel for kirby is necessary. The CSS code is explained in the OP. i've explained it a number of times...*sigh* if the thread didn't move so fast i would just tell you you look around, but here is how the CSS works.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Hope this clears things up a bit.

Quote from: justadood on February 25, 2014, 03:04:54 AM
I JUST WANT A WORKING VERSION OF THE MODULE EDITOR! DX I don't know if it's because i have a bad version of windows, but my version is "windows 7 home premium", and i don't see why it just won't work T-T

incidentally, you can just open the module in Brawlbox 0.71. it has a working module editor, and you can just right click on the section you want to change and click 'memory viewer'. then you can edit it that way.  :kdance:

EDIT: also, you should watch my newest tutorial that uses my tool, it makes things a ton easier but for NOW requires you to use CSSRoster.dat as you CSS screen. meaning the BrawlEx CSS expansion

Quote from: Sammi Husky on February 25, 2014, 03:36:31 AM
Kirby hats need to be disabled in order for the game not to crash, so no .rel for kirby is necessary. The CSS code is explained in the OP. i've explained it a number of times...*sigh* if the thread didn't move so fast i would just tell you you look around, but here is how the CSS works.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Hope this clears things up a bit.

incidentally, you can just open the module in Brawlbox 0.71. it has a working module editor, and you can just right click on the section you want to change and click 'memory viewer'. then you can edit it that way.  :kdance:

EDIT: also, you should watch my newest tutorial that uses my tool, it makes things a ton easier but for NOW requires you to use CSSRoster.dat as you CSS screen. meaning the BrawlEx CSS expansion

Heya Sammi, by chance will there be an update to allow us to put in characters beyond 63? Are there any safe IDs inbetween 0-3F?
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Nebulon on February 25, 2014, 04:22:43 AM
Heya Sammi, by chance will there be an update to allow us to put in characters beyond 63? Are there any safe IDs inbetween 0-3F?

Sorry i don't follow, you mean an update to BrawlEx? ID 63 should be character 99 lol. ID's 0-3F are teh ones that came with brawl (mario, DK, link etc etc)

Quote from: Sammi Husky on February 25, 2014, 03:36:31 AM
Kirby hats need to be disabled in order for the game not to crash, so no .rel for kirby is
If I might pester one last time: Is there a code I should add for that? To disable kirby hats?