The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Okay, I followed the tutorial for cloning Marth to a T. To the letter. However it's said.

I even managed to get my SD card in there to load the config files.

Now I can't even get on the CSS.

January 02, 2014, 05:15:55 AM #106 Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 05:17:05 AM by Segtendo
Working on adding a Roy slot to mah Brawl.

Quick question: so when I add Roy to my game, I'm going to add the names as "FitRoyXX" and so on. Does the Kirby module need a way to read the Kirby hat's name for Roy?
post 12000 holy [censored] i have no life
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


If I want to add ikeex and marthex, I just have to use the test  files inside the Exbrawl 1.0.0 rar file, and add all the necesary codes, right?

January 02, 2014, 05:19:40 AM #108 Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 05:31:58 AM by Eternal Yoshi
I am really, really hesitating to proceed much into this, but how are the module files for the exCharacters made?

Forgive me if this sounds silly to ask. I mean it can't just be a case of renaming the VBrawl .rel of the host character.

Ok so now I tried it in vbrawl and it doesn't work...Marth's icon is random and there's two random icons at the bottom...

Then it freezes.I am using the Css code in the post and File Patch code 3.5.1b

I changed the 24 to 25, and the 11 to 51

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on January 02, 2014, 05:19:40 AM
I am really, really hesitating to proceed much into this, but how are the module files for the exCharacters made?

Forgive me if this sounds silly to ask. I mean it can't just be a case of getting the VBrawl .rel of the host character and changing the IDs in there.

ExModules are created in nearly exactly the same way the Plug&Play modules were made, except that Plug&Play modules required a few extra modifications that are now covered by BrawlEx.

There are 2 main changes made in the ExModules from the original VBrawl modules:

1. Section[7] is added into the module as an executable section. It contains the core patching function - it is identical across all ExModules. The function in Section[7] is inserted as the first initializer of the module.

2. Section[8] is added into the module as a data section. It contains the id of the target character, various patch strings to adjust certain hardcoded sections in sora_melee, and a set of addresses inside the module itself to which the target character id should be written to.


The main difficulty involved in creating an ExModule is finding those "hardcoded sections" in sora_melee and determining a patch string that you can write overtop of them to make them work generically with any character id.

Interestingly enough, it is those "hardcoded sections" that are currently the cause of the article crashes that are occurring with BrawlEx. It turns out that some of the changes I made with BrawlEx are causing the old patch strings that were originally taken from the Plug&Play modules to fail.




Also, for the people currently experiencing issues,

Quote from: PhantomWings link=topic=65113.msg1208234#msg1208234

If you have an issue that you think may be caused by BrawlEx, please post the codes and configuration files that you are using so that I may identify the source of the issue and/or determine if the issue is with the setup being used.


How exactly would I create the Module?

Okay, I'm using Riivo, System Name codes, Custom CSS, your Stage Expansion and EY's Maxed Out CSS. I figured out how to use my SD card, btw.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on January 02, 2014, 05:49:50 AM
Okay, I'm using Riivo, System Name codes, Custom CSS, your Stage Expansion and EY's Maxed Out CSS. I figured out how to use my SD card, btw.

I think that may be part of the problem to begin with. You have two of the same code loaded at once - so any number of conflicts could be occurring there.

Try it with just one of those. If it doesn't work, could you post the actual code lines that you are using?

Sorry, I meant Maxed out SSS, not CSS. D:

Quote from: Jade_Rock on January 02, 2014, 05:47:30 AM
How exactly would I create the Module?

Hey jade, how about i upload a rar file for you, that all you gotta do is unzip, and put it on the root of your sdcard, and you will have Minus, with an extra marth and ike?


January 02, 2014, 06:13:43 AM #117 Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 06:17:34 AM by Kage Ryu
Quote from: PhantomWings on January 02, 2014, 05:39:08 AMAlso, for the people currently experiencing issues,
Quote from: PhantomWings on January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AMIf you have an issue that you think may be caused by BrawlEx, please post the codes and configuration files that you are using so that I may identify the source of the issue and/or determine if the issue is with the setup being used.
I'll just...repost my previous question then and add some info:

Quote from: Kage Ryu on January 02, 2014, 12:02:52 AM
What goes in for the Y/Z values here? You've explained the CSS code pretty well, but I'm confused on the Random V1 part. I wasn't sure what to put in for those values, so I used the same ones I used for the CSS. The game froze after I went to the stage-selection screen after selecting both Ike icons for the match.


Info on what I'm using:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


What am I doing wrong?
More specifics:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



That's all that's in my GCT (which is SD:/codes/RSBE01.gct). The only other files on the root of my SD card are:
private (folder)
background.png (Gecko OS background)
boot.elf (for loading Gecko OS via custom-stage method)

I removed the Random V1 code because it didn't seem to be the issue after I read up on it.


Contents of "private>wii>app>RSBE>pf" include everything contained in "Text Files" in the download.




Quote from: sammi-husky on January 02, 2014, 05:59:39 AM
Hey jade, how about i upload a rar file for you, that all you gotta do is unzip, and put it on the root of your sdcard, and you will have Minus, with an extra marth and ike?
Would you mind terribly PMing me the link to that as well, please?


January 02, 2014, 06:21:33 AM #118 Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 06:28:29 AM by sammi-husky
Quote from: Kage Ryu on January 02, 2014, 06:13:43 AM

Would you mind terribly PMing me the link to that as well, please?
Quote from: Jade_Rock on January 02, 2014, 06:13:04 AM
That would be awsome!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/84781m91neb73ne/sdcard.rar

there ya go buddy, i'll possibly upload this link to the brawl- forums as well

The Clones have vBrawl movesets, but to replace it all you have to do is replace their .pac file with another one.

so to get brawl minus ike, over the clone ike too. just copy the files that are in private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/fighter/ike
into
Private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/fighter/ikeEx

and rename the files to match the ones that were already in the Ex version's folder

That works stupendously. Thank you, Sammi. (:

I'll just use that as a base to start from. I might have just been loading files wrong or something.