The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

January 08, 2014, 11:39:03 PM #810 Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 11:42:27 PM by Don Jon Bravo
Quote from: sammi-husky on January 08, 2014, 10:30:16 PM
that was actually on the list of things blackjax planned on adding to Brawlbox, alas, it never got done.

Likely, the only way we are going to get the ability to add new sounds to the game is if someone picks up development of Bbox and adds the ability to add data to the sound file.
is not as easy as that
yes u can edit the brsar, but file patch code does not and can not patch the brsar to an edited one,
file patch 4 intended to do so, but had several freezing issues
and rsbe only does sawnds, a format not compatible with brawlbox

i would think the best approach would be by using codes
something that says
clone character uses X sfx,

as where Y is the original sfx, and X is a renamed sfx

Okay so I got a huge mess all of the sudden.

The CSS is so [censored]ed up that it has all of the 7 characters I added plus 7 more Mario slots and 2 randoms, along with that selecting a character immediately crashes the game.

Should I just post my pack and have people mess with it?

Also are Mewtwo and Roy's textures from Brawl compatible with any Mewtwo and Roy PSA or will I have to use something else from the vault?

Quote from: Don Jon Bravo on January 08, 2014, 11:39:03 PM
is not as easy as that
yes u can edit the brsar, but file patch code does not and can not patch the brsar to an edited one,
file patch 4 intended to do so, but had several freezing issues
and rsbe only does sawnds, a format not compatible with brawlbox

Super Sawndz MOD still gets the data from the smashbros_sound.pac file. once the data is added to the smashbros_sound.pac, we would be able to open it in super sawndz and create a .sawnd of the new soundbank ID, hence why you need to be able to add rsar nodes to the file. which brawlbox cannot.

if it could add rsar nodes, i would be all over that [censored] right now lol.

I'm having a similar problem.  I was trying to clone Peach, and it worked for one match but she was in T-Pose and when i tried to attack, it froze. So I re-cloned her, and I haven't been able to get past the stage selection since. And it just doesn't freeze there, it always freezes when I try to select Ike, sometimes when on the loading screen, or on the strap screen. I don't have dolphin so I can't see what is getting messed up. Can someone help me make a peach clone? :( :( :(

You realize that in order to have new sound slots, you'd have to find a way to add those banks and references to the .brsar AND somehow make them have their own sound IDs right?

January 09, 2014, 12:59:24 AM #815 Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 01:05:18 AM by Don Jon Bravo
shouldnt we be able to just use this guide combined with rsbe
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=14915.msg387442#msg387442


so just rename the clone sfx to an unused sfx bank, and make the code say that ur clone character id times 4 uses the unused sawnd file?

i would assume it is as easy as that, And its exactly what PMBR did
i dont think they went through the trouble of editing duon's soundbank, they just used an edited marths sound file with a different id

lolno

That code is obsolete because BrawlEx's Fighterconfig file lets you choose which sound bank to use.

Sound IDs don't just come up from thin air, they must exist in the .brsar in some form.

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on January 09, 2014, 12:57:45 AM
You realize that in order to have new sound slots, you'd have to find a way to add those banks and references to the .brsar AND somehow make them have their own sound IDs right?
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on January 09, 2014, 01:07:22 AM
Sound IDs don't just come up from thin air, they must exist in the .brsar in some form.

The sound id is the index of the sound in the INFO entry list in the RSAR, yes. The sound id is called "InfoIndex" in the properties when you select a sound in Brawlbox, but it is not editable.

Unfortunately in order to add, remove or rename sounds, the SYMB binary tree needs to be regenerated. I never figured out how to do it but BRRES files use a similar tree that Kryal was able to write a complex (imo) generator for. If the binary tree ids are left at 0, the RSAR works on the menu but the game freezes when the match starts, I assume because the menu's audio accessors are coded differently than when actually playing.

Right now, the tree ids from the original RSAR are copied over to the rebuilt one.
All attempts at generating a new tree are commented out in here. I was working with Tempus but we couldn't get it generating properly.
https://code.google.com/p/brawltools2/source/browse/trunk/BrawlLib/Wii/Audio/RSARConverter.cs

January 09, 2014, 01:43:01 AM #818 Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 01:46:35 AM by Don Jon Bravo
anoter way would be to use a code like almas alternate code loader
hold z and load sfx from another folder

i remember when experimenting with fpc3.5.3
i could have pit with normal sounds
vs pit with goku sounds
it happens because the sfx is only loaded once the character is chosen
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on January 09, 2014, 01:07:22 AM
lolno

That code is obsolete because BrawlEx's Fighterconfig file lets you choose which sound bank to use.

Sound IDs don't just come up from thin air, they must exist in the .brsar in some form.

soundbank values 29-4b are unknown
dont know if that necessarily means they dont exist
by the way what module will u be working on next?
and would u care as to make a small tut so others can join?

January 09, 2014, 01:51:10 AM #819 Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 02:25:18 AM by Yukko's srs faic
PhantomWings...
I always knew you were awesome...
BUT THIS.
THIS IS....
I can't even begin to describe the feelings that I am feeling right now.
Just a quick question..
how would you go about changing CSP and CSS files? If project M was able to do that, I think we could somehow.
Please note that I haven't read all 55 pages and I don't know if this question has been answered 22 other times.
Professor is best Nichijou character.

Quote from: Yukko's srs faic on January 09, 2014, 01:51:10 AM
PhantomWings...
I always knew you were awesome...
BUT THIS.
THIS IS....
I can't even begin to describe the feelings that I am feeling right now.
Just a quick question..
how would you go about changing CSP and CSS files? If project M was able to do that, I think we could somehow.
Please note that I haven't read all 55 pages and I don't know if this question has been answered 22 other times.
Here's the tutorial by sammi-husky:

BrawlEx Custom CSP's and CSS icons [tutorial]
-

January 09, 2014, 02:59:03 AM #821 Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 03:01:19 AM by sammi-husky
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on January 09, 2014, 12:57:45 AM
You realize that in order to have new sound slots, you'd have to find a way to add those banks and references to the .brsar AND somehow make them have their own sound IDs right?


that's exactly what i was trying to say lol

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 09, 2014, 01:35:16 AM

Right now, the tree ids from the original RSAR are copied over to the rebuilt one.
All attempts at generating a new tree are commented out in here. I was working with Tempus but we couldn't get it generating properly.
https://code.google.com/p/brawltools2/source/browse/trunk/BrawlLib/Wii/Audio/RSARConverter.cs

i was actually just looking at that source a few minutes before you posted it lol. i wish i understood complicated code like that @.@

i hope i can finish my programming courses and try to at least understand it xD


Quote from: Don Jon Bravo on January 09, 2014, 01:43:01 AM
anoter way would be to use a code like almas alternate code loader
hold z and load sfx from another folder

i remember when experimenting with fpc3.5.3
i could have pit with normal sounds
vs pit with goku sounds
it happens because the sfx is only loaded once the character is chosen


this..

Does anyone know if adding additional character costumes is as simple as checking them in the BrawlEx Configuration program and adding the CSPs, BPs, & ABPs for them? Or is there more to it than that?

@ sammi-husky

Thanks for the tutorials, you won't believe how much they helped.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


there is a couple solutions, some of which im sure have already been thought of.

one being changing the configs to allow loading a specific .sawnd
maybe in a 'bx_sound' folder.

but even IF this worked (which i suspect it wouldn't), it would require ALOT of changes :/

i can't say because i dont know how the RSBE's coding works. though i assume it just replaces the sound files as they're called from smashbros_sound.pac because super sawndz still makes you load your smashbros_sound, where you can make the .sawnd from the soundbanks ID. leading me to believe that the .sawnd file ISN'T actually sound at all. just a file that points to which file to load into memory from the smashbros_sound.pac.

in which case, it would still require replacing sound effects in smashbros_sound since adding new ones is currently impossible.

though again, i dont claim to know how RSBE and .sawnd files work :P just assumption based on my experience with them


Quote from: ShadowSnake on January 09, 2014, 04:55:55 AM
Does anyone know if adding additional character costumes is as simple as checking them in the BrawlEx Configuration program and adding the CSPs, BPs, & ABPs for them? Or is there more to it than that?

@ sammi-husky

Thanks for the tutorials, you won't believe how much they helped.

glad they helped. :)

as for adding costumes, you need to do a few more things then just check them on the config editor, and im not particularly knowledgeable on the process. though i know it involves hex editing one of the configs.