Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2836867 times)
ShadowSnake
Venomous Hacker
Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1605 on: January 24, 2014, 05:21:28 PM »

you could use gecko with the sdhc code that was recently released. it allows sd cards over 2gb on gecko. Tongue

@solidsnake
    try it without custom csp's if your using them, and also try to use it with a different exmodule maybe? i used pikachu and lucas when i was testing Shocked so i dont really know if the jiggs that pikazz made works with it

I just deleted Wisp's data and replaced it with a Peach clone instead, as well as tried it without custom csps and yet it still freezes. It must be something in my codeset but i don't know.

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Pin Collector Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1606 on: January 24, 2014, 05:22:04 PM »

Sorry but just to clarify, it won't work with the Project M Launcher even if I use my own .gct?

It will work with the launcher, but it is not compatible with the mod itself. Having said that, you would be far better off using Gecko since I'm fairly sure the launcher doesn't give you the option to change the hook type to AxNextFrame, which is required to ensure it works consistently. You're MUCH more likely to get a freeze with PM's launcher. Besides that, there's no advantage to using the launcher over Gecko.

I might upload my SD Card soon, so that others can use it as a base if nothing else.
    « Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 05:24:30 PM by ShinF » Logged

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Kosner
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1607 on: January 24, 2014, 05:25:30 PM »

It will work with the launcher, but it is not compatible with the mod itself. Having said that, you would be far better off using Gecko since I'm fairly sure the launcher doesn't give you the option to change the hook type to AxNextFrame, which is required to ensure it works consistently. You're MUCH more likely to get a freeze with PM's launcher. Besides that, there's no advantage to using the launcher over Gecko.

And I'd much rather be using Gecko, but still can't get File Patch to work for whatever reason.. Probably a dumb question but for the M Launcher can I make a config.txt to change the hook type? Or is something like that only possible with Gecko?

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1608 on: January 24, 2014, 05:26:26 PM »

And I'd much rather be using Gecko, but still can't get File Patch to work for whatever reason.. Probably a dumb question but for the M Launcher can I make a config.txt to change the hook type? Or is something like that only possible with Gecko?

That's actually a good question. I'm not sure. Say, what version of Gecko are you using? Are you using the most recent one?

Kosner
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1609 on: January 24, 2014, 05:29:10 PM »

That's actually a good question. I'm not sure. Say, what version of Gecko are you using? Are you using the most recent one?

I'm using 1.9.3.1, in combination with the 3.5.1 File Patch and the SDHC extension. It's incredibly annoying because I once had Gecko working on this exact card without SDHC extension several months ago.

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1610 on: January 24, 2014, 05:31:11 PM »

I'm using 1.9.3.1, in combination with the 3.5.1 File Patch and the SDHC extension. It's incredibly annoying because I once had Gecko working on this exact card without SDHC extension several months ago.

I'm thinking it must be something with the card being SDHC. I'll try on one of my SDHC cards with the extension code and let you know how it goes.

CutterKirby64
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1611 on: January 24, 2014, 05:47:01 PM »

Anyone here tried to play with cloned characters on Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2? Whenever I try, after some time, the game freezes, only when a cloned character is in the match. I think the problem might be the huge Display Screen, but that's just a theory.
    Btw, I've been trying to change Kid Buu's Announcer Call in ASF1nk's pack, but no luck, since there were no replies and it is kinda related to BrawlEx, I'm just gonna throw it out here..

I'm having a little problem using Super Sawndz, my goal is to replace ASF1nk's BrawlEx announcer for Kid Buu with Mewtwo. According to the preview and this:
    Inserting wav Mewtwo Announcer Call.wav

sndconv.exe v1.2
    Sound converter for Dolphin AX sound player.
    Copyright 2001 Nintendo Technology Development, Inc.

Sawndz 0.13
    2010-2011 Jaklub
    2012 Agoaj

special thanks to mastaklo, ssbbtailsfan, stickman, VILE
    Inserting the sound... Please wait.
    frequency 44100
    nonlooping sample.new size inst 50400
    new size: 50400
    old size: 14636
    size difference: 35764
    size difference: 35776
    Adding empty space to the brsar... Please wait.
    79148080 offset.
    35776 bytes to alter.
    fix
    fix
    Done.

Kid Buu's announcer was sucessfully replaced with Mewtwo's, but when I try to export the whole Menu (ID 220) as a sawnd file, the announcer resets back to Kid Buu, even though is was already replaced. I can hear the announcer saying "Mewtwo" in Super Sawndz, doesn't that mean that it worked? But why it just keeps reseting? I've tried it several times, but always when exporting it the announcer turns back to Kid Buu. Can anyone help me to figure it out?

Jade_Rock
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1612 on: January 24, 2014, 06:03:36 PM »

I use PM launcher and it doesn't freeze on the strap screen like gecko did sometimes.

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1613 on: January 24, 2014, 06:07:22 PM »

Okay, after trying it out with my own build, it seems that Gecko just doesn't replace files from SDHC (at least when using the disc on wii). I decided to try it with the Project M launcher, though, and despite what I thought would happen because of the lack of AxNextFrame, it seems to work properly, although it feels slower to me for some reason when loading it definitely loads slower. Kosner, I'm going to simply upload my build exactly as it is on my SDHC so that you can see if it works for you.
    « Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 06:10:16 PM by ShinF » Logged

Kosner
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1614 on: January 24, 2014, 06:13:31 PM »

Okay, after trying it out with my own build, it seems that Gecko just doesn't replace files from SDHC (at least when using the disc on wii). I decided to try it with the Project M launcher, though, and despite what I thought would happen because of the lack of AxNextFrame, it seems to work properly, although it feels slower to me for some reason when loading. Kosner, I'm going to simply upload my build exactly as it is on my SD so that you can see if it works for you.

I'd appreciate that very much! Is there away to have Gecko load from USB instead of a disc? I have a .iso/wbfs of Brawl in case I mess the disc up (like my first copy of Brawl..)

Axel Akutare
    Mega Kitten

The Dark Hero

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1615 on: January 24, 2014, 07:59:40 PM »

Kirby works, but you have to do it right. When cloning a character, you have to set the Kirby Hat data to None to prevent freezing. Besides that, he also seems to freeze with Luigi and Yoshi when you use a Fighter Config for those characters to expand their costumes. Again, setting their Fighter Config to have "None" for the Kirby Hat data fixes it, although when set to None he can't gain their power.

It seems to actually cause the freeze even without the Fighter Configs for expanded costumes. Unless that's just me, which would seem odd.

Unless it's ANY character using the fighter configs for expanded costumes, then the question of "How does that work?" comes up.
    « Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 08:00:42 PM by Axel Akutare » Logged

I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1616 on: January 24, 2014, 08:02:31 PM »

It seems to actually cause the freeze even without the Fighter Configs for expanded costumes. Unless that's just me, which would seem odd.

Unless it's ANY character using the fighter configs for expanded costumes, then the question of "How does that work?" comes up.

Right, I forgot that you had mentioned that. No, it's just Luigi and Yoshi. All the others work perfectly fine. In any case, setting it to none still solves the problem, it just makes you unable to use their hats.

I'm still uploading my build by the way, Kosner. It's just taking a while because my internet is crap.
    « Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 08:03:49 PM by ShinF » Logged

Axel Akutare
    Mega Kitten

The Dark Hero

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1617 on: January 24, 2014, 08:21:34 PM »

Anyone here tried to play with cloned characters on Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2? Whenever I try, after some time, the game freezes, only when a cloned character is in the match. I think the problem might be the huge Display Screen, but that's just a theory.
    Btw, I've been trying to change Kid Buu's Announcer Call in ASF1nk's pack, but no luck, since there were no replies and it is kinda related to BrawlEx, I'm just gonna throw it out here..

I've still got Pokemon Stadium 2 on my copy, but I haven't had any freezes there yet. But then again, I still have the screen showing the names of the characters they're cloned from, and I haven't added stuff like CSPs yet either.

I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Kosner
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1618 on: January 24, 2014, 08:37:48 PM »

Right, I forgot that you had mentioned that. No, it's just Luigi and Yoshi. All the others work perfectly fine. In any case, setting it to none still solves the problem, it just makes you unable to use their hats.

I'm still uploading my build by the way, Kosner. It's just taking a while because my internet is crap.

Not a problem! I've been messing around with Gecko still, older versions didn't work for me either. Guess I'll just have to use Project M Launcher!

shock44
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1619 on: January 24, 2014, 09:44:05 PM »

Alright, I got it everyone! I figured out how to get boss sfx to be directed onto BrawlEx characters and how to find out what their soundbanks are. Here's my tutorial:
    To find out about Smash Bros. Boss's SFX in PSA and sound banks, just open the BRSAR in BrawlBox 0.71

Then go under snd, NOT SND. The lower case one. then group then go to enemy. Then you'll find the Boss's soundbank numbers. They will be in decimal form so you need to convert them to hex. Duon's is 318 which is 13E in hex.

To find their sound clips with PSA SFX ids: Just go under snd and then go to se, then go to boss and then go to Duon. Then to find the PSA SFX id just click on an audio number and look on the upper right box with data in it and the number at the bottom of the list with the word Misc. above it is the number you need for that SFX to call it in PSA. You of course, need to convert it to Hex for it to be called properly in the PSA program (either smashattacks or brawlbox0.67b).

In order to give the BrawlEx characters there own sfx we have to first change their soundbank to the boss soundbank we want them to use. Then go into that BrawlEx character's PSA file. Then go into every part of their PSA where they use a unique sound effect and point it to one in the boss's sound effects. You also have to figure out what sound effects from that character are going to replace what in that Boss's sound effects beforehand, so that you can link them up correctly when doing the PSA part. Also, the hackers at Project M did something that is necessary when doing this method. Since boss soundbanks don't have as many sounds as fighter characters do, for a lot of the sound effects that Roy uses, they had to change it to common sounds in brawl that matched up with Roy's. Which I guess correspond to the slashes and swipes and explosion, and fire that he does. There are a few sound effects that they put on Duon for Roy that they didn't pull from the common sfx. But there aren't that many. They used the voice clips of Roy for most of Duon's sfx and only used essential sfx that Roy needed in there. The rest is common sfx. One last thing I need to mention is that Project M was able to redirect the Crowd that cheers Roy's name when he is winning in the game to one of Duon's sounds. Where in a character's moveset file does have the line of code that determines what sfx id is called for when he is winning a match? That would be really good information to know in order for people to give BrawlEx characters their own sfx fully.

Anyways, I hope this is very helpful and that this means people can start working on a project to get some BrawlEx characters to have their own sfx and maybe upload them on dropbox and post them? That would be nice. Like if I wanted Shadow over Sonic to have his own SFX and he uses Taboo's soundbank. I know you are saying, "Do it yourself! Don't wait for other people to do it!" I wouldn't mind doing that. However I am in college and I have all these projects that keep me busy a lot of the time. I just don't have that much time on my hands to do such a project for brawl hacks. I mean I could do a little of it each day or so. I would have to keep track of to do and what is left to do each time I work on it though. Anyway, happy hacking!!

I'd like to thank DSX8 for telling me where to find the info for the SFX PSA ids and soundbank ids.
    « Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 09:45:19 PM by shock44 » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: