The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: ASF1nk on January 06, 2014, 12:04:27 PM

new cosmetics and teams are broken right now.


What exactly do you mean by cosmetics being broken? They are clearly working based on the imagery in the post for your pack >.>

this was probly asked already does it work with riivo?
i have a new site click here to check it out
http://mrhalloweencreations.wix.com/-unkownkokiri

Quote from: davey on January 06, 2014, 04:15:56 PM
this was probly asked already does it work with riivo?

No, believe me, I've tried.

Here's everything on my SD Card. https://www.mediafire.com/?s1nywb91alw6ace

Could someone be awesome and take a look at it and tell me what's wrong with Waluigi and Lloyd? The game freezes when I hover over their icon.
In addition, could someone be cool and add a Peach slot with it's own cosmetics with the filename of Daisy? I don't mind replacing all the files and stuff myself I just can't get it to work without a freeze.

Okay so I tried Don Jon Bravo's Selectcharacter.pac file and it works... kinda, the menu actually loads the problem is the dreaded extra random icon now appears, I literally tested it right before and only changed the cosmetic value to 5A (90) which is the ID I gave him, odd... I'm going to go back in and check if I named something wrong but for now I'm really confused I'm usually pretty decent at this kind of thing.


January 06, 2014, 07:07:14 PM #635 Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 07:14:37 PM by sammi-husky
Quote from: WintersAssassin on January 06, 2014, 06:56:40 PM
Okay so I tried Don Jon Bravo's Selectcharacter.pac file and it works... kinda, the menu actually loads the problem is the dreaded extra random icon now appears, I literally tested it right before and only changed the cosmetic value to 5A (90) which is the ID I gave him, odd... I'm going to go back in and check if I named something wrong but for now I'm really confused I'm usually pretty decent at this kind of thing.

does it freeze when you go over the icon? if so, dont forget to set the compression of the new BRresource you made in sc_selcharacter.pac to lz77. in the tutorial video, that was what i did to fix it.

if it doesn't, that's normal because you haven't yet set it up to have a css icon. (i gotta get on that tutorial..)


Quote from: Kaizaran on January 06, 2014, 06:52:14 PM
Here's everything on my SD Card. https://www.mediafire.com/?s1nywb91alw6ace

Could someone be awesome and take a look at it and tell me what's wrong with Waluigi and Lloyd? The game freezes when I hover over their icon.
In addition, could someone be cool and add a Peach slot with it's own cosmetics with the filename of Daisy? I don't mind replacing all the files and stuff myself I just can't get it to work without a freeze.

i'll take a look at the sdcard. idk if i can set up the extra peach slot though, im on my lunch break

neverless i'll still be here to help answer questions

EDIT: WinterAssassin, did you remove the Cosmetic ID's that he added to it? it's not necessary, but if you didn't the id is actually 3D

Quote from: sammi-husky on January 06, 2014, 07:07:14 PM
does it freeze when you go over the icon? if so, dont forget to set the compression of the new BRresource you made in sc_selcharacter.pac to lz77. in the tutorial video, that was what i did to fix it.

neverless i'll still be here to help answer questions

EDIT: WinterAssassin, did you remove the Cosmetic ID's that he added to it? it's not necessary, but if you didn't the id is actually 3D

It freezes when I go over the icon and I didn't delete the extra ones, but it'd probably be faster to delete em rather than go in an change all the IDs I got set up. How do you set up the compression method in Brawl box? that could also be the issue

Quote from: WintersAssassin on January 06, 2014, 07:22:24 PM
It freezes when I go over the icon and I didn't delete the extra ones, but it'd probably be faster to delete em rather than go in an change all the IDs I got set up. How do you set up the compression method in Brawl box? that could also be the issue

if you created a new one, called miscdata[90] then you can keep the cosmetic slot 5A. if that's the case, you probably didnt set the compression for that miscdata, which causes a crash.

just go to the miscdata[90] that you created and highlight it. in the box to the right of the screen, there should be some properties. under compression, change it to lz77

 So I'm having this weird problem. I got all my characters to load. I am using ASF1's as a base. When I try to change the CSS screen it freeze. It works on the Vbrawl screen, but I want to make the clone engine on "The Grid CSS screen" I double checked everything and all i get is a freeze when trying to enter the CSS. The file size is 3.67 of the sc_selcharacter.pac so its not over file size.

Not only that, when I edited the css icons or names its freezes. I'm not even adding new icons just replacing.

Quote from: OmegaS3 on January 06, 2014, 07:51:02 PM
So I'm having this weird problem. I got all my characters to load. I am using ASF1's as a base. When I try to change the CSS screen it freeze. It works on the Vbrawl screen, but I want to make the clone engine on "The Grid CSS screen" I double checked everything and all i get is a freeze when trying to enter the CSS. The file size is 3.67 of the sc_selcharacter.pac so its not over file size.

Not only that, when I edited the css icons or names its freezes. I'm not even adding new icons just replacing.

would you mind letting me take a look? it's probably something really small that got overlooked. there is so much stuff connected to each other in there, its scary lol

 Ill right I'll send the working css screen and the one that isn't working. Let me get them loaded up

January 06, 2014, 08:26:27 PM #641 Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 08:30:14 PM by WintersAssassin
Aww no Compression didn't work Sammi-Husky,
I really wish it was... but I can't find the issue, I even compressed it and it still gives me issues. I hate to ask because I like figuring these things out for myself but I need you to take a look at it, maybe you can find something. I still have a suspicion it's me using an actual disk though. I'll give you a link once it uploads
Here it is https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6481804/Private.zip

Quote from: WintersAssassin on January 06, 2014, 08:26:27 PM
Aww no Compression didn't work Sammi-Husky,
I really wish it was... but I can't find the issue, I even compressed it and it still gives me issues. I hate to ask because I like figuring these things out for myself but I need you to take a look at it, maybe you can find something. I still have a suspicion it's me using an actual disk though. I'll give you a link once it uploads

mmkaaayy



ALSO: protip for anyone editing sc_selecharacter.

change the compression for all the cosmetic slots in the char_bust_tex to extended lz77.

saves 0.20 MB of space. :P

Alright here it is.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/mh3n3vve15ttnd1/CSS.zip

Now there are 3 files. The freezing grid, the grid (which I'm trying to get it to work on) and the original vbrawl that works.

WinterAssassin, this loads up fine for me, after you changed the compression, did you try hovering over the slot?

Quote from: OmegaS3 on January 06, 2014, 08:31:12 PM
Alright here it is.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/mh3n3vve15ttnd1/CSS.zip

Now there are 3 files. The freezing grid, the grid (which I'm trying to get it to work on) and the original vbrawl that works.

i'll take a looksee