The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: ShinF on January 23, 2014, 03:24:22 AM
Hmm, I haven't had any issues with that. I will say that that's a LOT of music codes. It could have something to do with those, though I'm not sure since I don't really use any music modification codes.

All of those are for the extra stage slots, which has never really caused an issue before. I really REALLY hope it's not those, because without that they all use Battlefield's playlist or something like that, and you can't set it up stage by stage, so you end up with unfitting music in stages.
I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Quote from: Axel Akutare on January 23, 2014, 03:34:28 AM
All of those are for the extra stage slots, which has never really caused an issue before. I really REALLY hope it's not those, because without that they all use Battlefield's playlist or something like that, and you can't set it up stage by stage, so you end up with unfitting music in stages.
Oh, okay. I use the Tracklist Modifier for my expanded stage's music so I thought those codes were for modifying existing stages or something.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: ShinF on January 23, 2014, 03:37:54 AM
Oh, okay. I use the Tracklist Modifier for my expanded stage's music so I thought those codes were for modifying existing stages or something.

I think I tried the Tracklist Modifier early on, but for one reason or another I abandoned it.
I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Okay, so say I have a character I want to add (Like X over Peach) but it comes with a module (A fox module from the looks of it) is there any way to make this a clone character? I would I need a perfect Fox module? Is there anything I can edit in this module to make it a perfect stand alone module?
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: ShinF on January 22, 2014, 07:24:31 PM
I've figured out how to set the configs so that the characters can appear in the same order that they do with cBliss now. I'm going to modify all those CSSSlot Configs real quick and upload them so the portraits will now match the order the game loads the costumes in. I'll post again or edit this post when they're all uploaded.

Edit: Okay, they're done. You can get all or some of them in the same dropbox folder as before. The only real problem remaining is that teams aren't aligned correctly, but considering that team battles freeze in BrawlEx anyway, I didn't really see it as much of a problem.

Just in case you don't wanna go back a page to find the link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hds6bct3eht2w78/s7uZ4t6orM

OMG! Thank you so much! I've been trying to re-arrange for HOURS now lol I think everything is FINALLY working perfect, except I can't seem to get Sonic Clones to work yet, not sure if it has something to do with the FitSonicSpy00-FitSonicSpy04 files but everytime I try to load the clone, it freezes o.o

Quote from: MrUnusual on January 23, 2014, 04:24:59 AM
OMG! Thank you so much! I've been trying to re-arrange for HOURS now lol I think everything is FINALLY working perfect, except I can't seem to get Sonic Clones to work yet, not sure if it has something to do with the FitSonicSpy00-FitSonicSpy04 files but everytime I try to load the clone, it freezes o.o
Sonic actually has FitSpy00 - FitSpy05. I believe he needs FitSonicSpy for every costume, since he has 00-05 costumes and 00-05 Spy files. Try copying the default Spy files and renaming them 06, 07, etc.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: ShinF on January 23, 2014, 04:30:42 AM
Sonic actually has FitSpy00 - FitSpy05. I believe he needs FitSonicSpy for every costume, since he has 00-05 costumes and 00-05 Spy files. Try copying the default Spy files and renaming them 06, 07, etc.

Thanks, I'll try that in a bit. Maybe this is too much to ask and again I think you so much for your contributions, but you wouldn't happen to have a dropbox zip file of the characters in the right order that arent cBliss would you? I want to be able to choose which characters have the 10 slots and which ones don't, that way, people that are playing won't choose an alternate costume that I haven't put there yet and learn that it's just a copy of the default. Basically, from the files you just uploaded, I would add those to Mario and Mewtwo's CSSSlots for now and then the other files I will have but save them for later, but in their place have just the normal number of slots for the other characters. The ones that PhantomWings has in his pack, those CSSSlots make the standard alternate colors out of order.

heya guys, so this is the latest version of the Ex fighters slot code

This theoretically allows the 100 characters for the css. CURRENTLY you have to hit the r-trigger on the gamcube controller, and CURRENTLY, you must hit it fast as [censored] if you only want it to increment by 1

i'm going to fix all this, but im running out of data on my phone, and i felt like posting this for now. r-trigger increments the slot by 1, L-trigger resets it back to normal.

this also should have fixed the issue where backing out of the CSS while a clone slot was selected crashed the game...should..


Experimental Ex Fighters Code
205ba484 00000020
215d7650 00000000
055d7650 00000053
045ba484 00000000
E0000000 80008000
205ba485 00000020
275D7650 00000064
82200002 015d7650
86000002 00000001
84200002 015d7650
045ba484 00000000
E0000000 80008000
205ba485 00000040
055d7650 00000000
04624818 00000000
045ba484 00000000
E0000000 80008000

January 23, 2014, 04:47:37 AM #1508 Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 04:54:23 AM by ShinF
Quote from: MrUnusual on January 23, 2014, 04:44:34 AM
Thanks, I'll try that in a bit. Maybe this is too much to ask and again I think you so much for your contributions, but you wouldn't happen to have a dropbox zip file of the characters in the right order that arent cBliss would you? I want to be able to choose which characters have the 10 slots and which ones don't, that way, people that are playing won't choose an alternate costume that I haven't put there yet and learn that it's just a copy of the default. Basically, from the files you just uploaded, I would add those to Mario and Mewtwo's CSSSlots for now and then the other files I will have but save them for later, but in their place have just the normal number of slots for the other characters. The ones that PhantomWings has in his pack, those CSSSlots make the standard alternate colors out of order.

Do you mean that you want the costumes in cBliss order, but with the default number of costumes? I could make those, I suppose.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on January 23, 2014, 04:44:51 AM
heya guys, so this is the latest version of the Ex fighters slot code

This theoretically allows the 100 characters for the css. CURRENTLY you have to hit the r-trigger on the gamcube controller, and CURRENTLY, you must hit it fast as [censored] if you only want it to increment by 1

i'm going to fix all this, but im running out of data on my phone, and i felt like posting this for now. r-trigger increments the slot by 1, L-trigger resets it back to normal.

this also should have fixed the issue where backing out of the CSS while a clone slot was selected crashed the game...should..


Experimental Ex Fighters Code
205ba484 00000020
215d7650 00000000
055d7650 00000053
045ba484 00000000
E0000000 80008000
205ba485 00000020
275D7650 00000064
82200002 015d7650
86000002 00000001
84200002 015d7650
045ba484 00000000
E0000000 80008000
205ba485 00000040
055d7650 00000000
04624818 00000000
045ba484 00000000
E0000000 80008000


Whoa... Going to test this out right now, i will report any bugs i find.

Once this works perfectly, we will just need some more brawlex modules, adding soundbanks, a team battle fix and gfx glitch fixing. (Plus getting 51-100 on the roster but i think your workaround should suffice if we never figure that out.)
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


January 23, 2014, 05:05:43 AM #1510 Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 05:06:49 AM by MrUnusual
Quote from: ShinF on January 23, 2014, 04:47:37 AM
If you're talking about the default characters, then just don't include the CSSSlots or FighterConfig files at all for those characters and it'll load the original vBrawl order from the disc.

Hmm, I just realized, I didn't have any of those files in there to begin with except for Mario, Mewtwo and Roy and still had the same issue :/ for example, I just deleted the CSSSlot10.dat file for IceClimbers from the SD card and their colors are still out of order accept for the default 00 and 01, all the others after that are weird, like the Blue is in the 02 slot and Black and white is in the 03 slot, it's so weird :/ I wish I understood the CSSSlot coding, :/ because another thing I wanted to do with that new cBliss file you put up is control how many slots there are for each character, like lets say for Lucario I want to add just 1 extra slot instead of 5 giving me a total of 6 slots instead of 10, that would be cool

Post Merge: January 23, 2014, 05:06:49 AM

Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on January 23, 2014, 04:44:51 AM
heya guys, so this is the latest version of the Ex fighters slot code

This theoretically allows the 100 characters for the css. CURRENTLY you have to hit the r-trigger on the gamcube controller, and CURRENTLY, you must hit it fast as [censored] if you only want it to increment by 1

i'm going to fix all this, but im running out of data on my phone, and i felt like posting this for now. r-trigger increments the slot by 1, L-trigger resets it back to normal.

this also should have fixed the issue where backing out of the CSS while a clone slot was selected crashed the game...should..


Experimental Ex Fighters Code
205ba484 00000020
215d7650 00000000
055d7650 00000053
045ba484 00000000
E0000000 80008000
205ba485 00000020
275D7650 00000064
82200002 015d7650
86000002 00000001
84200002 015d7650
045ba484 00000000
E0000000 80008000
205ba485 00000040
055d7650 00000000
04624818 00000000
045ba484 00000000
E0000000 80008000

Sorry I missed the parent post on this, but what exactly does this do again if you would mind me asking?

January 23, 2014, 05:14:16 AM #1511 Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 05:15:50 AM by ShinF
Quote from: MrUnusual on January 23, 2014, 05:05:43 AM
Hmm, I just realized, I didn't have any of those files in there to begin with except for Mario, Mewtwo and Roy and still had the same issue :/ for example, I just deleted the CSSSlot10.dat file for IceClimbers from the SD card and their colors are still out of order accept for the default 00 and 01, all the others after that are weird, like the Blue is in the 02 slot and Black and white is in the 03 slot, it's so weird :/ I wish I understood the CSSSlot coding, :/ because another thing I wanted to do with that new cBliss file you put up is control how many slots there are for each character, like lets say for Lucario I want to add just 1 extra slot instead of 5 giving me a total of 6 slots instead of 10, that would be cool

That happens because Brawl's original slots were out of order from the very beginning.

I'll make some for the characters in cBliss order with default costume numbers later, but if you don't want to wait, it's pretty easy to do it yourself. Just open the CSSSlot Config file of the character you're changing in a hex editor and replace the last two lines with this:

05000001 02020303 08040105 0C000000
00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000

After that, open the character's FighterConfig and check the 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, and 05 costume slots. That should give the character 6 costumes in cBliss order. Keep in mind that the fighters don't share FighterConfig and CSSSlot file numbers. Ness, for example, uses Fighter0A.dat and CSSSlot0B.dat, so make sure you're doing the right files for the right characters.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: ShinF on January 23, 2014, 05:14:16 AM
That happens because Brawl's original slots were out of order from the very beginning.

I'll make some for the characters in cBliss order with default costume numbers later, but if you don't want to wait, it's pretty easy to do it yourself. Just open the CSSSlot Config file of the character you're changing in a hex editor and replace the last two lines with this:

05000001 02020303 08040105 0C000000
00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000

After that, open the character's FighterConfig and check the 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, and 05 costume slots. That should give the character 6 costumes in cBliss order. Keep in mind that the fighters don't share FighterConfig and CSSSlot file numbers. Ness, for example, uses Fighter0A.dat and CSSSlot0B.dat, so make sure you're doing the right files for the right characters.
Ohh ok, thanks :)

January 23, 2014, 05:30:52 AM #1513 Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 05:40:41 AM by sammi-huskyEX
Oopsie, it seems the game will only go to 99 slots :p oh well.

@mrUnusual
Basically its a prototype of a code I'm making that allows you to expand the roster.
It's as easy as making a 51'st slot, hovering over Mario (for now) and hitting R-trigger. This will change Mario's slot to the 51'st ID, then cycles through ID's 52 - 99 (63 in hex). In the final version I'll make it over a different slot :p and work with all controllers if I can

EDIT: well it seems I've done goofed and forgot to implement something. Lemme know if u shield during match and it freezes.... :srs: stupid me..

January 23, 2014, 05:54:05 AM #1514 Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 06:11:58 AM by MrUnusual
Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on January 23, 2014, 05:30:52 AM
Oopsie, it seems the game will only go to 99 slots :p oh well.

@mrUnusual
Basically its a prototype of a code I'm making that allows you to expand the roster.
It's as easy as making a 51'st slot, hovering over Mario (for now) and hitting R-trigger. This will change Mario's slot to the 51'st ID, then cycles through ID's 52 - 99 (63 in hex). In the final version I'll make it over a different slot :p and work with all controllers if I can

EDIT: well it seems I've done goofed and forgot to implement something. Lemme know if u shield during match and it freezes.... :srs: stupid me..

Wait, so for example, lets say I use this code on on a specific character, for example Zelda and want to change the slot to sheik on the character select screen, would I use this code for something like that? Just hitting R-Trigger making it go from Zelda to Sheik? (Just as an example?) Or am I waaay off? I'll test it out

You know what would be cool though? If it was something like that, it would be cool to place clone characters in the same slot as their counterparts like that. For example with Mario, I would hit R-Trigger for Dr. Mario, with Link, I would hit R-Trigger for Melee Link, Toon Link, I would hit R-Trigger for Toon Link and so on, that would be awesome!