Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827569 times)
ShinF
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Hot Topic Pin Collector Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3180 on: February 24, 2014, 09:50:31 PM »

If I might pester one last time: Is there a code I should add for that? To disable kirby hats?
    Just set the Kirby Hat data on the right side of the Fighter Config to None.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3181 on: February 24, 2014, 10:01:54 PM »

Woah... if you put it in, it's a random icon you can't select. It doesn't freeze... it's literally nothing. Well slot 28 is worthless :/

CSSSlot 28 is a special id reserved for when the player marker specifically isn't hovering over any icon. this is why adding it to the CSS generates an icon that behaves exactly the same way as if no icon were there. Spunit262's original CSS code actually modifies the behavior of the CSS slightly so that including id 28 doesn't generate an icon and just leaves an empty space, but given that we can move the icons around freely using BrawlBox or the CSS Organizer, this feature isn't really required anymore.

If you're looking for free ids besides the ExSlots, all the ones marked with (empty) are available. This includes:

Fighters: 37 to 3E
    CSS Slots: 2A, 2B, 2C, 3C, 3D, 3E
    Cosmetics: 24, 3D, 3E

(The forbidden 7 Fighter Ids: 24, 26, 27, 28, 2B, 2D are also freely available)

The one that are lacking the most are the Character Slots to put your Fighters into. Without those, you can't use your extra Fighters at all. You could probably use the Boss slots (Slots: 33 to 3D), but I'm not entirely sure if these aren't already used by the game for the actual bosses themselves. The CSS Slots and Cosmetics for the bosses are also freely available as they were added as part of BrawlEx for consistency and are not used by the game.

Just remember that these slots don't normally have any associations, so to configure them, you'll have to set the config file's edit level to 1.

I JUST WANT A WORKING VERSION OF THE MODULE EDITOR! DX I don't know if it's because i have a bad version of windows, but my version is "windows 7 home premium", and i don't see why it just won't work T-T

From what I've read, it seems like Windows SmartScreen is messing with your ability to run the Module Editor. Right-click and go into properties for the .exe, you should be able to add an exception to SmartScreen for it.

Heya Sammi, by chance will there be an update to allow us to put in characters beyond 63? Are there any safe IDs inbetween 0-3F?

Adding more would require rebuilding a large majority of bx_fighter.rel. That's something I'm saving for when I start work on BrawlEx CE v2.

Also, I've updated the BrawlEx CE and CSS Expansion. The HRC bug has been fixed in the Clone Engine and I've added the modules for Jigglypuff, Metaknight and Ganondorf. Because the BrawlEx CE has reached fairly stable state, I've updated it to v1.2. The CSS Expansion just fixes the bug with the stock select vanishing in the Classic CSS.
    « Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 10:12:10 PM by PhantomWings » Logged

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3182 on: February 24, 2014, 10:29:28 PM »

CSSSlot 28 is a special id reserved for when the player marker specifically isn't hovering over any icon. this is why adding it to the CSS generates an icon that behaves exactly the same way as if no icon were there. Spunit262's original CSS code actually modifies the behavior of the CSS slightly so that including id 28 doesn't generate an icon and just leaves an empty space, but given that we can move the icons around freely using BrawlBox or the CSS Organizer, this feature isn't really required anymore.

If you're looking for free ids besides the ExSlots, all the ones marked with (empty) are available. This includes:

Fighters: 37 to 3E
    CSS Slots: 2A, 2B, 2C, 3C, 3D, 3E
    Cosmetics: 24, 3D, 3E

(The forbidden 7 Fighter Ids: 24, 26, 27, 28, 2B, 2D are also freely available)

The one that are lacking the most are the Character Slots to put your Fighters into. Without those, you can't use your extra Fighters at all. You could probably use the Boss slots (Slots: 33 to 3D), but I'm not entirely sure if these aren't already used by the game for the actual bosses themselves. The CSS Slots and Cosmetics for the bosses are also freely available as they were added as part of BrawlEx for consistency and are not used by the game.

Just remember that these slots don't normally have any associations, so to configure them, you'll have to set the config file's edit level to 1.

From what I've read, it seems like Windows SmartScreen is messing with your ability to run the Module Editor. Right-click and go into properties for the .exe, you should be able to add an exception to SmartScreen for it.

Adding more would require rebuilding a large majority of bx_fighter.rel. That's something I'm saving for when I start work on BrawlEx CE v2.

Also, I've updated the BrawlEx CE and CSS Expansion. The HRC bug has been fixed in the Clone Engine and I've added the modules for Jigglypuff, Metaknight and Ganondorf. Because the BrawlEx CE has reached fairly stable state, I've updated it to v1.2. The CSS Expansion just fixes the bug with the stock select vanishing in the Classic CSS.

So I assume all the bug fixes are in the common2.pac and common3.pac files?

Anyways great to hear those bugs are now fixed and that we finally have a Ganondorf module! Also thank you for listing those other free IDs. Awesome work as usual PhantomWings.

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3183 on: February 24, 2014, 10:32:13 PM »

So I assume all the bug fixes are in the common2.pac and common3.pac files?

Anyways great to hear those bugs are now fixed and that we finally have a Ganondorf module! Also thank you for listing those other free IDs. Awesome work as usual PhantomWings.
    I thought they would have been in bx_fighter as well.

Also, really excited to be able to clone Ganon now! Time to find some awesome PSAs for him!

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3184 on: February 24, 2014, 10:32:56 PM »

woot! update! Great work PhantomWings  Kirby Dance i only have a 1 question regarding the modules, and it's something pretty simple.

incidentally guys, i'm actually working on a ness module currently for you guys as well Tongue hopefully won't be too difficult. gotten just up to the point where im going to start patching the articles. Incidentally, i'll have an update for the tool by tomorrow fixing a few glitches and allowing you to set various sound related features in the config files.

Now that the update is out, i have a few things to take care of...but are there any other modules in particular you guys would like me to (try) to work on besides TL?

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3185 on: February 24, 2014, 10:38:04 PM »

Thing I'm wondering is, do the "Forbidden Fighters" have their own CSPs already programed. I know Mewtwo uses Pokemon Trainer's Csps but what about the others?

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3186 on: February 24, 2014, 10:40:25 PM »

woot! update! Great work PhantomWings  Kirby Dance i only have a 1 question regarding the modules, and it's something pretty simple.

incidentally guys, i'm actually working on a ness module currently for you guys as well Tongue hopefully won't be too difficult. gotten just up to the point where im going to start patching the articles. Incidentally, i'll have an update for the tool by tomorrow fixing a few glitches and allowing you to set various sound related features in the config files.

Now that the update is out, i have a few things to take care of...but are there any other modules in particular you guys would like me to (try) to work on besides TL?

Hmmm, there aren't very many more I'm waiting on. I think ROB has been mentioned a couple of times for the Megaman X and Geno PSAs, and I'd personally like Samus for the Dark Samus PSA (though I know that would be much more difficult since she transforms, so I'm not too worried about getting her any time soon.)

Thing I'm wondering is, do the "Forbidden Fighters" have their own CSPs already programed. I know Mewtwo uses Pokemon Trainer's Csps but what about the others?

I think they may have cosmetic slots, but not actual CSPs.
    « Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 10:41:32 PM by ShinF » Logged

KarefyrmSix
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3187 on: February 24, 2014, 10:43:31 PM »

Id actually like bowser and captain F. just on the top of my head.

hopefully most if not all characters will be finished in the end but lets not get ahead of ourselves :p

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3188 on: February 24, 2014, 10:45:47 PM »

Toon Link & Ganondorf were my top 2 must-have modules (and now we have Ganon's) so other than Toon Link perhaps R.O.B. (For Geno/Megaman X) or a transforming character like Sheik (For Spiderman) or Ivysaur (For Venusaur/Amaterasu) . Transforming would crash the game obviously but PSAs let you work around that. Tongue

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3189 on: February 24, 2014, 10:51:41 PM »

Maybe it's possible to assign the unused set of CSPs under MiscData[41] for one of the Forbidden Fighters, And as for me with the modules there's none that I can think of except for of course Toon Link who will probally be the last to get a Module since he only has one PSA that actually makes him into a different character, and that's the Skull Kid PSA.

justadood
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3190 on: February 24, 2014, 11:26:30 PM »

actually, 3F would be 48 characters total, but in actuality, you can only play as the characters who's IDs equal:
    0-10 (mario to iceclimbers);
    13-1C (marth to diddy);
    1E (charizard);
    20 (squirtle);
    22-2B (ivysaur-sonic)...
    the characters i skipped (rather the characters that cannot be selected) are:
    11 and 12 (popo solo and nana solo);
    1D, 1F and 21 (poketrainer takes three slots)
    2C-3D (giga bowser all the way to crazy hand)...
    and 3E is Empty

i'm using the numbers from their Slot folder for HexDec references, but there are definitely in-game characters that are not able to be picked out because their CSS doesn't exist without coding, which also isn't compatible with the BrawlEx program...

that aside, Sammi Husky: I couldn't get brawl box to work with this computer either... it might be that my laptop's default antivirus is blocking it, and i do have a second antivirus prgoram that didn't do this with my last laptop, but i still have no way of knowing if that actually is what the problem is, and i'd rather not take the risk and end up deleting an antivirus that doesn't slow my computer down or annoy me too much...

I'M JUST A DOOD

ToadKart
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3191 on: February 24, 2014, 11:30:56 PM »

Maybe it's possible to assign the unused set of CSPs under MiscData[41] for one of the Forbidden Fighters, And as for me with the modules there's none that I can think of except for of course Toon Link who will probally be the last to get a Module since he only has one PSA that actually makes him into a different character, and that's the Skull Kid PSA.

There's also a Black Knight PSA beta on Toon Link that was pretty cool.

Great update PW!

SpoonTheMan
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3192 on: February 24, 2014, 11:32:25 PM »

he only has one PSA that actually makes him into a different character, and that's the Skull Kid PSA.

There's more than one lol: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Moderated=1&Reported=All&Wifi=0&Name=*&ByUser=*&Credit=*&Info=*&Thumb1=*&Type=Character-Import*PSA*-Toon+Link&TypeAlt=Character&characterType=Import*&characterType=PSA*&characterListing=Toon+Link

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3193 on: February 24, 2014, 11:34:02 PM »

actually, 3F would be 48 characters total, but in actuality, you can only play as the characters who's IDs equal:
    0-10 (mario to iceclimbers);
    13-1C (marth to diddy);
    1E (charizard);
    20 (squirtle);
    22-2B (ivysaur-sonic)...
    the characters i skipped (rather the characters that cannot be selected) are:
    11 and 12 (popo solo and nana solo);
    1D, 1F and 21 (poketrainer takes three slots)
    2C-3D (giga bowser all the way to crazy hand)...
    and 3E is Empty

i'm using the numbers from their Slot folder for HexDec references, but there are definitely in-game characters that are not able to be picked out because their CSS doesn't exist without coding, which also isn't compatible with the BrawlEx program...

that aside, Sammi Husky: I couldn't get brawl box to work with this computer either... it might be that my laptop's default antivirus is blocking it, and i do have a second antivirus prgoram that didn't do this with my last laptop, but i still have no way of knowing if that actually is what the problem is, and i'd rather not take the risk and end up deleting an antivirus that doesn't slow my computer down or annoy me too much...

ID 63 translates into 99 in hex. meaning in the game (in addition to the games default roster, you can have up to 99 characters) iirc you can use any ID in the game that is hex and not already used. like 6A for example. you just can't have more then 99 characters as the character count

KarefyrmSix
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3194 on: February 24, 2014, 11:37:00 PM »

Sammi, is there a way to still add a Ganon clone without using your tool and keeping it passed 50 icons or do i needa wait till yourve added them to the create list?

Pages:  1 ... 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: