The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on January 24, 2014, 09:38:58 PM
you could use gecko with the sdhc code that was recently released. it allows sd cards over 2gb on gecko. :P

@solidsnake
try it without custom csp's if your using them, and also try to use it with a different exmodule maybe? i used pikachu and lucas when i was testing :o so i dont really know if the jiggs that pikazz made works with it

I just deleted Wisp's data and replaced it with a Peach clone instead, as well as tried it without custom csps and yet it still freezes. It must be something in my codeset but i don't know.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


January 25, 2014, 12:22:04 AM #1606 Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 12:24:30 AM by ShinF
Quote from: Kosner on January 25, 2014, 12:19:25 AM
Sorry but just to clarify, it won't work with the Project M Launcher even if I use my own .gct?

It will work with the launcher, but it is not compatible with the mod itself. Having said that, you would be far better off using Gecko since I'm fairly sure the launcher doesn't give you the option to change the hook type to AxNextFrame, which is required to ensure it works consistently. You're MUCH more likely to get a freeze with PM's launcher. Besides that, there's no advantage to using the launcher over Gecko.

I might upload my SD Card soon, so that others can use it as a base if nothing else.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: ShinF on January 25, 2014, 12:22:04 AM
It will work with the launcher, but it is not compatible with the mod itself. Having said that, you would be far better off using Gecko since I'm fairly sure the launcher doesn't give you the option to change the hook type to AxNextFrame, which is required to ensure it works consistently. You're MUCH more likely to get a freeze with PM's launcher. Besides that, there's no advantage to using the launcher over Gecko.

And I'd much rather be using Gecko, but still can't get File Patch to work for whatever reason.. Probably a dumb question but for the M Launcher can I make a config.txt to change the hook type? Or is something like that only possible with Gecko?

Quote from: Kosner on January 25, 2014, 12:25:30 AM
And I'd much rather be using Gecko, but still can't get File Patch to work for whatever reason.. Probably a dumb question but for the M Launcher can I make a config.txt to change the hook type? Or is something like that only possible with Gecko?


That's actually a good question. I'm not sure. Say, what version of Gecko are you using? Are you using the most recent one?

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: ShinF on January 25, 2014, 12:26:26 AM
That's actually a good question. I'm not sure. Say, what version of Gecko are you using? Are you using the most recent one?

I'm using 1.9.3.1, in combination with the 3.5.1 File Patch and the SDHC extension. It's incredibly annoying because I once had Gecko working on this exact card without SDHC extension several months ago.

Quote from: Kosner on January 25, 2014, 12:29:10 AM
I'm using 1.9.3.1, in combination with the 3.5.1 File Patch and the SDHC extension. It's incredibly annoying because I once had Gecko working on this exact card without SDHC extension several months ago.

I'm thinking it must be something with the card being SDHC. I'll try on one of my SDHC cards with the extension code and let you know how it goes.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Anyone here tried to play with cloned characters on Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2? Whenever I try, after some time, the game freezes, only when a cloned character is in the match. I think the problem might be the huge Display Screen, but that's just a theory.
Btw, I've been trying to change Kid Buu's Announcer Call in ASF1nk's pack, but no luck, since there were no replies and it is kinda related to BrawlEx, I'm just gonna throw it out here..

Quote from: CutterKirby64 on January 23, 2014, 05:15:25 AM
I'm having a little problem using Super Sawndz, my goal is to replace ASF1nk's BrawlEx announcer for Kid Buu with Mewtwo. According to the preview and this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Kid Buu's announcer was sucessfully replaced with Mewtwo's, but when I try to export the whole Menu (ID 220) as a sawnd file, the announcer resets back to Kid Buu, even though is was already replaced. I can hear the announcer saying "Mewtwo" in Super Sawndz, doesn't that mean that it worked? But why it just keeps reseting? I've tried it several times, but always when exporting it the announcer turns back to Kid Buu. Can anyone help me to figure it out?

I use PM launcher and it doesn't freeze on the strap screen like gecko did sometimes.

January 25, 2014, 01:07:22 AM #1613 Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 01:10:16 AM by ShinF
Okay, after trying it out with my own build, it seems that Gecko just doesn't replace files from SDHC (at least when using the disc on wii). I decided to try it with the Project M launcher, though, and despite what I thought would happen because of the lack of AxNextFrame, it seems to work properly, although it feels slower to me for some reason when loading it definitely loads slower. Kosner, I'm going to simply upload my build exactly as it is on my SDHC so that you can see if it works for you.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: ShinF on January 25, 2014, 01:07:22 AM
Okay, after trying it out with my own build, it seems that Gecko just doesn't replace files from SDHC (at least when using the disc on wii). I decided to try it with the Project M launcher, though, and despite what I thought would happen because of the lack of AxNextFrame, it seems to work properly, although it feels slower to me for some reason when loading. Kosner, I'm going to simply upload my build exactly as it is on my SD so that you can see if it works for you.

I'd appreciate that very much! Is there away to have Gecko load from USB instead of a disc? I have a .iso/wbfs of Brawl in case I mess the disc up (like my first copy of Brawl..)

January 25, 2014, 02:59:40 AM #1615 Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 03:00:42 AM by Axel Akutare
Quote from: ShinF on January 24, 2014, 11:46:28 PM
Kirby works, but you have to do it right. When cloning a character, you have to set the Kirby Hat data to None to prevent freezing. Besides that, he also seems to freeze with Luigi and Yoshi when you use a Fighter Config for those characters to expand their costumes. Again, setting their Fighter Config to have "None" for the Kirby Hat data fixes it, although when set to None he can't gain their power.

It seems to actually cause the freeze even without the Fighter Configs for expanded costumes. Unless that's just me, which would seem odd.

Unless it's ANY character using the fighter configs for expanded costumes, then the question of "How does that work?" comes up.
I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

January 25, 2014, 03:02:31 AM #1616 Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 03:03:49 AM by ShinF
Quote from: Axel Akutare on January 25, 2014, 02:59:40 AM
It seems to actually cause the freeze even without the Fighter Configs for expanded costumes. Unless that's just me, which would seem odd.

Unless it's ANY character using the fighter configs for expanded costumes, then the question of "How does that work?" comes up.

Right, I forgot that you had mentioned that. No, it's just Luigi and Yoshi. All the others work perfectly fine. In any case, setting it to none still solves the problem, it just makes you unable to use their hats.

I'm still uploading my build by the way, Kosner. It's just taking a while because my internet is crap.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: CutterKirby64 on January 25, 2014, 12:47:01 AM
Anyone here tried to play with cloned characters on Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2? Whenever I try, after some time, the game freezes, only when a cloned character is in the match. I think the problem might be the huge Display Screen, but that's just a theory.
Btw, I've been trying to change Kid Buu's Announcer Call in ASF1nk's pack, but no luck, since there were no replies and it is kinda related to BrawlEx, I'm just gonna throw it out here..


I've still got Pokemon Stadium 2 on my copy, but I haven't had any freezes there yet. But then again, I still have the screen showing the names of the characters they're cloned from, and I haven't added stuff like CSPs yet either.
I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Quote from: ShinF on January 25, 2014, 03:02:31 AM
Right, I forgot that you had mentioned that. No, it's just Luigi and Yoshi. All the others work perfectly fine. In any case, setting it to none still solves the problem, it just makes you unable to use their hats.

I'm still uploading my build by the way, Kosner. It's just taking a while because my internet is crap.

Not a problem! I've been messing around with Gecko still, older versions didn't work for me either. Guess I'll just have to use Project M Launcher!

January 25, 2014, 04:44:05 AM #1619 Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 04:45:19 AM by shock44
Alright, I got it everyone! I figured out how to get boss sfx to be directed onto BrawlEx characters and how to find out what their soundbanks are. Here's my tutorial:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I'd like to thank DSX8 for telling me where to find the info for the SFX PSA ids and soundbank ids.