The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Negative :'( still shadow and ivysaur

January 19, 2014, 12:15:33 AM #1232 Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 12:19:21 AM by Carnage
Quote from: Pichi-Hime on January 19, 2014, 12:02:22 AM
Negative :'( still shadow and ivysaur

this is happening to me too 2 days ago i downloaded afslink pac (contains 8 chars) and used it all fine on wii u with usbloader gx all characters worked, and now all i get is shadows and ivisaurs and if i put my cursor over them it freezes, if you find out how to fix that pls pm me the awnser, i already redownload afslink pac deleted all my pf folder and added it all again , even the codes but aparently it either freezes or  shadows and ivisaurs and not a single file was changed :S


maybe theres an error with brawl ex after the 7 added char with cosmetics? because i didnt touch my sd card since i last used it to play when it was working.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

January 19, 2014, 12:23:57 AM #1233 Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 12:26:02 AM by shadowXtreme
Quote from: Carnage on January 19, 2014, 12:15:33 AM
this is happening to me too 2 days ago i downloaded afslink pac (contains 8 chars) and used it all fine on wii u with usbloader gx all characters worked, and now all i get is shadows and ivisaurs and if i put my cursor over them it freezes, if you find out how to fix that pls pm me the awnser, i already redownload afslink pac deleted all my pf folder and added it all again , even the codes but aparently it either freezes or  shadows and ivisaurs and not a single file was changed :S


maybe theres an error with brawl ex after the 7 added char with cosmetics? because i didnt touch my sd card since i last used it to play when it was working.

Format your SD card

upgrade your CIOS

Use the latest version of the most popular usbloaders (GX or CFG)

if asf1nk pack is working for you, then you are doing something wrong

Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on January 18, 2014, 10:20:00 PM
It's really, its just me pikazz and eternal yoshi making our own exmodules independently of PW. :P More then likely, if Phantom Wings approves it he would put them in the download. of course they would need testing (that's where you guys come in). you guys combined would do more testing by just playing in 5 minutes then i could do myself in like 5 days.

So whenever we get them straightened out and working, i'm i'll post mine here. i can't really speak for EY or Pikazz, but i'm sure they'll post theirs here too :P
I will post my in here together in the BrawlEx thread in the PSA/Animation discussion section!

but I have big troubles of porting the "special things" :c, the things that need extra patching to the Sora_melee (example Pikachus or Pikmin module), do you know how?
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: shadowXtreme on January 19, 2014, 12:23:57 AM
Format your SD card

upgrade your CIOS

Use the latest version of the most popular usbloaders (GX or CFG)

if asf1nk pack is working for you, then you are doing something wrong
*facepalm*
Not everybody uses a USB loader, what about the people who use a gamedisc? (like Doqtor Kirby)

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on January 18, 2014, 12:53:43 AM
[spoiler]
lil is correct

so copy these yellow lines, and fix the numbers as shown to your characters

also remember to open up ur fighter config and check characters from 00-09






and finally add ur extra csp's

Also, u may not even have to remove the 0A and 0B, as long as you dont check them on the fighter confi file you would probably be fine



Yeah... I did this exactly as it said and my game freezes when switching from the last costume to the first or vice versa on the Character Select.
I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Quote from: Axel Akutare on January 19, 2014, 03:39:52 AM
Yeah... I did this exactly as it said and my game freezes when switching from the last costume to the first or vice versa on the Character Select.

did you add portraits?
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


Did everything I was supposed to with the Brawl Plus codeset. Characters started to jump backwards.

Quote from: ShadowSnake on January 19, 2014, 03:40:52 AM
did you add portraits?
Was already using a cBliss compatible CSS, so yeah. All the portraits were there. I think it has something to do with just copying the Wario CSSSlot.dat's hex code as instructed. Maybe it's still got something in those two lines that tells it what to do when restarting the Costume Cycle? I dunno, I'm not exactly a programmer or anything.
I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Quote from: Lito on January 19, 2014, 03:44:18 AM
Did everything I was supposed to with the Brawl Plus codeset. Characters started to jump backwards.
Who plays Brawl Plus anymore?

Most character-related modifications aren't supported by BrawlEx, as it can be done in the respective Fighter Configurations.

@pikazz I know somewhat of how to do it. PW said there is no real science to it. He said most of the time its going to be allot of guess work. Your going to need dolphin. The log will generally show you where it crashed and subsequently where it needs to be patched. Though I do know the (very) basic format for how to patch the modules, I haven't figured out how to get the address to patch from dolphin yet. :/

As for another update, I have everything working for the CSS but hit a block. Hopefully I can figure it out, otherwise its back to the drawing board

January 19, 2014, 04:38:19 AM #1242 Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 04:39:39 AM by shadowXtreme
Quote from: Doqtor Kirby Ex on January 19, 2014, 12:35:49 AM
*facepalm*
Not everybody uses a USB loader, what about the people who use a gamedisc? (like Doqtor Kirby)

Well, I was trying to give a solution for carnage, he uses an usb loader, I never tried to use BrawEx with an actual gamedisc, I mean that I had never experienced problems using brawlEx with a gamedisc because I have not even tried to run BrawlEx with one, so I dont know how to solve yout problem... but you could format your usb, and upload your CIOS if you are using a softmodded wii, to see what happens..

Quote from: ShadowSnake on January 16, 2014, 04:39:10 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Did you add to the css icon count? It will be a different number on Asf1nk's pack like 3C or something. you just add however many characters you put in to that count.

Like this.

3C + 3 = 3F

Anything after F goes to the next actual number like 40. You probably already knew how hex count works, but just incase.

Actually I did, on Asf1nk's pack the number is 2C, and I've tried to add 4 more characters, those being Zero Suit Samus and the Pokemons. So, the hex count would be 30, if I'm not mistaken, because 2C + 4 = 30. Something like this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

But still, nothing happened, all the characters from the pack are still there, but no sign of those I've tried to add.  :-\
Do I need codes like Independent Pokemon Engine and CSS fixes for ZSS?

Quote from: CutterKirby64 on January 19, 2014, 04:56:45 AM
Actually I did, on Asf1nk's pack the number is 2C, and I've tried to add 4 more characters, those being Zero Suit Samus and the Pokemons. So, the hex count would be 30, if I'm not mistaken, because 2C + 4 = 30. Something like this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

But still, nothing happened, all the characters from the pack are still there, but no sign of those I've tried to add.  :-\
Do I need codes like Independent Pokemon Engine and CSS fixes for ZSS?

Yes those codes are required.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=6201.0

Those codes should be at the bottom of the OP there. ^
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.